Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 582976 times)

Offline d00dZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #1020 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 10:05 AM »
As for the Wharfedale made in China thing, I don't have much of a problem with that. Economists predict that China will be the next economic superpower anyway with the US messing up everything, so before long we might change our perception and be prouder of our made in China gear.  O0
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1021 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 10:28 AM »
Yup,  that's the reality of business these days.  I think even my Mordaunt Shorts are similarly placed.  Like I said,  very soon everything will be made in China.  Except babies.   ;D  The labels may still say Made in England or UK, but I guess making new labels to say made in  china would add to the price tag.  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2005 at 10:29 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1022 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 10:46 AM »
i just love chinese ;D wharfs, siomai, siopao, any pao, mami, wanton kung-fu and zhao wei ;D ;D ;D

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1023 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 11:59 AM »
i just love chinese ;D wharfs, siomai, siopao, any pao, mami, wanton kung-fu and zhao wei ;D ;D ;D

Shu Qi, White Flower liniment, Chinese love balls...  >:D
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #1024 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 12:43 PM »
For me it doesn't matter if it's made in China, we are now on the Stage of Globalization, Qualities are being Standardized because of ISO (International Standardization Organization).
even Chinese food napakasarap right? ;D
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline pabili

• Collector
  • Your Garbage ... My treasure!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1025 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 05:42 PM »

iba ba ang chinese copper sa british copper na ginamit sa wharf (para di OT  ;D) ? Sa chemistry, lam ko copper is Cu eh!  ;D

those UK companies, and other european companies for that matter are so protective of their own markets - and they really charged so high for similar products in asia.

But I think some UK companies still do hype their products as UK-made blah blah blah.

So when reading products that says MADE IN UK, any of the two might be true
(1) they are lying  ;D (kasi china made din siya) but raking so much profits  8)
(2) they are to close down few months from now  ::)

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #1026 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 12:54 PM »
Hello... I'm planning to get Diamond 9 CS... I'd like to know if the unit is equipped with Banana Plug Sockets?  The Diamond 9.2 aren't.

Offline itgbkj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 12:57 PM »
itgbkj,

I suggest you auditon WH-3 first.  Heard good feedback from this new babies.  ;)

Hello... I saw the Big big big WH-3 Surrounds.  But then, the salesman, when questioned which is better a WH-2 or Wh-3, simply said, "sir, WH-3 has only one driver... WH-2 has two." hmmm... besides medyo masyadong plastic tingnan ang WH-3... just a thought.  My mind is made up (for now) to get a WH-2 - unless someone else will insist that WH-3 is value for money in the long run.

I'd like to hear your feedback!

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1028 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 01:39 PM »
Hello... I'm planning to get Diamond 9 CS... I'd like to know if the unit is equipped with Banana Plug Sockets?  The Diamond 9.2 aren't.

Yes, you can use banana plugs with the 9.CS, at biwirable pa if that's also your thing.

Hello... I saw the Big big big WH-3 Surrounds. But then, the salesman, when questioned which is better a WH-2 or Wh-3, simply said, "sir, WH-3 has only one driver... WH-2 has two." hmmm... besides medyo masyadong plastic tingnan ang WH-3... just a thought. My mind is made up (for now) to get a WH-2 - unless someone else will insist that WH-3 is value for money in the long run.

I'd like to hear your feedback!

Haven't had experience yet with the WH-2, although yung plastic-y appearance is one of the reasons I sold my WH-3, aside from wanting really bad to have an all-Diamond 9 setup.  ;D With the WH-2, you only get the "W" decal, with the WH-3, you get the entire "Wharfedale" hehe... babaw.  :P
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline itgbkj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 04:10 PM »
Yes, you can use banana plugs with the 9.CS, at biwirable pa if that's also your thing.

Nope, not into bi-wiring... too expensive... :)  and hey, thanks for the info... at least, I can start looking for one more banana plug for my center speaker wire.

Haven't had experience yet with the WH-2, although yung plastic-y appearance is one of the reasons I sold my WH-3, aside from wanting really bad to have an all-Diamond 9 setup.  ;D With the WH-2, you only get the "W" decal, with the WH-3, you get the entire "Wharfedale" hehe... babaw.  :P

Hahahaha... for me, for now, who cares about appearance... Just wanted to have a complete set to surround me.  Affordability and performance is what I am after... just like everyone else. :)

Offline bonzai

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1030 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 02:19 AM »

d00dZ,

i bought  9.4 pero type ko yung 9cm for my center...

masasapawan ba yung 9.4 ng 9cm?

ano bang magandang surround spkr? how bout D9 DFS?

im using yamaha 440

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1031 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 05:00 AM »

d00dZ,

im using yamaha 440

Bro don't worry di masasapawan yan kasi meron naman adjustment sa level ng fronts and center mo.. and for me better na maganda Center speaker mo kasi most of the dialogue and effect starts sa center channel. ;D

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1032 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 09:06 AM »

d00dZ,

im using yamaha 440

Bro don't worry di masasapawan yan kasi meron naman adjustment sa level ng fronts and center mo.. and for me better na maganda Center speaker mo kasi most of the dialogue and effect starts sa center channel. ;D

bonzai, sir hans adriane is right, so long as you set the levels properly, wala namang sapawarang mangyayari. All I'm saying is that it is Wharfedale themselves who recommend the 9.CS to match the 9.4, so may-I-sunod lang ako. If you've got the extra P1,800, then by all means go for the 9.CM.  ;)

I've been asking around for the D9.DFS, pero it seems that hindi daw kumuha yung Philippine dealer nito. I'm using two pairs of D9.SR in my 7.1 setup, and it sounds fine to me. ;D
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline zakkaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1033 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 10:49 AM »
bonzai, sir hans adriane is right, so long as you set the levels properly, wala namang sapawarang mangyayari. All I'm saying is that it is Wharfedale themselves who recommend the 9.CS to match the 9.4, so may-I-sunod lang ako. If you've got the extra P1,800, then by all means go for the 9.CM.  ;)

I've been asking around for the D9.DFS, pero it seems that hindi daw kumuha yung Philippine dealer nito. I'm using two pairs of D9.SR in my 7.1 setup, and it sounds fine to me. ;D
nakita ko na yung 9sr sa spectra d other day

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1034 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 08:26 AM »
Can anyone point me to a website showing the weights of the Diamond 9 speakers, particularly the 9.SR? I have a ceiling mounting problem kasi, as you may read in this thread of mine:

http://pinoydvd.com/content/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&expv=0&?topic=36296.0

Wala kasi weighing scale sa bahay e  :P Thanks!  ;D
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1035 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 08:39 AM »
Can anyone point me to a website showing the weights of the Diamond 9 speakers, particularly the 9.SR? I have a ceiling mounting problem kasi, as you may read in this thread of mine:

http://pinoydvd.com/content/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&expv=0&?topic=36296.0

Wala kasi weighing scale sa bahay e  :P Thanks!  ;D

the manual doesn't say anything about wt. the 9.1 is about 5 kgs. the sr, i believe should be less.

Offline bonzai

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1036 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 12:38 AM »

salamat mga bro...

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
« Reply #1037 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 08:43 AM »
mga bro na may SW150, pano mo ma nnotice if your subwoofer went thru the "break-in" period?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1038 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 09:04 AM »
wharfedale suggests 50 hours of continuous use at moderate volume to run in their speakers. this may also be true for their subs. many people believe that break-in improves the sound but there are also who don't. i would like to think that the differences in views may been due to the differences in the materials their speakers use. kevlar seem to really benefit from break-in.

having said that, speakers being mechanical, will benefit from break-in. whether we hear it or not.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2005 at 09:07 AM by bumblebee »

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1039 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 09:24 AM »
hmmm...ok...para kasing lumambot ung base ko last night. i had to make some adjustments.parang di maganda ung break in...may break in din ba ang mga av receivers?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1040 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 09:35 AM »
panong lumambot? kulang sa slam? i'm not sure about break-in in electronics. if there's much debate about speaker break-in, what more pa sa electronics ;D but i do know that electronics will perform better after warm up.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2005 at 09:36 AM by bumblebee »

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1041 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 12:39 PM »
panong lumambot? kulang sa slam? i'm not sure about break-in in electronics. if there's much debate about speaker break-in, what more pa sa electronics ;D but i do know that electronics will perform better after warm up.

parang unan..hehehe..diko ma descirbe eh. parang ang layo nung tunog, parang malalim. parang ung base ng drum set...di naman sya ganun dati..dati pag nanuod ako ng dvd tapos papakita ung 20th century fox  sa una, para brom bom instead of broom boom.,gets? hehehehe!

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1042 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 01:41 PM »
be patient bro dheng.... you will not notice any improvement unless it's not yet broken in.... parang wine din yan habang tumatagal lalong sumasarap hehehe

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1043 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
be patient bro dheng.... you will not notice any improvement unless it's not yet broken in.... parang wine din yan habang tumatagal lalong sumasarap hehehe

kala ko wait until its broken. hehehehe!!! nag taka lang ako kasi nag iba ang sounds kagabi..napuyat tuloy ako..buset! test ko ulit later. thanks for your feeback!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1044 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 10:03 PM »
kala ko wait until its broken. hehehehe!!! nag taka lang ako kasi nag iba ang sounds kagabi..napuyat tuloy ako..buset! test ko ulit later. thanks for your feeback!

Baka meron ka nagalaw sa crossover ng avr mo??  ;D

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1045 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 06:33 AM »

Baka meron ka nagalaw sa crossover ng avr mo??  ;D

sinet to default ko na ung avr ko, medyo nag improve, pero pansin ko medyo malambot pa rin saka parang may echo ung base nya. :-\

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1046 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 07:20 AM »
sinet to default ko na ung avr ko, medyo nag improve, pero pansin ko medyo malambot pa rin saka parang may echo ung base nya. :-\

san ba sya nakalagay? sa corner?

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1047 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 08:53 AM »
naka patong ung front speaker ko sa sub. its been that way for a month. nasa right side ung sub if u'r facing the avr...hmm...
pag mas mataas ung crossover frequency mas matigas ung tunog nya...pag mas mas mababa (35hz) parang nag e-echo na..ganun ba un dapat? ???

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1048 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 08:58 AM »
35 Hz yung crossover mo? san yan sa receiver o sa sub? try setting 80 Hz sa receiver and as high as you can go sa sub.

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1049 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 09:50 AM »
35 Hz yung crossover mo? san yan sa receiver o sa sub? try setting 80 Hz sa receiver and as high as you can go sa sub.

sa sub....ang frequency settings lang na nababago ko sa avr is ung LPF/HPF. Try ko i-set to 80hz...Thanks