Author Topic: home theater system for under 30k  (Read 2735 times)

Offline arnoldsamson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
home theater system for under 30k
« on: Apr 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM »
just want to get suggestions from you guys for a very good sounding dvd home theater system under 30k whether it is all in one system or with a dedicated receiver. also i do consider possible upgrade to blu ray as well in the near future. all inputs shall be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Offline bananabond

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: home theater system for under 30k
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM »
Sony dav 590k. Tallboy front speakers. Great sound. With optic in for  blue ray or ps3 5.1 output. Worth 26,000.

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2010 at 01:53 PM »
thanks sa input bro. so, for the possible upgrade to blu ray you mean i connect direct to my plasma via HDMI and the receiver and player via optic in? will i still enjoy surround sound with that connection?

Offline Riaden

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 01:00 AM »
thanks sa input bro. so, for the possible upgrade to blu ray you mean i connect direct to my plasma via HDMI and the receiver and player via optic in? will i still enjoy surround sound with that connection?

Yup.

Video = HDMI
Audio = Optical  (5.1 surround DTS/Dolby PLII)

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 01:27 AM »
so as far as blu ray players are concerned, do all, or if not most of them have an optical output? thanks again.

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 08:49 AM »
I also had the same budget as you sir when I first planned to buy an HT system. I initially opted for a HTIB pero I remembered my first HTIB in which the DVD player part consistently conked out kaya I considered going the dedicated receiver route para at least I get to choose na rin my video source. Here's my suggestion if you may:

1. Receiver - meron mga under 10k sa marketplace for 5.1s. Meron din mga decent 7.1s for as low as 15k. Just look around.
2. Fronts and Center speakers - you can try Sir Anthony's DIY speakers as they offer good value for your money's worth (at least IMHO). Fronts and center may cost you around 7k. Or you may also search the marketplace.
3. Surround speakers - these may go as low as 2 or 3k as there are a lot of bookshelves being sold in the marketplace at around this price.
4. Subwoofer - you may get a 2nd hand sw from the marketplace for as low as 8k or you may opt for a-audio.

Now, if you're going the HDMI route, the cheapest receiver I saw with an HDMI pass through was at around 15k. This will give you around 15k for setting up your speakers.

Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2010 at 08:49 AM by beginner »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 09:13 AM »
i have to agree with sir beginner, spend the 30k wisely, specially if you have plans to go bluray or even media player. better to invest on a hdmi switching receiver which could be had for 15-20k then diy_master's speakers can also be had for 15-20k (depending on budget and configuration. a dvd player is cheap nowadays. a good upscaling dvd can be had for 5k or less. once you set this up, you can now then save for the subwoofer.

try to save some more so you get the possible bang for your buck and stop the upgrade bug once you realized that the htib you bought is not enough for your needs.

goodluck.  :D
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2010 at 03:50 PM by iiinas »

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM »
thanks for the replies, mga bro. ask ko lang ung sound quality ng speakers ni Sir Anthony? anyone bought from him and feedbacks na rin po.peace 8)

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 03:39 PM »
thanks for the replies, mga bro. ask ko lang ung sound quality ng speakers ni Sir Anthony? anyone bought from him and feedbacks na rin po.peace 8)

They're, of course, better than the speakers bundled with HTIBs.

I'm personally using a-audio speakers with Marantz receiver and I'm very satisfied with how the whole system sounds. Tritowers for my front with matching proac clone center and tablette bookshelves for my surround. I have also added a 10" sealed subwoofer.

You may want to contact Sir Anthony. He'll be more than happy to have you audition his speakers.

Of course, it's always best to audition for the right speakers that will be "good" for your ears. And consider the size of the room where you'll be setting up your HT. Take your time, look around. Listen, trust your ears. Nowadays, we really need to get our money's worth.  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010 at 06:07 AM by beginner »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 12:12 AM »
Master Beginner has spoken. Hehehehe. Madami kang options lalo na sa 2nd hand market.

Pero kung gusto mo branded na bnew sir, baka meron pang MS Premiere sattelite + sub set sa Robinsons Pioneer. The sattelites can play quite low for sattelites, and are of the sealed design kaya baka mas madali i-integrate. Pakinggan mo na lang. At least it would be a serious step up from most HTIBs. I think the set costs about 18k (or less). Samahan mo na lang ng entry level AV receiver, meron mga bnew old stock na kasya pa sa budget (or raise the budget by a bit for a current model unit). Yung source, may DVD player ka naman siguro diyan na natatabi. NMT na lang or bluray player sa future.

If you have a bigger room, or bigger plans tapos di naman madalian... use your money on a nicer receiver and front speaks muna.  Tapos dagdag ka na lang ng center, surrounds, and sub later on.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM by Stagea »

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
thanks again for the replies, mga bro. i want to consider Sir Anthony's A-audio. so, tingin nyo what kind of home theater set up dapat for condo, pero considering possible upgrades? huge speakers are out for now considering the size of my living room. thanks.

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM »
arnoldsamson,

my suggestion: don't be in a hurry to complete a full surround system. you can build up your system gradually. start with a good pair of fronts and receiver. from there, you can add the other components as extra funds become available.  :)
peace man!

Offline lizzyjakers

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM »
A good quality surrounds system is more or less 30K. You might need to stretch your budget. An HDTV is expensive too.

Offline bananabond

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 08:55 PM »
onkyo 3300 best and has latest features.
size is compact
3d ready
hd audio
http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S3300&class=Systems&p=i