Author Topic: Extreme DVD Player  (Read 86984 times)

Offline jireyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • education!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Extreme DVD Player
« Reply #270 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
The building that houses Venus Electronics is the Dasma Corporate Center on #321 Dasmarinas St.  This is a medium rise buillding that is pinkish in color and is on your right when you're headed towards quintin paredes coming from the vicinity of plaza sta. cruz. Landmarks on that building are two banks on the ground floor (one of the banks is vacated - i think it is a metrobank branch). Venus electronics is in room 607, when you get out of the elevator, it's along the corridor on your right side.

Hope this helps.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 04:20 PM »
my unit also freezes for 2 to 3 secs is this common ?? xtreme kasi is my 1st DVD..

Yup!  Common na sa XTREME yang glitch na yan.  Give it some time and mamimili na siya ng
discs  :-X
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2005 at 03:06 PM by Monzki »

Offline Lennon

• Collector
  • Free your mind ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Apr 12, 2005 at 03:33 PM »
Thanks Alfie and jireyes for the info.  :)

Offline JorelJ

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 02:33 PM »
I was supposed to buy this player yesterday when one of the tindera mentioned why they didn't catered such brand...

she said "may overheating problems kase yun, wala kaseng bluer sa gilid"...
I asked, "anong bluer?", "bluer, yung butas sa gilid".."aaah, Blower."

I noticed and nodded, the entire casing of the 6999A is enclosed with no exhaust.  Has anyone of you experience overheating problems?

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
Ha ha ha. Bluer than blue. ;)

Offline eeeBay

• Collector
  • Hi, eeeBay here ---->> eeeeeba ito !!
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2005 at 02:42 PM »
baka ang mga "freezing" and "alarm like sound when the player freezes" ay effect ng heating ??? just my thoughts.
-----
This is eeeBay !!!

Offline jed2

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Jun 08, 2005 at 04:21 PM »
iv've got my extreme dvd player about a year and a half ago.  don't know kung namimili na ng dvd or marami lang talagang gasgas yung mga ayaw ng basahin na dvd.  i'm quite satisfied with this unit knowing that ng kids always watch 4 hrs daily.  i still recommend this player.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Jun 09, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
My XTREME 6500A is more than two years old already... and in that span of time, it has undergone two lens replacement which cost me Ps 1,750.00  :o  Some might  laugh and mock me for having it repaired instead of buying a replacement unit  ::)  But up to now,  I haven't seen a generic player that has the loaded features of my XTREME with a sleek design to boot  ;)

Well, that's just me... XTREME I love!  O0

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #278 on: Jun 09, 2005 at 12:13 PM »
My XTREME 6500A is more than two years old already... and in that span of time, it has undergone two lens replacement which cost me Ps 1,750.00 :o Some might laugh and mock me for having it repaired instead of buying a replacement unit ::) But up to now, I haven't seen a generic player that has the loaded features of my XTREME with a sleek design to boot ;)

Well, that's just me... XTREME I love! O0

Bro. talagang ganyan. pag love mo talaga ang isang bagay, ayaw mo mawala sa buhay mo.

"Parang asawa, kahit me diperensya, hindi dinidispatsa!" ;D

Yan nga lang may bitrate reader among generic (and maybe even among branded) players.

Yung Skyworth ko, 1 year and 7 months na. DVD5 na lang ang binabasa at first layer ng DVD9s. Di ko rin madispatsa.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Jun 09, 2005 at 04:10 PM »
Bro. talagang ganyan. pag love mo talaga ang isang bagay, ayaw mo mawala sa buhay mo.

"Parang asawa, kahit me diperensya, hindi dinidispatsa!" ;D

Yan nga lang may bitrate reader among generic (and maybe even among branded) players.

Yung Skyworth ko, 1 year and 7 months na. DVD5 na lang ang binabasa at first layer ng DVD9s. Di ko rin madispatsa.

Bwe-he-he tumpak ka dyan bro!  Love at first sight din kasi ako sa Xtreme kaya ngayon together forever na kami  ;D

With regards sa repair ng unit ko... I have to admit may fault din ako sa breakdown niya, kinutingting ko kasi yung lens by adjusting it kasi one time eh di nya na mabasa yung majority ng mga treasured DVDs ko kaya hayun sunog data cable damay lens (1st incident) tapos kutingting ulet recently (tigas kasi ng ulo ko eh  :D) binaklas ko na naman as usual void warranty kasi sinira ko yung warranty seal  >:D  But if I didn't attempt to tinker it myself and just brought it to Venus Electronics free pa rin sana repair/lens replacement...  :'(  Moral of the story, pag under warranty pa unit don't even attempt to open it just bring the godd**n unit sa service center period!  ;)

Yup yung bitrate display ang one of the features na nagustuhan ko sa XTREME laking tulong to determine the PQ di ko na kelangan isalang sa PC and ran a utility to check.  And another thing, subok ko na ang de-interlacer ng Xtreme, daming setup options for video and audio, may last memory, up to 32X FORWARD, functional VGA port, with built-in DTS decoder, KARAOKE features, etc. wala na akong hahanapin pa... well, except for DIV-X but heck I can live without it! :D
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2005 at 04:12 PM by Monzki »

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Jun 09, 2005 at 06:45 PM »
My XTREME 6500A is more than two years old already... and in that span of time, it has undergone two lens replacement which cost me Ps 1,750.00  :o  Some might  laugh and mock me for having it repaired instead of buying a replacement unit  ::)  But up to now,  I haven't seen a generic player that has the loaded features of my XTREME with a sleek design to boot  ;)

Well, that's just me... XTREME I love!  O0

Hi Monzki, didn't you buy your Xtreme January 2004 or late 2003 so around 1 year and a half. Mine was 13 months when I had the lens replaced for 1000. And it's been 3 months it's still working with the usual quirks and like you if it get's broken again I'm willing to pay another 1000 to have the lens replaced.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Jun 09, 2005 at 07:32 PM »
Hi Monzki, didn't you buy your Xtreme January 2004 or late 2003 so around 1 year and a half. Mine was 13 months when I had the lens replaced for 1000. And it's been 3 months it's still working with the usual quirks and like you if it get's broken again I'm willing to pay another 1000 to have the lens replaced.

Can't seem to remember the time I acquired it... around mid or late 2003 nga yata halos sabay pa kami ni Alfie bumili that time - first batch ng XTREME 6500A which has the bitrate display... almost two years lang pala  ::)   Oh well, sulet na sulet naman ako sa XTREME ko kasi bugbug na bugbog talaga saken yung unit in terms of use and abuse i.e. marathon viewing and is being used by my 2 kids everyday watching Disney/cartoon DVDs  >:D

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 08:56 PM »
for the DIY'ers at malakas ang loob na kumalikot ;D

after more than a year of use, my Xtreme DVD player won't read any disc.

the trimmer for adjusting the light intensity ( AKA alignment ) is located underneath the tray/transport. you have to remove the 4 screws holding the tray for you to see it.

i adjusted the trimmer and now my Xtreme DVD player works fine.  

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 02:23 AM »
Question:

Hirap na basahin ng player ko kapag dual layer (yung second layer ng disc, forever pause na sya)... may problem  na kaya yung player? May sira kaya?

Dapat na palitan... or ipaayos (baka same lang yung price kung papalitan ng bago)?

Saan nagpapaayos ng Extreme players?

Mga 1 year na ang player... medyo gamit na din sa kakanood.

Pero kapag single layer naman and DVD-Rs, it works fine.

Thanks in advance sa sasagot.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 07:35 AM »
Question:

Hirap na basahin ng player ko kapag dual layer (yung second layer ng disc, forever pause na sya)... may problem  na kaya yung player? May sira kaya?

Dapat na palitan... or ipaayos (baka same lang yung price kung papalitan ng bago)?

Saan nagpapaayos ng Extreme players?

Mga 1 year na ang player... medyo gamit na din sa kakanood.

Pero kapag single layer naman and DVD-Rs, it works fine.

Thanks in advance sa sasagot.

Bro,

You could have your unit repaired at Venus Electronics their contact no. is 733-5075, their service center is near Sta. Cruz Church in Avenida or Escolta area.  8)

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 12:51 PM »
Bro,

You could have your unit repaired at Venus Electronics their contact no. is 733-5075, their service center is near Sta. Cruz Church in Avenida or Escolta area. 8)

Sir Monzki... thanks a lot. Tama, may problem nga. Kasi I tried it sa Nextbase player, walang pause na nangyari.

Thanks ulit. :)

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:09 PM »
Sir Monzki... thanks a lot. Tama, may problem nga. Kasi I tried it sa Nextbase player, walang pause na nangyari.

Thanks ulit. :)

Pareho kayo ng problem ni Quitacet ganyan din yung Skyworth niya di na rin makabasa ng dual layered DVDs, repair cost nyan might be P500 to P1,000 sa Venus Electronics.  Good luck!  O0

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:25 PM »

the trimmer for adjusting the light intensity ( AKA alignment ) is located underneath the tray/transport. you have to remove the 4 screws holding the tray for you to see it.

Yup!  Tried it and it worked for quite some time... pray that you've calibrated the lens in the best possible setting otherwise bibigay yung chipset naman niya later on.  Initial symptoms is freezing/hanging  tapos dedo na just like what happened to my Xtreme 6500A,  nago-overheat na yung chipsets nya kaya no choice ako but to replace it na lang with a new one :'( :-\ :P
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:27 PM by Monzki »

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 09:13 AM »
pray that you've calibrated the lens in the best possible setting otherwise bibigay yung chipset naman niya later on. 
/quote]

that would be the trick! i don't over-adjust the trimmer. once the player was able to read the disc, i then turn the trimmer back a bit.
It's been working well for about 4months now. if i can make the trimmer adjustment for 3 or 4  times before the player gives up, then that's enough money save on repair cost  to buy a new player. but that's just me :)

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
Now if I could only turn back time... buhay pa sana Xtreme ko  :'(

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 11:34 AM »

mag 7 months na since the trimmer adjustment and  my Xtreme DVD player still working well.  ;D

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 487
« Reply #291 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 11:19 PM »
after almost 2 years of headache-free use, my 6500a now refuses to play nay videoCD. Will still play all my DVDs flawlessly pero  ayaw na ng vcd. di ko tuloy mapanood sa TV yung mga pictures namin.

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 10:04 AM »
Saw 4 new models of Xtreme players yesterday at Raon Shopping Center the DVD-006-009. The DVD-006 to 008 are slim type they had divx/mp4 markings on their chasis while the DVD-009 has the same style as the old 6500 model with front panel controls for the directions and enter buttons. Almost all stalls had them with the price of 2,300. They all had game ports at the back and 5.1 analog out (not sure though if true 5.1 or just like the Lexing which has fake 5.1 out)

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:18 PM »
aaargh! ayaw na mag-play ng dvds ng xtreme 6500 ko! is it worth it going to sta. cruz and have it fixed or should i seriously consider a new player? venus electronics has crappy customer service. they don't answer their phone!

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 08:35 PM »
Saw 4 new models of Xtreme players yesterday at Raon Shopping Center the DVD-006-009. The DVD-006 to 008 are slim type they had divx/mp4 markings on their chasis while the DVD-009 has the same style as the old 6500 model with front panel controls for the directions and enter buttons. Almost all stalls had them with the price of 2,300. They all had game ports at the back and 5.1 analog out (not sure though if true 5.1 or just like the Lexing which has fake 5.1 out)

The 009 model also has a free 125 videoke songs included in MPEG4 format  :D

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 08:17 PM »
weird. my xtreme is suddenly functioning well today. i didn't do anything.
did it just heal itself? :o

Offline jireyes

• Apprentice
  • education!
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 09:13 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm about to attempt to check my 6500 for lens alignment.  My unit's almost 2 years old and in fact has been serviced twice by venus during the 1-year warranty period.  What do I have to watch out for during re-alignment? Also, if I will replace my unit , is the model 009 really dts-capable? At 2.2k pesos in raon, this looks tempting.

Thanks in advance for any helpful reply.

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 09:46 AM »
I'm about to attempt to check my 6500 for lens alignment.  My unit's almost 2 years old and in fact has been serviced twice by venus during the 1-year warranty period.  What do I have to watch out for during re-alignment?

just a safety reminder, don't power up the unit with the cover removed. kasi delikado sa mata yung laser na-emit nung lens. of course, aside from the possiblity of electrocution  ;D

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #298 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 10:06 AM »
Mababa lang naman iyung mga voltages and currents sa DVD player. As long as hindi ka humawak sa AC line at hindi ka tumitingin diretso sa CD lens nang matagalan wala akong nakikitang problema. Iyung CD lens tinitignan kasi kung may ilaw ito. Marami na akong beses nagpo power ng DVD at CD player na bukas ito (para makita kong mabuti kung ano ang nangyayari). Hindi mo kasi malalaman kung ano ang takbo kapag sarado. Siyempre mga basic safety precautions kailangan sundin mo.

Offline jireyes

• Apprentice
  • education!
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 10:11 AM »
Thank you both for your advice.will take the necessary safety precautions. kung may marinig kayong ambulansya, sana hindi ako yung nakasakay hehehe.