Author Topic: SAMSUNG VS TOSHIBA  (Read 1386 times)

Offline ajestavillo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SAMSUNG VS TOSHIBA
« on: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM »
Hi guys, im new here and in need of enlightenment  ;D

Im torn between the samsung 40 550 and the toshiba 42 cv600. Both, more or less, are within my price range (set by the wifey of course ;) ). Main use would be gaming 50% (xbox360), movies 30% and standard cable.
Im upgrading from a toshiba rear projection 43incher and would be the main tv in the house. What do you think guys? Suggestions for better alternatives would also be appreciated  ;D

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: SAMSUNG VS TOSHIBA
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:05 AM »
I am also in the process of getting a new 40" LCD this week. I gave time in auditioning most LCD's and plasma's in this range. My result: Samsung 40" 530. ;D It was the better panel for me interms of viewing films. I watch a minimum of 3 films a day and I seldom watch cable. So for this purpose, this LCD is the one for me. Great resolution and great price for a full hd with a 1080p native resolution. :)

Offline ajestavillo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM »
Thanks for your inputs stick  :)
I went by Automatic Center in Ayala Cebu  im from Cebu ) and compared both LCDs which were incidently side by side. I didnt notice any difference in PQ (newbie though) but did notice that the Tosh was quite bigger than the sammy.
I hope someone can comment on the Tosh cv600 because Im leaning on buying it this weekend (before its too late :o )...

Offline fakuryu

• Collector
  • I'm with CoCo
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 12:32 AM »
Have you even considered the LG Scarlet? If you do, I'd recommend that one.

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
I don't have any Samsung TVs, but I got 2 toshiba LCDs,46" and  42". My 46" is already 2 years old and this is the first batch of toshiba that came out with a Full HD. My 42" is RV500. So far okay naman sila. Have encountered no problems at all. Both have good cable reception naman. DVD performance is quite good and the Blue Ray performance is really good.

The colors are quite okay, but one thing I notice about Toshiba is that their color tends to be more on the pinkish side. But if you have it calibrated, naayos din naman. What I really wanna see right now is the new model of Toshiba which is the ZV600. Kaso wala ako makitang naka display sa appliance centers eh.

As for Samsung, I cannot comment much, kasi nga wala naman ako Samsung.

Offline ajestavillo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 04:26 PM »
Thanks all for your inputs :)
Took the plunged and bought the toshiba cv600 yesterday with the smoked gecko plasma rack all for 60k  8)
The scarlet was really nice but a little over my budget. The samsung was also nice but decided that it was little to flashy for my taste and looked really smaller compared to the 42 tosh.

Offline migs

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 09:43 PM »
I compared the toshiba 42' rv600 against  the samsung side by side at sights and sounds. I preferred the toshiba. The samsung looked nice and constrasty, perhaps more vivid colors. The toshiba was warmer, a bit less contrasty (but not less detailed) and overall easier on the eyes. I think that there would be less eye strain with the toshiba if viewing is done for several hours.