Author Topic: King Kong (2005) R3  (Read 24985 times)

Offline wrathboo21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • howdy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: KING KONG
« Reply #120 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 01:57 AM »
lucky me... while wiping the smudges off of my kong dvd.. i noticed that some of the paint on the slipcase was peeled off..  :'(  hay... i didn't expect the quality to be this bad..  >:(
here come the little things...

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 03:52 AM »
Hi Bejiboys, a friend was kind enough to get it for me at O-Music Rockwell.  I hoped for the Ultimate Edition 2-disc version, since I read the 1st disc is actually the Superbit version, but unfortunately it was above the P475 price range.  But luckily he found a single disc Superbit version there at P475, which fit the bill, and asked them to set it aside.   Lackluster packaging aside, with this free dvd, I'm a happy camper  ;D
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 06:59 AM »
how do you write the bit rate?

i can see an average of 4.99 - 6.5 mbps.. is that good? cause i can see a flat 8 - 9 mbps when playing criterion discs.

bro the average bit rate is 5.57 mbps.  Not bad but not good also.  Avarage for superbit it bet 7.5-10

Hi Bejiboys, a friend was kind enough to get it for me at O-Music Rockwell. I hoped for the Ultimate Edition 2-disc version, since I read the 1st disc is actually the Superbit version, but unfortunately it was above the P475 price range. But luckily he found a single disc Superbit version there at P475, which fit the bill, and asked them to set it aside. Lackluster packaging aside, with this free dvd, I'm a happy camper ;D
Lucky you.  Buti nalang Hollowman is 2 disc superbit kasama so I reserved it quickly. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:01 AM by baby »

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:18 AM »

packaging sucks....bili na lang tyo amaray case...to compensate...hay :(

Offline marckd1

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 09:59 AM »
ang layo talaga sa mga previous warner release ng packaging nito. Kaya pala may promo kasi pag normal release lang ay talagang hindi ko bibilhin to.  :P

Offline maverickph

• Collector
  • DVD Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 10:11 AM »
Di ko pa nakukuha sa akin and from what I read at the thread pwede pa kaya balik reservation ko? ???
 >:( >:( >:( >:(  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Happy to meet You.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 10:50 AM »
only post-production diaries 55-90 are included in this release. since you have not purchased the production diaries dvd separately, you're missing production diaries 1 - 54 technically.

;) 8)

True, at least it has 40% of the post produciton diaries.  ;D  With the so-so reviews, I don't think I'll be missing that much. 

I have yet to get my copy as I failed to reserve.  At any rate, seems the distributor has lots of copies on stock to put a free DVD/VCDs as a come-on to reserve.  I'll probably get mine this weekend, though I won't really be surprised if this title gets on sale for 399 or less this summer or later. 

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
60% is a big bulk. if you're not "that" interested in the film, i suggest you skip the prod diaries.

;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 10:59 AM »
Di ko pa nakukuha sa akin and from what I read at the thread pwede pa kaya balik reservation ko? ???

bad trip.. di raw puede. we have to check what consumer act has to say about it.

;) 

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 06:35 PM »
this is a funny release! really funny!

;D ;D

Offline sagingsaba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 06:44 PM »
it's a good thing I did not buy. My hunches were right. There must be something awfully wrong with the King Kong DVD for them to offer freebies. From the postings, it seems that you bought the "supposedly free" DVD and got the King Kong as a freebie.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #131 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:13 PM »

If you can't have it refunded...why not ask Astro to use the 200 as downpayment for future releases.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:23 PM »
it's the price we collectively have to pay for the reason that local buyers are not willing to pay the right price for a good product... 

ultra-thin slipcase! lousy presentation and deskjet-like artwork.

sad reality.

pretty soon, studios would either release future titles in the same fashion or not sell any DVD at all.

:( ;) 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:36 PM by hemisphere »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:45 PM »
it's a good thing I did not buy. My hunches were right. There must be something awfully wrong with the King Kong DVD for them to offer freebies. From the postings, it seems that you bought the "supposedly free" DVD and got the King Kong as a freebie.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:17 PM »
As a DVD collector, it's very frustrating to see the poor packaging for this title. Quality inside and out matters when one is shelling out 895 bucks. Sadly, the distributors don't seem to care.

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:53 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The minute my son saw the DVD "Daddy, is this pirated like Tito Romy's?".

Will try to ease my frustration by watching the freebie first - The Da Vinci Code Deception[/b]  ;D

Still, cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:56 PM »

Ask the people at Astro, maverick. They shouldn't force you to buy the dvd. You have the free will.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:59 PM by keating »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #137 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 09:00 PM »
What I find really funny is - have you guys seen the "boxed set" VCD? The one that comes with that free hair foam or something?

The box of that VCD set is MUCH more attractive and of much higher quality than the slipcase of the DVD!  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #138 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 09:28 PM »
What I find really funny is - have you guys seen the "boxed set" VCD? The one that comes with that free hair foam or something?

The box of that VCD set is MUCH more attractive and of much higher quality than the slipcase of the DVD!  ;D

from what i read here yesterday, i was really curious to see how bad this was.  even my nephew told me through the phone that it was THAT bad.  checked it out over robs ermita at oddyssey.  i have to agree, i thought the vcd versions were the dvd versions cause the packaging was sort of better.  not until i saw the actual two disc version, man, there is bad and there is BAD.  and this was it.  not only was it pathetic looking, it even felt light as if there was nothing inside the casing.  even if the extended edition pushes through, im staying away from the magna r3 release because you know what you'll be getting.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006 at 09:30 PM by d45nu65+3R »

Offline 2ngaw

• Collector
  • Baguhang Kolektor
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 12:25 AM »
finished watching the film and the post production diaries. sad talaga ang quality ng release na to. thin slipcase, bad disc print, amaray is bad so i replaced it with one of my 2 disc amarays to at least make it look original. even though im not much of a fan nung movie, it's still a major release. bat ganito?!  ???
I find your lack of clothes disturbing...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 03:17 AM »
As a DVD collector, it's very frustrating to see the poor packaging for this title. Quality inside and out matters when one is shelling out 895 bucks. Sadly, the distributors don't seem to care.

hey.. count your blessings.. you got a good free dvd to quench your satisfaction thirst.

just kidding. it really looks funny. actually.

8)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 03:31 AM »
Ano kaya magandang gawin para ma-solve ang problem? Hmmm...are the distributors actually listening to the consumers' voice(s)? Mahirap talaga kapag tahimik lang ang mga distributors and not airing their side... ??? ??? ???

believe me.. that's last on their list. i have proven it so many times.  though many of the collectors hate C-Interactive or their releases for that matter, the mentioned studio is faster to respond and has better after sales management.

anyhow, let us learn not to burden ourselves. we choose our own reality. buy R1 or R2 or even R3 HK-Korean.

8)
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006 at 07:22 AM by hemisphere »

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 05:22 AM »
It may just be me but I think the single-disc ed has a slightly better packaging than the LE. At least, you won't be fooled by the thin slipcase. Mas maganda pa nga konti packaging ng freebie (Shrek 2). Doon na lang medyo bumawi pati na sa good quality ng King Kong main feature. I might as well keep it muna and just buy the R1 pag lumabas na iyong extended ed. :)

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 06:40 AM »
Mas maganda pa slipcase ng P**, naka-embossed pa ang title. SPECIAC EDITION nga lang nakalagay  ;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #144 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 07:11 AM »
Magna should really look into importing their cases. While the Amaray brand is generally expensive (even at 10,000 pieces), there are alternatives like Scanova and Alpha that they can source. They're cheaper but are generally high-grade and used by many distributors abroad.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 07:26 AM »
that's right firewired.

just opened my copy this AM and the case really is far from ideal. i have replaced it with amaray case for better presentation. the discs are identical to the HK LE release.

overall, it could have cost them like P150 (or less) guesstimate to manufacture one unit. 

;)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 07:45 AM »

Speaking of the VCD box set, the first time i saw this, i honestly thought that there was a figurine or something inside a la Copse Bride, i said to myself, "hey, this is quite an improvement". Then the sales lady, gave me the pleasure of showing the real DVD. Like, ah, ok. Hehehe.  :P

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 154
« Reply #147 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 07:58 AM »
As long as the AQ, PQ and special features are all intact, there is no problem for me with this release. Sure, it would have been nice to have better packaging. But, I won't lose sleep over it.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 10:40 AM »
Speaking of the VCD box set, the first time i saw this, i honestly thought that there was a figurine or something inside a la Copse Bride, i said to myself, "hey, this is quite an improvement". Then the sales lady, gave me the pleasure of showing the real DVD. Like, ah, ok. Hehehe.  :P

hahahaha  ;D i know precisely what you mean!
when i got my KK with slipcase, i noticed the vcd packaging at the back, so i asked the saleslady what version or whatever it was coz mas maganda ang packaging! i was surprised when the saleslady told me vcd sya...so i asked why it was packaged like that...since she didnt know the answer....i told her...nevermind. :P

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #149 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 10:45 AM »
As long as the AQ, PQ and special features are all intact, there is no problem for me with this release. Sure, it would have been nice to have better packaging. But, I won't lose sleep over it.

Agreed. Though on these forums, we're clearly in the minority.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...