Author Topic: Damper-Shackel (Xindak, Lava Rocks and etc.)  (Read 1721 times)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Damper-Shackel (Xindak, Lava Rocks and etc.)
« on: Mar 18, 2005 at 12:40 PM »

"It is learned that vibration is archenemy affecting acoustic quality. Usually there are two resolutions. One is absorption; the other is isolation. But the XINDAK engineers have developed a new device, named as Spherical Cone Baseplate For Vibration Tuning (SCBVT), to solve damage to acoustic quality because of vibration. Its principle is to convert vertical vibration into horizontal displacement. The structure of SCBVT is: putting a ball in a pit of compact inert material, the base of acoustics put on the ball in a form of point contact. The result is: first, it makes play of isolating vibration; secondly, hazardous vibration of acoustics equably spreads inside the whole inert base through the ball and is absorbed. Meanwhile assortment of the base and the ball material is able to tune hazardous vibration of the former system in frequency point hurtless to acoustic quality. It will greatly reduce adverse affection from vibration and improve acoustic quality. It is enough just to put three blocks with balls like a triangle under acoustics such as CD for use.

My Experience:

Material: Base made of graphite of high purity (99.99%) + Ball made of Hard steel

Upon installation (3 pcs) obviously  there is an improvement on details, Instruments like Piano, Violins becomes real. I also notice huge improvement on Bass, not more punch but more depth & low frequency extension.
Soundstage becomes more wider. Mids (Voice) more fruity & airy. Overall it's just like I'm using new high-end CD player. But for the price of no more than my sigle Date with my EX-Girlfriend (My wife).

For Tweakers focusing on Cables & IC, you must try this instant tweak. (IMO) :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 at 04:20 PM by odyopayl »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
Re: XINDAK Isolation Ball (damper-shackel)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2005 at 08:44 PM »
Hi. Where can I buy one?

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005 at 04:21 PM »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline positive_noise

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • The Science of ~~AUDIO~~
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2005 at 11:57 PM »
Hi. Where can I buy one?

Hi mYKi,

i believe the amplified audio store at libis is the distributor of XINDAK.. ;D

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
Here is an article about the isolation balls...   ;D

I can email a larger file if needed hehehe sorry

Offline Le_Stat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
LaVa Rocks - Vibration Dampener
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2007 at 08:46 AM »
Ok, so I tried pre amp tube rolling, power tube rolling, power cord rolling, and speaker rolling.  Others might have the upgrade itch, while others are fond of DIY.  Now where does this topic of mine fit into those I mentioned?  hmmm .... I never thought the Hygene Department would also intersect this audio craziness.   ;D

From my latest audio curiosity adventure, comes:

A closer look:

How to use this thing?  Well, instructions are at the back as follows:

If you are going to use this for audio, then here are the instructions :

Using the StoneBlocks...for the feet of your HiFi
You can use the StoneBlocks under your HiFi components instead of the ubiquitous stock rubber/plastic feet or even coupled with pin points and tip toes.
In the first case the StoneBlocks are ready to use, just wash them before and use 4 of these for each HiFi component.
In order to couple them with pointed pins you need to place a tiny coin on the top of each block, securing it with a tiny amount of blue-tac

Source: http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/sblocks1e.html

Another article that concerns Pumice Blocks:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/vibra_iso_pt8_e.html

http://www.audiotweaks.com/tweaks/tweak_194.htm

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:UWMG3knZRLEJ:www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-356.html+audio+pumice+blocks&hl=tl&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=ph

Same principle:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/press_e.html

I've just tested it out... and yes it does work.  Sound is now cleaner and vocals clearer and because of the other cdp "press" tweak, the upper portion of the cdp is no longer vibrating due to the sound caused by the speakers. 
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2007 at 12:25 PM by Le_Stat »
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Beauty Dept - Vibration Dampener
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2007 at 10:22 AM »
got the same idea from tnt-audio... although what I did was to get concrete blocks from a construction depot :) I blu-tac'd two blocks together then used a double sided tape to attach a panel of cork on the side that will touch the rack.

noticed improvements in the percussions, more audible drum rolls in Sarah Brightman's "Harem: Live in Las Vegas", and a more "in-your-face" impact on music from Metallica, The Smashing Pumpkins and Dream Theater, in almost all tracks from them the lower notes of the drums were a little weak before the stone blocks, even some drum rolls have the last notes rolling off drastically, with or without the sub. didn't notice any other improvements though, but for under P500 for all the materials and 1 hour off an afternoon it was well worth it.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2007 at 10:24 AM by ProtegeManiac »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007 at 02:12 PM »
tweak-tweak ;D ;D ;D

Offline Le_Stat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2007 at 03:37 PM »
@Protege - what equipment did you use it for?  Did you place it directly under the unit or under the unit's feet?

I've had good results in mine.  Everything became clear, bass was clean and involving but not that extended. It was as if I was in the front row seats. 

Tweak-tweak value of Php 220.00.   To hear is to believe.  :D

**ngayon ano na kaya gagamitin ko na panghilod?  :-\  hehehe
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2007 at 03:39 PM by Le_Stat »
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2007 at 05:23 PM »
@Protege - what equipment did you use it for?  Did you place it directly under the unit or under the unit's feet?

I've had good results in mine.  Everything became clear, bass was clean and involving but not that extended. It was as if I was in the front row seats. 

Tweak-tweak value of Php 220.00.   To hear is to believe.  :D

**ngayon ano na kaya gagamitin ko na panghilod?  :-\  hehehe

Ano kaya inisip ng misis mo nung nakita na madami kang dalang pang hilod? :-\

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2007 at 12:08 AM »

under the feet - ran out of cork, so I thought I might scratch the cd player or worse if I didn't, anyway at least it's not scratching the rack's surface.