Author Topic: PROMAC 5.1 T  (Read 26361 times)

Offline erworm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PROMAC 5.1 T
« Reply #30 on: Apr 19, 2004 at 09:55 AM »
bump

bro levi, meron ka nana review sa unit? thanks!

Offline Dax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Apr 20, 2004 at 12:53 PM »
at an rms of 18w(sub)and 5w(sattelites) its quite suited for small-medium HT setup..but the price is no question,its affordable. ;D

ok din kaya sa 18 sq mtrs to na room? saka may DD/DTS Decoder po ba ang Nextbase 785

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Apr 20, 2004 at 02:03 PM »
my father went ahead and auditioned a set today... it was not ok raw... according to him it was great! we of course tenga niya yun... pero may pagka audiophile siya and I trust his taste... will be picking my set up this afternoon after work sa office niya... will post more when I get to hear it for my self... thanks!

Offline pinoycoolwacky

• Apprentice
  • Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 20, 2004 at 10:12 PM »
Guys! soweee it took me so long to post some reviews on my own unit..So far so good nman unit ko. And it really made me satisfied coz well fitted sya sa place ko. It really rocks everytime nanonood ako, minsan nga yung katabing unit nmin nagsasara na agad ng pinto kapag nagstart nako manood ;D. And to think that Im only using pirated dvd's/vcd's..what more if Im goin to watch those original dvd's with good sound technology. The only thing that I observed on this unit is that prang medyo mhina yung center speaker ko, dnt know why but the front, rear and sub are ok nman.  Im also using this in playing cd music and guys very powerful ang sub nya (especially when Im playing bone-thugs and other bass music).  No need to add an A/V reciever or an amplifier coz just like sir Levi said--POWERED na sya! All you have to do is to pair it with a player with DD/DTS decoder pra mas ok ang setup. CHEERS!  O0

::) Life is like a box of chocolates..::)

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 21, 2004 at 07:06 AM »
tested my unit last night and I am very, very happy with it! bitin lang talaga ang speaker wires! guys, how do you extend these? kasi yung wires na kasama sa unit ko ay rca on one end and split wire on the other.... do I just connect the split wire to a longer wire? tapos electric tape na lang?

tried my dvd's and it sounded great! di ko masyadong malakasan yung base kasi baka magalit kapitbahay, gabi na eh :)...

pinoycoolwacky - ok naman center ko... try mo ibalance out yung sound... what player are you using? kasi I use a nextbase... ginagawa ko, bababaan ko yung volume ng nextbase, tapos balance off the speakers, tapos sa nextbase ko na lang nilalakasan... hope this helps!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 21, 2004 at 11:41 AM »
Guys! soweee it took me so long to post some reviews on my own unit..So far so good nman unit ko. And it really made me satisfied coz well fitted sya sa place ko. It really rocks everytime nanonood ako, minsan nga yung katabing unit nmin nagsasara na agad ng pinto kapag nagstart nako manood ;D. And to think that Im only using pirated dvd's/vcd's..what more if Im goin to watch those original dvd's with good sound technology. The only thing that I observed on this unit is that prang medyo mhina yung center speaker ko, dnt know why but the front, rear and sub are ok nman.  Im also using this in playing cd music and guys very powerful ang sub nya (especially when Im playing bone-thugs and other bass music).  No need to add an A/V reciever or an amplifier coz just like sir Levi said--POWERED na sya! All you have to do is to pair it with a player with DD/DTS decoder pra mas ok ang setup. CHEERS!  O0

Most pirated DVDs have sonics as good as origs, it's the video bitrates that are often compromised to make them fit in a DVD5 disc where the orig used a DVD9. 

Nice to hear you are happy with your system.  The first time I heard discrete sounds from the rear left and right and center, as well as a crashing jet from the sub,  I was likewise thrilled. 

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 21, 2004 at 05:36 PM »
Ok ang mga reviews nyo dito sa Promac 5.1 pati c sir levi bumili rin. Swak to sa room ko, cool pa ang design ah... im into audio kc bihira din kong manood ng DVD. maka ampon nga ng isa.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline pinoycoolwacky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 21, 2004 at 11:25 PM »
tested my unit last night and I am very, very happy with it! bitin lang talaga ang speaker wires! guys, how do you extend these? kasi yung wires na kasama sa unit ko ay rca on one end and split wire on the other.... do I just connect the split wire to a longer wire? tapos electric tape na lang?

tried my dvd's and it sounded great! di ko masyadong malakasan yung base kasi baka magalit kapitbahay, gabi na eh :)...

pinoycoolwacky - ok naman center ko... try mo ibalance out yung sound... what player are you using? kasi I use a nextbase... ginagawa ko, bababaan ko yung volume ng nextbase, tapos balance off the speakers, tapos sa nextbase ko na lang nilalakasan... hope this helps!

Dude thanks for ur suggestion. Yup tama ka medyo bitin yung mga speaker wires nya but ang ginawa ko I just bought an extra speaker wires for mounting then connect it to the existing wires. Lagyan mo nlng ng electrical tape. Ano nga pla model# ng NB mo?  O0

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 12:08 AM »
I only tried my unit once, sobrang busy sa work plus I installed it in my brothers room. The unit is very OK but I suggest you need to upgrade the wires. I already bought the wires and the RCA but for the same reason, I havent started doing it. Initial comment is that it can really rock small to medium sized rooms. You wont believe that it only cost 3t ( I dont know the exact price because the bill is not yet with me ) and you get a powerful 5.1 speakers plus it has 2 towers for the rear or front. The Sub has 5.1 input  where you can connect the analog out of your DVD and it has an output for the 5 speakers. It also has a separate volume for the Front, Rear, Center and Subs. My DVD is the Promac 4343 but I have not tried tinkering with it.

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 07:43 AM »
I was able to lengthen my wires na! I decided to buy rca extensions na lang muna... 25pesos for 1.5 meters, dalawa, so I split it into two and I have 3 meters... so I got 3 pieces, totaling 9 meters of extension... ok for a temporary solution... as I've said, di panaman ko nilalagay sa primary viewing area namin... was able to hang the surround speakers using s-hooks and hooking it to curatin rods (temporary rin :) )...

Planning to get higher grade speaker wires in the future and have rca plugs made na lang... :) sobrang sulit yung unit! watched my old movies, and parang nanonood ka ulit :) ... napapatalon nga wife ko sa gulat eh .... hehehe

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 12:59 PM »
hmmmm, this is an interesting topic..... ma audition nga, tamang tama my brod is on the market for a beginners ht set-up.

thnk you for this.

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 01:18 PM »
hmmmm, this is an interesting topic..... ma audition nga, tamang tama my brod is on the market for a beginners ht set-up.

thnk you for this.

kung starter, ok siya... madaling i-setup... plug and play kung baga... I would really recommend this to those who want to start an ht... like me!

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 01:26 PM »

kung starter, ok siya... madaling i-setup... plug and play kung baga... I would really recommend this to those who want to start an ht... like me!

i actually have my own set-up na, which is now slowly drifting away from ht towards pure audio ;)

its my bro who is just starting up, specially so when he saw and heard mine, but since his still under budgetary constraints (nagrereview pa e)  this would be the perfect one for him.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 04:54 PM »

still under budgetary constraints (nagrereview pa e)  this would be the perfect one for him.

Baka hindi na maka-review yan pag meron na!!! ;D

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #44 on: Apr 23, 2004 at 12:52 PM »

Baka hindi na maka-review yan pag meron na!!! ;D

Magre-review pa rin . . . . ng mga bagong issue ng DVD movies. He he he!  ;D ;D

Offline pinoycoolwacky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 29, 2004 at 05:50 AM »
 O0 buzzzzz!!!!!

Offline vinnov4

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2004 at 08:09 PM »
Na-audition ko na din itong promac 5.1 meron friend ko. Ok nga sounds nya kaya lang napansin ko pagnakatodo yung bass, di masyado maganda yung tunog na lumalabas sa sub.Parang malakas na humahagok yung bass. E pag sinet dun sa tama lang mahina naman yung bass. Ganun din ba yung sa ibang owners dyan?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2004 at 09:25 PM »
Medyo hirap subs pag sobrang lakas but for the price good enough. It can already rock a small room. You can use another sub if you want more bass.

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2004 at 10:50 AM »
Medyo hirap subs pag sobrang lakas but for the price good enough. It can already rock a small room. You can use another sub if you want more bass.

agree with levi's feedback... I watched Armagedon last night and LOTR: The Two Towers and they were great... ok naman yung bass for me...

my viewing area is around 10sq meters... when limited to that area, tamang tama siya... since I live in a town house which is stuck to other units, ok rin kasi when I play movies, I try to go to a different area, di malakas ang bass, parang normal tv viewing...  pero sa viewing area namin, bumabayo talaga...  and I like the sound quality... well, enough for my tastes...

by the way, does my wood floor have any effect? I have mine of the second floor and the floors are completely made of wood...

Offline pinoycoolwacky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2004 at 09:16 PM »
Same thing with me, since I live in a small size condo my Promac really rocks. I have no problem with the sub. Ok na ok especially when Im playing my Bone Thugs CD.

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2004 at 04:13 PM »
i watched Harry Potter 1&2 as well as Pearl Harbor over the weekend and I must say, ang ganda ng speakers! the sub was strong enough for me! ang lakas nga! and watching movies is now a very new and pleasing experience for me!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hot Mama

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2004 at 03:50 PM »
I got mine last May 10 sa Anson Makati... hindi ako bumoto para makabili nito...

And its a good set! Bass is great... medyo pangit lang pag sobrang lakas... I also noticed that the center speaker is a little "tinny" (tunog lata kung minsan)... I watch spiderman yesterday and its really good once youre in the sweet spot.

I would reco this for any first time HT buffs... or for those on tight budget... like ME!

:)

Offline sweetam

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2004 at 08:08 PM »
Hey Hot Mama,

How much does this cost in Anson Makati?

Offline Hot Mama

• Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2004 at 12:24 PM »
it cost me 4029 pesos plus tip para sa taga buhat from Anson landmark 3f to Glorietta 4 basement parking. Malaki ang pakaging (esp for the front speakers). It consist of 2 boxes. hindi kaya ng isang tao. its too bulky.

Offline Hot Mama

• Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2004 at 02:31 PM »
I also failed to mention that the little LED at the front of the subwoofer went bust... i think its caused by an electric surge when my water pump turned on.

But the unit still works fine... i mean great!

Offline van_wilder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2004 at 08:35 PM »
nice topic nga ito a. pinaka compatible ba ang nextbase o promac din na dvd player? kasi, i'm planning to set this up para sa bedroom e, ok din sya for audio?

with the reviews i've been reading, mukhang it really sounds great, but how would it compare to other set-ups that uses wharfedale diamond speakers and amp or other set-ups?
panasonic 42plasma
marantz avr wharfedale speakers 6.1
ps2; wii

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2004 at 01:18 AM »
I dont think its fair to compare the Promac with a separate system but for level of comparison maybe 5 out of 10, if the separate is 10. Dont forget to consider that the Promac is only 3T plus including the subwoofer.

Offline van_wilder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2004 at 09:58 PM »
well, by the way it looks, mukhang maganda.
question, if this can be directly connected to the player(dvd), then i really would not need an amp for this set of speakers?
thanks
panasonic 42plasma
marantz avr wharfedale speakers 6.1
ps2; wii

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2004 at 12:40 AM »
The speaker set has a built in power amp so you connect it directly to the analog out of the DVD player.

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2004 at 10:16 AM »
well, by the way it looks, mukhang maganda.
question, if this can be directly connected to the player(dvd), then i really would not need an amp for this set of speakers?
thanks

it can be connected directly... this is what I do with my ht... I set the dvd player volume to 50% so mga 10 yung setting... tapos I set the promac to my desired volume setting... kung ok na lahat, I use the remote of the dvd to control volume para I can set it to as loud or soft as I want... :)