Author Topic: Gearhead's midfi-ht setup  (Read 27777 times)

Offline gearhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Polishing a diamond - crossover
« Reply #90 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 10:50 AM »
well, if there's one area that a tweak will make a lot of difference, it's with
the crossover network:

i think the coils are not air-cored, but to change that we'll need to know
it's exact inductance value. the limiting/compensating resistor looks good to
me, so that leaves us with only the electrolytic capacitors to play with. i
have to say i've not much complaint about what i'm hearing now, but since
the general concensus is that polypropylene is much much preferred over
electrolytics for x'over work, i will try and change them with mundorfs.

here's the 4.7uf that i'm sure is used for the tweeter:

and the 6.8uf used for the midrange i'd guess. both caps are 50V types. the
other component is the 1.5 ohms (or is it 1.5K?) 7W ceramic resistor.

i don't have the capacitors with me yet, so watch this space for the updates.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007 at 10:53 AM by gearhead »
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
Re: a gearhead's midfi-ht setup
« Reply #91 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 10:59 AM »
Heto theater ko. Kinakabit ko na ngayon ang new screen.  :)

ah, yun pala. ang sarap yata makipanood diyan. very very comfy. seems the best seat
comfort-wise eh sa sides  ;D. or, lahat ng seats eh recliner?   :P

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
ah, yun pala. ang sarap yata makipanood diyan. very very comfy. seems the best seat
comfort-wise eh sa sides  ;D. or, lahat ng seats eh recliner?   :P

Yung itim lang na seats ang recliner pero they are quite close sa screen kaya ayoko umupo dun, unless gusto ko matulog.  :) Sofa set lang talaga ang green pero very comfortable din.

Any time na gusto mo manood, sabihin mo lang.  :)
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
Regarding the sabre screen, when you pull it down, how do you keep it locked? I have been trying all sorts of things but it keeps rolling back up.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 03:28 PM »
sir, right now the anchor for my screen is just a temporary rigging. i'm still
looking for some other more elegant way to hold the screen down.

below i have attached it to a pair of 12lb dumbbells, but i think even a 10lb
pair or maybe even 8lb will suffice.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 03:39 PM »
 :) Parang ganun din ginawa ko!

Thanks!  ;D

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
Re: gearhead's midfi-ht setup
« Reply #96 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 10:12 AM »
my setup currently is in a state of liquid flux - it can change any minute.

i'm still looking at the right mix of aesthetics and acoustic placement.

it should be pleasing not only to the ears but on the eyes, too.

hmmm.... gotta go and do some more rearranging.   ;)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 09:42 PM »
For me, mas maganda with the speaker covers on. And you need to find some kind of equipment stand. Di maganda na nakapatong lang sa sahig. Plus you need to clean up the wires.

Center speaker stand looks cool.

But you've probably thought of all these things na.  :)  :) Have fun!

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 11:58 PM »
yessir. experimentation had been a fun part of this hobby for me. so here now
is my reconfigured system. well, not really reconfigured as they are still setup
the same. rearranged may be more the apt term. the pj screen is currently in
the rolled up position.

the long wire running in the middle is for my laptop ac adaptor. the white item
on top of the amp is a light dimmer i use as a fan speed controller. kudos and
thanks to matt for bringing in these nice and affordable racks.

btw, the gray unit on the 2nd layer isn't a new audio contraption but a pixma
ip3000 printer. no, it doesn't add any sonic benefit. i just placed it there for
the meantime to fill in the vacant layer and to hide the wires behind.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 at 12:06 AM by gearhead »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 09:27 AM »
You mean you are rolling up your screen? When you bring down the screen, do you still use that crude anchor? Kasi we have the same screen and I keep it down cuz it's such a bother to pull it down and anchor it.

16:10 nga ba ang dimension ng screen? Di ko kasi na-check yun. I think that's why the 16:9 picture ay lumalampas sa sides.

By the way, parang kawawa na ang dati mong equipment rack at saka yung black and gold box na nakapatong sa kanya.  :)

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 12:37 PM »
actually, this is the first time that i rolled it up again. yes, it's quite a bit of a bother to re-anchor and re-tension the whole thing. if it isn't properly tensioned there are objectionable creases/waves that appears. i learned to live with it for the price paid and the additional brightness i get with this screen. just that i can't really keep it down for long as then it gathers dust if not being used. mahirap pa naman siya linisin as glass-beaded nga. i'm still thinking of way/s to lessen the crudeness of the anchors.  ;D

as of now, i'm more into enjoying my CD's with the new setup. i feel many things has improved especially soundstaging/imaging. i'm raring to do the x'over tweak with my 9.5's to see if it improve things even more. still waiting for a TT also from a fellow pdvd member as i already have the softwares for it (again, from a pdvd'er too).  ;)

By the way, parang kawawa na ang dati mong equipment rack at saka yung black and gold box na nakapatong sa kanya.  :) 

haha. the rack/table is now in the bedroom. it matches my philips 29" tv so it goes where the tv goes. yung black and gold eh for display na lang kasi naawitan na rin ang laman... but i'm sure there will be some more of it coming this holiday season.  :D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 02:00 PM »
actually, this is the first time that i rolled it up again. yes, it's quite a bit of a bother to re-anchor and re-tension the whole thing. if it isn't properly tensioned there are objectionable creases/waves that appears. i learned to live with it for the price paid and the additional brightness i get with this screen. just that i can't really keep it down for long as then it gathers dust if not being used. mahirap pa naman siya linisin as glass-beaded nga. i'm still thinking of way/s to lessen the crudeness of the anchors.  ;D

Maglagay kaya tayo ng kurtina over the screen? Gawin kong next project yun.

Tapos lagay tayo ng remote to control the curtains.  :)  :) Hehe. Baka mas mahal pa ang kurtina kaysa sa screen.

as of now, i'm more into enjoying my CD's with the new setup. i feel many things has improved especially soundstaging/imaging. i'm raring to do the x'over tweak with my 9.5's to see if it improve things even more. still waiting for a TT also from a fellow pdvd member as i already have the softwares for it (again, from a pdvd'er too).  ;)

I also enjoy CD's a lot but I have long enjoyed DVD concerts more than CD's. It's like watching a live performance. Ganda ng illusion. Especially with DVD's whose audio and video tracks are properly mastered.

Syempre iba ang TT pero ang hirap maghanap ng bala. Baka mabuti pa SACD or DVD-A. Mas madali i-source. But then of course marami may gusto talaga ng analog.

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 02:01 PM »

Very nice and very clean setup bro. This is an eye-opener for me. Might revise my system that way. Where and how much did you buy your rack. Congrats ha.  ;)

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 02:17 PM »
Maglagay kaya tayo ng kurtina over the screen? Gawin kong next project yun.

Tapos lagay tayo ng remote to control the curtains.  :)  :) Hehe. Baka mas mahal pa ang kurtina kaysa sa screen.

for sure that would be very nice for your setup, sir. yung akin, sadly, no room na talaga even for curtains.  :(

I also enjoy CD's a lot but I have long enjoyed DVD concerts more than CD's. It's like watching a live performance. Ganda ng illusion. Especially with DVD's whose audio and video tracks are properly mastered.

Syempre iba ang TT pero ang hirap maghanap ng bala. Baka mabuti pa SACD or DVD-A. Mas madali i-source. But then of course marami may gusto talaga ng analog.

mukhang we have the same interests talaga, sir. ako rin, i have some stack of concert dvd's from our friendly neighborhood sources.  ;) hehe. one time i was in quiapo looking for good movies, but saw nothing interesting. instead i saw loads of concert dvd's kaya namakyaw talaga ako. basta the artist sounds familiar to me, hala bili. besides, my brother is a collector of sorts (limited lang naman kasi) of original concert dvd's, too. actually, kaya nga i'm continually trying to improve my system is to recreate as much that live feel ng concerts sa mga dvd's ko.

about the TT naman, it's more of a "blast from the past" thing... with the family having some standard LP's from way way back. we used to play them on a phonograph, so would like to hear them in full fidelity this time.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 02:27 PM »
Very nice and very clean setup bro. This is an eye-opener for me. Might revise my system that way. Where and how much did you buy your rack. Congrats ha.  ;) 

brother dan, thanks for the compliment. i have to really clean out the area to make it more pleasing both in the visual and aural perspective.  :D

here's the rack i used:

Sabre TP535 Totem
Audio Rack
Dimensions: 49*45*71cm
Tube front: 50mm,  Back: 75 mm
Wt.: 19kg.
Lower shelf capacity: 30kg
Upper shelf capacity: 15kg

they are supplied by matzter through retailers, most of which are pdvd members too. i have an extra unit i might dispose do pm me before you buy one if you're really decided on it. supposed to be two rack setup sana, pero mukhang wala naman ako masyado ilalagay na kasi i'm trying to keep my system lean and mean.  :)

here's the link to matzter's racks: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=40777.0

« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 at 11:32 PM by gearhead »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 02:50 PM »
for sure that would be very nice for your setup, sir. yung akin, sadly, no room na talaga even for curtains.  :(

I think you have space. Gawin mo parang roman shades. Galing sa ceiling.

mukhang we have the same interests talaga, sir. ako rin, i have some stack of concert dvd's from our friendly neighborhood sources.  ;) hehe. one time i was in quiapo looking for good movies, but saw nothing interesting. instead i saw loads of concert dvd's kaya namakyaw talaga ako. basta the artist sounds familiar to me, hala bili. besides, my brother is a collector of sorts (limited lang naman kasi) of original concert dvd's, too. actually, kaya nga i'm continually trying to improve my system is to recreate as much that live feel ng concerts sa mga dvd's ko.

Hehe.  :) Ang problema sa friendly neighborhood sources is that hirap makahanap ng good quality audio and video, lalo na sa concert DVD. Paminsan lang may chamba na ok sya. Ang kagandahan ng good concert DVD is that you can watch it 10 times and di ka sasawa. Parang CD sya. Unlike film that you wait a long time before you want to watch it again.

Ingat din ako when I buy an original concert DVD. Check ko muna ang reviews kasi gusto ko maganda talaga both audio and video. Unless ... documentary sya ng Beatles, or Bob Dylan, or Jimi Hendrix concert!  :)

Cheers!

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 03:05 PM »
brother dan, thanks for the compliment. i have to really clean out the area to make it more pleasing both in the visual and aural perspective.  :D

here's the rack i used:

Sabre TP535 Totem
Audio Rack
Dimensions: 49*45*71cm
Tube front: 50mm,  Back: 75 mm
Wt.: 19kg.
Lower shelf capacity: 30kg
Upper shelf capacity: 15kg

they are supplied by matzter through distributors. i have an extra unit i might dispose do pm me before you buy one if you're really decided on it. supposed to be two rack setup sana, pero mukhang wala naman ako masyado ilalagay na kasi i'm trying to keep my system lean and mean.  :)

here's the link to matzter's racks: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=40777.0

Uy. That's great! I'll make my final assessments the get right back at you. Meanwhile, pm mo na din how much you wana sell it or email it at [email protected];)

Offline sechiong

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Gearhead's midfi-ht setup
« Reply #107 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 08:34 PM »
bro gearhead, napansin ko sa photo nasa ibaba lang pala ng pj screen mo ang dv600 so kung gamit mo ang hdmi thru your pj how long naman yung hdmi cable mo?

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 11:39 PM »
yup. the hdmi cable goes around the wall to the pj on the other side. i'm using a 10m /32.8ft generic cable, and so far i can't complain about its performance. i think even a 7m cable will suffice for my needs though. there are still plenty of cable slack at both ends.

Offline sechiong

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 07:07 AM »
bro gearhead, may i know where did you bought a 10m hdmi cable?

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
hi sir, was browsing thru you r setup kasi.  ask ko lang sana if you're using wharfe 9.6 with 9cs?  if so, how is it? ok ba performance nya?  di naman nasapawan center.  im using 9.3 and 9cs kasi, would like to upgrade sana to floorstanders, and i have my heart set on 9.6, but yoko na sana upgrade yung center.  I would really appreciate your feedbacks.  thanks! have a nice day!

i can wholeheartedly recommend the 9.6. it's good in music and ht by a 55/45 ratio respectively (at least based on my personal taste). mas lamang sa music application kasi it can sound really sweet after break-in and driven by powerful amps. but because of that, it lacks just a teeny bit of slam naman sa HT. if you're not too nitpicky, those are minor niggles. you shoud hear the 9.6 watching dvd concerts. para kang naka-stereo sub... with the caveat that your amp should be able to handle it. when using it, i usually set my bass management to fronts=large and sub=lfe only.

pwede rin kasi mid-level avr's, but at moderate to moderately high listening levels. kung mahina lang kasi amp ng avr, once you crank it up it will do sound loud... but minsan masakit na sa tenga. unlike with an avr with a bit more power, lalong sumasarap habang lumalakas.  ;D

sa overall loudness kasi, i feel mas malakas ang 9.6 and easier to drive than the 9.5. by this i mean for a certain watt input, mas malakas ang 9.6.  but i will always repeat this: both will benefit from a more powerful receiver.

on the contrary, yung 9.6 minsan ang nasasapawan ng 9.cs. mas bright kasi ng konti ang cs kasi lower ang x'over point ng tweeter. sa 6khz na kasi nag-start mag-take over ang tweets for the 9.6. also, level for level... mas malakas konti ang highs sa cs. though mas loud ang 9.6. so it's a bit tricky to level-match the 9.6 and 9.cs combo. you really have to get the feel of both speakers. kung baga, mas narrower ang leeway wherein they will integrate nicely.

bottomline, you can integrate the 9.6 and 9.cs although a bit more work than the 9.5/9.cs partnership. for optimum results syempre the best and 9.6/9.cm combo. but if you really want to get the 9.6 without upgrading to the 9.cm.... i say go for it. they will do work fine as a pair, though if i will rank or rate them as pairs i will probably have them like so:

#1. 9.6/9.cm = 9.5 (eto panalo)
#2. 9.5/9.cs = 9.30 (accdng to taste na lang yan, pero good match din kasi ito. the first pair above wins by virtue of the dome mids and bass performance as well)  ;D
#3. 9.5/9.cm = 9.25 (same 6.5" woofs, with the 9.cm having the dome mids for vocal clarity. i relegated it to this spot mainly because the 9.5/9.cs is really the matched pair).
#4. 9.6/9.cs = 9.20 (will work out really fine too, 9.6 is really excellent for stereo listening)
#5. 9.3/9.cs = N/E (no experience, but i think it's a good match also).

as you can see... very tight rankings, as there's nothing too objectionable naman if you mix and match them. certain factors na lang will dictate how you will pair them, e.g. i will get the 9.6 for its musicality, but i find the 9.cm too big so will just settle with 9.cs. etc etc.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 02:53 PM »
bro gearhead, may i know where did you bought a 10m hdmi cable?

oops, forgot about ur question na. i have mine bought for me by a supplier friend. problem lang is that it takes almost three weeks for the item to arrive.

Offline sechiong

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 07:59 PM »
bro gearhead thanks! ;)

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
Guests for Gearhead's midfi-ht setup
« Reply #113 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
i had some guests last night.  ;)  :D just relaxing here:

haha. time to fall in love again with andrea, the corr siblings, their talent,
and especially their music.

i have watched their "corrs live" multiple times on my 29" crt but nothing
prepared me for the impact of their performance on my 90" screen.  :-*
to paraphrase dyerds from the wharfe thread, "parang gusto ko umiyak sa
ganda ng napapanood ko".  ;D

haaayy... sarap maging KAPAMILYA ng mga ito. tapos mag-KAPUSO naman
kami ni andrea.  :D

watched BORAT also after the concert. LOL on many parts but a miss on
some others. not something i will spend P475 though.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:21 PM by gearhead »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 09:46 AM »
Hehe. Parang in-love ka yata sa Corrs, in more ways than one.  ;D

Iba talaga ang live concert. Iba to actually see the artists performing. It's how they look, what they wear, how they feel the music, the antics they make on stage ... Like how can you fully appreciate Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and the Who if you don't watch their live concert?

And then many times, when the artists are really inspired, the musical performances at a live concert are much better than their studio recordings. Makita mo yun kay Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Peter Frampton ... kasi they start jamming and they get adrenalin from the reaction of the crowd.

And other than a live concert, what is a better way to enjoy a concert other than watching it on a big screen with surround sound?  ;D

Problem lang with concert DVD's is that both the video and audio quality vary a lot. Ang mahirap sa concert is that the lighting is often optimized for stage, not for film. Sa audio naman, the quality will depend particularly on who will do the mixing. Sa film kasi, iilan lang na studio ang gumagawa ng mix. Sa concert, libo-libo and the quality varies.

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #115 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 10:02 AM »

WOW!!!! Excellent screenshot!!!
Ganda talaga ni andrea....lalong gumanda sa hi-def PJ mo! ;D
Hehehe i remember when i got thier cd....i played "At you side"
over and over again....good times!
 ;D
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:18 PM »
Iba talaga ang live concert. Iba to actually see the artists performing. It's how they look, what they wear, how they feel the music, the antics they make on stage ... Like how can you fully appreciate Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and the Who if you don't watch their live concert?

And then many times, when the artists are really inspired, the musical performances at a live concert are much better than their studio recordings. Makita mo yun kay Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Peter Frampton ... kasi they start jamming and they get adrenalin from the reaction of the crowd.

And other than a live concert, what is a better way to enjoy a concert other than watching it on a big screen with surround sound?  ;D

yessir... couldn't agree with you more. especially when the performers are really good, i really like to be one with the audience and give him/her/them a standing ovation myself. sometimes i couldn't help but be teary-eyed (di exag yan. good talents, such as the aforementioned Corr siblings, has that effect on me) especially for ensemble performances where you can feel, see and hear the harmony and oneness of the band in making good music. i can also cite Sade (the band, and the singer na rin most especially) and their Sade Live dvd. continued na lang below.

Problem lang with concert DVD's is that both the video and audio quality vary a lot. Ang mahirap sa concert is that the lighting is often optimized for stage, not for film. Sa audio naman, the quality will depend particularly on who will do the mixing. Sa film kasi, iilan lang na studio ang gumagawa ng mix. Sa concert, libo-libo and the quality varies.

to continue... the sade live dvd was shot on film instead of video, so it may not be the best picture-quality wise. knowing it came from film material though makes you appreciate the effort in the actual shooting and subsequent video transfer. also, the sound mix was great so more than makes up for the picture shortcomings, aside from the excellent show itself. most of my concerts having been bought in Q*, quality varies a lot. i have the Tears for Fears CA concert, crossroads by Eric Clapton and also live in Hyde Park... all of which suffers from mega-compression of the video portion. it hasn't really distracted much from their excellent performances. it helped that it seems they left the audio portion untouched.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:19 PM by gearhead »

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:22 PM »
WOW!!!! Excellent screenshot!!!
Ganda talaga ni andrea....lalong gumanda sa hi-def PJ mo! ;D
Hehehe i remember when i got thier cd....i played "At you side"
over and over again....good times!
 ;D 

hello, doc. kumusta na ang pj natin. though i like the glass beaded screen, i think your diy screen bests it in screen flatness naman. i can't seem to eliminate the creases so that the picture start to get wavy for action sequences or camera pans. i ignore it na lang for the added brightness naman. happy viewing to us PJ lovers.  ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:42 PM »
sir, right now the anchor for my screen is just a temporary rigging. i'm still
looking for some other more elegant way to hold the screen down.

below i have attached it to a pair of 12lb dumbbells, but i think even a 10lb
pair or maybe even 8lb will suffice.

Anchor your screen to the wall using screws (as it was designed to be) and you wont experience those creases. Thats exactly the purpose of manual screen's tension pull, to remove the creases.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 01:34 PM »
Eto partial list ng naaalala ko na magandang concert DVD for both picture and audio, all on SD:

Harry Connick with Branford Marsalis
Calle 54
Chick Corea live in Japan
Carly Simon on the Queen Mary
Cream Anniversary at Royal Albert Hall
Diana Krall at the Montreal Jazz Festival
Musicares Tribute for James Taylor
Norah Jones (her 2 DVD’s)
Barbara Streisand Timeless Concert
Barbara Streisand - her LA show
Fosse

I think the following are also quite good, but I'm not that sure:
Crosby Stills & Nash latest DVD
Simon & Garfunkel reunion
Peter Paul & Mary anniversary concert
BB King Live on BET
Tribute to Ray Charles