Author Topic: The Panasonic AE900 Thread  (Read 20968 times)

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Panasonic AE900 Thread
« Reply #240 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 04:11 PM »
Hi guys.  Is 88K for the PTAE900 a good price already?  Just checking market prices of PJ's since I plan on getting one.  Thanks.
ALA EH!!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 07:00 PM »
Hi guys.  Is 88K for the PTAE900 a good price already?  Just checking market prices of PJ's since I plan on getting one.  Thanks.
classicman saw it priced at 85k in Cebu....ask din kung me kasama screen..... ;D

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 10:32 AM »
85k is about the right price. Mura na at, 1588 dollars na lang yan
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 11:10 AM »
Anyone notices that after 300++ hours of usage of AE900, the brightness decreases

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 11:30 AM »
Anyone notices that after 300++ hours of usage of AE900, the brightness decreases
if that happens...what adjustments should be made? ;D ;D increase brightness level?
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2006 at 11:32 AM by Munskie »

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 06:50 PM »
All projector looses some light output at around that point in time. 30% drop in light output is normal. With the panny900, you still have around 800 ansi lumens which is still a respectable light output
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #246 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 07:14 PM »
set lamp power to high? it shortens lamp's life tho'

have yet to experience this i only have 189hrs. on my runtime.

question po:
without shifting the lamp power to high, am i also shortening its life if i only adjust the brightness, gamma, etc. to match the brightness the high (lamp pwer mode) emits?

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 08:42 PM »
if you have the equipment and you have measured the light output of your projector at 0 hr. and compare that with the reading at 189 hrs, you will find that you have lost maybe around 10 to 15 % light output already, the use of low lamp mode will help in extending the life of the lamp. I have seen projectors having a lamp life of 6000 hrs and were unusable at 600 hrs. Therefore you have to look at lamplife with a grain of salt.

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #248 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 11:18 PM »
unusable at 600hrs?. . .ayayay. . .(knock on wood) wag naman sana.

hindi pa nga nagagamit sa High definition e.

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:21 AM »
Hmm, 300+ hours na ako but I never noticed any dimming.

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 10:51 PM »
Its because , its a very slow process. Parang pagtaba nang tao, if you see the person everyday as if nothing changes. but if you see the person after 10 years, malaki ang perceive change nya sa appearance.

i hope the panny's lamp is not as sensitive to this dimming process for all our sake
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2006 at 12:33 PM by alvinthx2 »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #251 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 11:26 PM »
you are right sir alvinthx2,you would not notice the difference with your bare eyes ;D  I just check my panny 500,its on its 1127hrs but i could not tell the difference with its performance  since the day i bought it and had it calibrated :)  and by the way mas maganda comparison yung loosing weight ;D ;D ;D

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 11:31 AM »
What alvin describes is what happened to my lamp over time (NEC, not Panny, but have heard similar stories about other brands). Ultimately we all have to replace lamps, some sooner than others (no. of hours is not consistent even with the same pj). Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here.

Some things I learned:

1. When turning your pj off, try not to turn it on before 60 mins. are up. Some put the threshold at 90 mins. just to be conservative. If you're going to be back within that time, it's better to leave the pj on.

2. Try to plug the pj into a UPS esp. if your area is brownout-prone. It's the sudden turn-off and esp. sudden turn-on that can shorten lamp life significantly. Some very cautious owners only like higher-end UPS which output pure sine waves, but IME a regular APC is good enough.

3. Use your regular tv for watching special features.

4. Heat and humidity and dust - try to minimize these. Anyway for light control you'll usually have A/C on, right. Occasional vacuuming can help, even if your room is sealed.

5. Try not to put your pj into high-brightness mode. Try to use the other adjustments as the lamp life gets shorter.

6. If you're planning a trip to HK (or maybe Sing), scout in advance for where you can buy a replacement lamp, from the distributor if possible. Will cost much less than buying it here.

7. Get a high-gain screen.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your lamplife guys  :)

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 12:34 PM »
Noted Ricky, modified reply :)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #254 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 05:15 PM »
lol ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 05:37 PM »
Bato bato sa langit, ang tamaan, wag magalit  ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 10:22 AM »
Ive just witnessed  something that somehow I hate to realize.  Of course, you'll get familiar and content with output of your PJ for some time.  Until you see someone else's. 

This PJ with some tweaking and thorough calibration (and w/ a good video processor/scaler), can still go far in its Picture quality.  Consider this, Ive seen the same DVD, LOTR-ROTK EE, same brand of PJ, mine with minor calibration only (video essentials), and alvinthx's extensive calibration and the internal video processing of his ANTHEM AVM50.  Difference may not be night and day, but there is really noticeable improvement in alvin's display output.  I cant say what percentage his calibration or his Anthem pre/pro did on the overall improvement, but tell you, it was really near HD na (he previewed me his HD DVD too for comparison).  Imagine having all your favorite DVDs in near HD quality.  Of course, his ANthem AVM50 isnt for everybody (gosh, it costs an arm and a leg...my torso too), but maybe...(ill tell maybe coz cant say what  contributed to the PQ)  a calibration done by professionals/experts can improve the PQ.  Its really something I would like to explore... :) :)

« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2006 at 10:26 AM by Munskie »

Offline bob builder

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 10:06 AM »
hi,i am wondering  how do you connect an HMDI device to the panny ae900 and a yamaha rx v630 av receiver ?  :)

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 10:18 PM »
I believe that your receiver does not have a HDMI input

Offline bob builder

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 09:15 AM »
I believe that your receiver does not have a HDMI input

that is exactly my question. if i connect the hdmi to the panny, how do i get the audio input into the
av receiver that doesnot have a hdmi input? :)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 09:37 AM »
bro, connect your dvd players coaxial or optical output to your receiver for your audio.  then directly connect the hdmi output of your dvd player (kung meron sya hdmi output) to the pannyae900 for the video.  kung wala, component video connection ka na lang.    :)

Offline bob builder

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 09:46 AM »
bro, connect your dvd players coaxial or optical output to your receiver for your audio.  then directly connect the hdmi output of your dvd player (kung meron sya hdmi output) to the pannyae900 for the video.  kung wala, component video connection ka na lang.    :)

that means when i buy a toshiba hd or a blu ray, i dont need to upgrade my av receiver na? thanks in advance!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 10:11 AM »
yup, you dont have to buy a receiver, then if kung multi channel input yung AVR mo, its better to use that than the digital coaxial...the tosh hddvd will do the sound decoding then

Offline gobs

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 05:51 PM »
guys newbie here, i'm currently in search for a projector for my room theater (yes i know its supposed to be home but i have this in my bedroom, so its room theater for me  ;D)

Is the Panasonic AE900 that all you raved about is ok to buy for now, or should i wait for the new ones to come out.

Actually i have no idea what i should be getting. My room is not that big maybe around 10-12ft in length.
So any suggestions?

Thanks guys. will appreciate all the help i can get.

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 06:13 PM »
Sir gobs,

posible po

try to drop by for actual demo

50 d Timog Avenue QC Beside Lexus in front of Marina

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006 at 06:20 PM by audibleillusions »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 02:49 AM »
Hi i received my Panny AE900 knina, courtesy of audibleillusion. Since i don't have a screen pa. I bought a "tolda" jsut to see how it works, hehe iam not expecting anything good of course but the picture quality in the tolda is surprisingly okay. although there's a problem with centering of the projected image. it seems khit anung gawin ko indi sya maisentro. i'd like to thank ritchie for patiently installing the panny ae900, this man is very good and very attentive to details. I'd also like to thank ashley, the owner of audible illusion for coming to supervise the installation. and also sorry you haven't successfully conviced us to buy your paradigm speakers, i know you are disappointed while leaving, saw it in ur face. Don't worry mate, I have lots of friends and cousins who are also into HT and most probably some others will be drawn into, since hawa hawa lng yan pagmgkakasama kyu db. ;D iam sure they all have different tastes in music and your paradigm is also very very good so i can recommend it with confidence to them. ;)

I've read lots of posts here regarding front projector calibration? Is there actually any existing store here in manila where i can buy calibration disc for my Panny ae900? Sana yung medyo user friendly and of course very effective. T.I.A. guys!  ;)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 07:33 AM »
bro, tolda doesnt do justice on what the pannyae900 can do.  there are screens as cheap as 6500...glass beaded pa.  regarding the centering of the image, panny ae900 is user friendly in terms of placements, it has 2x zoom and vertical/horizontal lens shift.  dont bother using keystone correction coz it decreases picture quality.  users in this thread havent reported a problem regarding centering the image...congrats on your purchase...panny ae900 is a solid buy.... :)

you can use avia calibration disc or digital video essentials....

Offline alfa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 01:50 AM »
...there are screens as cheap as 6500...glass beaded pa....

Share naman where i can get glass beaded for P6500
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006 at 03:25 PM by alfa »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 04:30 AM »
bro, tolda doesnt do justice on what the pannyae900 can do.  there are screens as cheap as 6500...glass beaded pa.  regarding the centering of the image, panny ae900 is user friendly in terms of placements, it has 2x zoom and vertical/horizontal lens shift.  dont bother using keystone correction coz it decreases picture quality.  users in this thread havent reported a problem regarding centering the image...congrats on your purchase...panny ae900 is a solid buy.... :)

you can use avia calibration disc or digital video essentials....

hehe yes of course tolda is just a sample. Di lang ako nkatiis kaya pati tolda pinatulan ko na. ;D I've ordered US draper yung 106" but the store owner said i have to wait for 45 days for it to arrive.

Thanks mate munchkie sa tip about calibration discs. But where can i buy this calibration discs bro? at mga magkanu kaya isa nitu? Thank you

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 08:36 AM »
mr expenz, try  ordering sa mga market resellers or sa amazon.  mga av shops inquire ka din... :)