Author Topic: Pioneer EV7 DVD HTIB  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Spartacus™

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pioneer EV7 DVD HTIB
« on: Oct 24, 2010 at 02:30 PM »
http://202.136.168.2/storefront/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=392&CatId=0,65,15

Hi all,

Help naman po mga guru's...Just want to ask kung pwede ba ung EV7 HTIB (picture in the link) na i-connect ung speakers nito to latest blu ray players...di ba problem un kung pag switch ko sila ng speakers...and different brand pa? im planning to upgrade soon kasi.

TIA
...be more like me and be less like you.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer EV7 DVD HTIB
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 03:40 PM »
Puwede, pero hindi advisable.

HTiB systems are designed to be low-cost and easy to use, but they are not designed to be upgradable.

HTiB amps and speakers were designed and tested to work together, so changing anything in the chain will not allow the system to work right.

The HTiB has an underpowered amp that will work best with the speakers they came with.  Better speakers will not necessarily give you better sound.  They might even overheat the HTiB's amp and kill it.

If you really want to try it, just make sure the impedance of the HTiB amp and new speakers match each other.

My advice, your next upgrade path should be an AVR + speakers.  In the meantime, just enjoy the HTiB.  I'm sure it's going to give you many more years of trouble-free use.

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2010 at 03:46 PM by barrister »

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 03:48 PM »
Puwede, pero hindi advisable.

HTiB systems are designed to be low-cost and easy to use, but they are not designed to be upgradable.

HTiB amps and speakers were designed and tested to work together, so changing anything in the chain will not allow the system to work right.

The HTiB has an underpowered amp that will work best with the speakers they came with.  Better speakers will not necessarily give you better sound.  They might even overheat the HTiB's amp and kill it.

If you really want to try it, just make sure the impedance of the HTiB amp and new speakers match each other.

My advice, your next upgrade path should be an AVR + speakers.  In the meantime, just enjoy the HTiB.  I'm sure it's going to give you many more years of trouble-free use.

+1, just use the HTIB's input jacks (RCA, Optical, or COAX)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Spartacus™

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 04:15 PM »
Thanks sir barrister for the advise..any way double po ako..kasi im not sure kung tama ung thread na na post ko...

on the other thread latest post ko...nag upload po ako ng pics...any comment lang po...

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,123462.0.html

sir jao thanks again..

Offline Spartacus™

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 04:39 PM »
am i wrong in my belief na any HTIB speakers will all work with any HTIB players..may issues din ba yn regarding voltage or watts...

given example....i have a dvd player from Quiapo...and it have a HT set up s likod.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5589/abcd0003oi.jpg

and ganito ung set up ng EV7 ko..

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5121/ev7dvdback.jpg

will this work kung palitan ko to rca jack ung wires ng EV7DVD para ma connect sa dvd player from quiapo...any issues about voltage sa speakers...correct me n lng po if im wrong...

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM »
You're asking the wrong questions.

Those RCA audio outs are line-level outputs.  Walang power yan, kinokonekta sa amplifier/receiver, hindi sa speakers.

Those spring clip terminals on the back of the HTiB are speaker-level outputs.  Powered output yan, already amplified by the HTiB's amplifier, kinokonekta sa speakers using speaker wire, not RCA plugs.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM by barrister »