Author Topic: recommended T-Amps  (Read 22795 times)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: recommended T-Amps
« Reply #60 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 10:18 AM »
i received email that T-amp kits may soon be available at elab.ph....last time the kit cost 1500, but you have to assemble it  yourself, prepare the chassis and provide a power traffo...cost is anywhere between 5.5 to 6 k for a unit...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline jlester87

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 10:23 PM »
i received email that T-amp kits may soon be available at elab.ph....last time the kit cost 1500, but you have to assemble it  yourself, prepare the chassis and provide a power traffo...cost is anywhere between 5.5 to 6 k for a unit...

Yan ba sir yung 2 x 150 watts o yung niluluto nilang higher power version? For its power, bang for the buck yan, may kasama nang power supply, heatsink, speaker protect pati volume control in one module  :) Transformer at casing nalang kulang, yun nga lang mahirap isolder yung IC.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012 at 10:41 PM by jlester87 »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 06, 2012 at 06:58 AM »
Yan ba sir yung 2 x 150 watts o yung niluluto nilang higher power version? For its power, bang for the buck yan, may kasama nang power supply, heatsink, speaker protect pati volume control in one module  :) Transformer at casing nalang kulang, yun nga lang mahirap isolder yung IC.

yup, mas malaki daw yung heatsink, pero wala naman akong issues doon sa dati, oo nga mahirap talaga isolder yung ic pero sulit naman pagkatapos...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline royc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 04:13 AM »
Update: decided to get a marantz pm44se from the ads and connected it as planned to my old speakers. A low level listening test last night reminded me why I want better speakers hehe. Connected my old ipod via fiio L11 and Cal's interconnect and initial test on mp3s were very clean but wasn't satisfying. Remembered that I had 256 kbps aac files so I tried it and it was way better. Seems my amp is highlighting the limitations of mp3s. Will test at a louder volume this morning to confirm.

Thanks for all suggestions. While I chose an integrated amp today I'm still open to using T-amps in the near future.

EDIT: playing all aac files now it's not the speakers at fault when I listened last night but the mp3s :-)
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012 at 06:43 AM by royc »
iPod Nano 3G + FiiO L11 LOD + Marantz PM44 SE + Diamond 10.1

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #64 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 06:53 AM »
Congrats on your new amp  :)

Offline royc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM »
Congrats on your new amp  :)

tnx sa kabilang thread naman ako magtatanong for the speaker upgrade :-)
iPod Nano 3G + FiiO L11 LOD + Marantz PM44 SE + Diamond 10.1

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 12:18 AM »
i'm a newbie on T-amps ... planning to connect an 8-ohm speaker to my PC, and looking at Dali Zensor 1 speakers ... from what i've been reading on this thread and other T-amp related threads, the recommendation is for speakers with high sensitivity (90db  and up) ... the Dali Zensor 1 is only rated at 86.5 db sensitivity - would this be an issue?

any recommended T-amp to drive the Dali Zensor 1? or if such low sensitivity is not recommended, what BS speakers are recommended?  thanks in advance
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 07:50 AM »
i'm a newbie on T-amps ... planning to connect an 8-ohm speaker to my PC, and looking at Dali Zensor 1 speakers ... from what i've been reading on this thread and other T-amp related threads, the recommendation is for speakers with high sensitivity (90db  and up) ... the Dali Zensor 1 is only rated at 86.5 db sensitivity - would this be an issue?

any recommended T-amp to drive the Dali Zensor 1? or if such low sensitivity is not recommended, what BS speakers are recommended?  thanks in advance

i would say a gainclone of at least 50watts or a T-amp will drive youe speakers....

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #68 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM »
i would say a gainclone of at least 50watts or a T-amp will drive youe speakers....

Thank you sir, I decided to pull the trigger on this one and bought a Dayton DTA-100a and a pair of Dali Zensor 1 speakers.

I really wanted the Dali Zensor 1 BS speakers because of the affordable price and great reviews from both owners and experts (even got 5 stars from Watt HiFi).  Before getting the DTA-100a that I reserved from Watts HiFi, I first went to Architectural Audio to audition/purchase the Zensor 1 speakers.  Prior to testing, I was told that the T-amp may not bring out the best of the Zensor 1 due to low power, so I requested them if they have a similar amp to test the speakers.  Luckily they have a NuForce Icon Amp which has almost similar power than the DTA-100a, although it was a little bit more expensive.  After hearing the first parts of the demo music, I was already sold to get the speakers, only dilemma for me was that I was not sure if they would sound as impressive when paired to the DTA-100a - also had second thoughts on just buying the NuForce amp as it was really impressive and compact size as well, but I already had commitment to buy the DTA-100a.

So of to Watts HiFi in MCS and purchased the DTA-100a.  I did not have a chance to test the Zensor 1's at the store, but we tested the DTA-100a on a pair of bigger speakers (EPOS brand).  SQ during testing was as impressive as when we tested the NuForce Icon Amp.

I've now setup the DTA-100a and Zensor1 on my PC, and so far I'm really impressed with the set.  It's like having a big setup with the SQ. 

Anyway, I'm not sure if the NuForce Icon Amp has the same classification as the Dayton, but that one has better connectivity than the Dayton - it has a separate port to connect a sub-woofer for a 2.1 setup.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Tubigkanal

• Apprentice
  • Kuya wag po...
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 24, 2013 at 02:25 PM »
Hello! My cousin gave me his monitor speaker (Monitor Audio BR2) and im planning to set it up for my desktop. Can anyone suggest a t-amp to drive the Monitor Audio BR2 and if not against the rule can you point someone who sells it. TIA

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #70 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM »
Happy Easter PDVD peeps!

Offline Big Mac

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Village Idiot
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 04:10 PM »
The last post here was March last year.  Just want to find out if there are local retailers for T Amps here.  I don't like the case build of the Lepai.  Interested in that SMSL SA 36A.  Any leads appreciated.  There are ebay vendors for this for about P1600 but not sure how much our honorable customs personnel will tax this.   

Just for an attic room, powering Wharfedale 30.2s via Airplay using an old apple airport express.  Thanks.

Offline fredreadrick

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • DVD Addict
  • MarkAudioNirvana
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #72 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 04:21 PM »
The last post here was March last year.  Just want to find out if there are local retailers for T Amps here.  I don't like the case build of the Lepai.  Interested in that SMSL SA 36A.  Any leads appreciated.  There are ebay vendors for this for about P1600 but not sure how much our honorable customs personnel will tax this.   

Just for an attic room, powering Wharfedale 30.2s via Airplay using an old apple airport express.  Thanks.
bro, try this!
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,192107.msg2163489.html#new
Ultimately, musicality—not dissecting the sound
—is what high-end audio is all about. - R. Harley

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #73 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 04:31 PM »
A t-amp may struggle to drive 86db speakers. Go with a more capable amp.

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 04:54 PM »
The SA-36a PRO @20 watts per channel will have a hard time driving your 86db speakers & it might damage your speakers if you push it too hard. From the above link given by fredreadrick; check out the SA-98e @70wpc. Or better yet check out JojoD's gainclone amps  ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM by deist »

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 05:20 PM »
Look at the Indeed Hi-fi Labs class D TDA7498E amps on Ebay. 100+w. Kayang kaya iyan.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2014 at 05:23 PM by Gino »

Offline boing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 19, 2014 at 06:44 PM »
Are there local retailers of lepai amps?