Author Topic: Denon fanatics, post the model you own ;)  (Read 16738 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Denon fanatics, post the model you own ;)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 11:24 AM »
What are the ideal speakers for the avr-2805?

For Denon, so far i prefer B&W.

Offline fivepointone

• Collector
  • PUMP it UP!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 06:14 AM »
Here's my AVR 1603  ;)

Offline maximusIII

• Collector
  • sing no sad song for me
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 02:34 PM »
new owner of 1907. very nice. though parang overkill sa kin dahil ht lang naman hilig ko.
he is not poor who has so little, only he that desires much.

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 11:22 AM »
maximusIII

where did you buy your unit and how much did it cost?

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 11:15 AM »
ano po ma recommend ninyo good speakers for 3806? tnx

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
DENON AVR-1707.  Gun Metal :o
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 05:31 PM »
blackie,

how much is the 1707 and where did you buy it?  ano partnering speakers mo?

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 11:43 AM »
I DO NOT OWN A DENON BUT I ALMOST DID. 

HAVE CHOSEN....I THINK!

am pretty tired as it has been a long long day but wanted to keep you updated in "real time".

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Bought some speaker brackets from perfect vision which would have been great....but the back of the atoms/titans are a polymer type resin not wood so to drill a hole was not recommended. The ADP 370 surround dipole was also of the same polymer substance on the back so again could not drill( and the bracket that the 370 comes with is not adjustable ...having said that... Never should have bought  brackets in the first place as Paradigm provides  a swivel bracket mount upon request for both the atom and the titan..DUH!    So no worries here.  Must  order them. Unfortunatley for me the Paradigm supplier is closed till Jan 2 or 3

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space. 

Unwrapped the Denon avr 2807   and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up to  full volume. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.    I was looking for the additional 10 watts you had recommended to me before).  Must also say that on the highest volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy...and I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad.   Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?

Decided to give the Onkyo a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

DENON 2807...GREAT REVIEW  http://reviews.cnet.com/Denon_AVR_2807/4505-6466_7-31660758.html?tag=pdtl-list

REVIEW OF THE ONKYO 803

Part 1    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-1.html

Part 2   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-2.html

Part 3   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-3.html

DUDES....LET ME WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LOTS OF FUN WITH YOUR MEGA TOYS!
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
According to a technician/audio enthusiast I recently spoke to, the Denons to his ear is in the middle of his top five. To him, based on sound quality for both HT and audio, his list looks like this:

1. Yamaha
2. Harman Kardon
3. Denon
4. Onkyo
5. Marantz

A big subject of debate among the many audio enthusiasts we have here.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
I DO NOT OWN A DENON BUT I ALMOST DID. 

HAVE CHOSEN....I THINK!

am pretty tired as it has been a long long day but wanted to keep you updated in "real time".

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Bought some speaker brackets from perfect vision which would have been great....but the back of the atoms/titans are a polymer type resin not wood so to drill a hole was not recommended. The ADP 370 surround dipole was also of the same polymer substance on the back so again could not drill( and the bracket that the 370 comes with is not adjustable ...having said that... Never should have bought  brackets in the first place as Paradigm provides  a swivel bracket mount upon request for both the atom and the titan..DUH!    So no worries here.  Must  order them. Unfortunatley for me the Paradigm supplier is closed till Jan 2 or 3

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space. 

Unwrapped the Denon avr 2807   and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up to  full volume. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.    I was looking for the additional 10 watts you had recommended to me before).  Must also say that on the highest volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy...and I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad.   Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?

Decided to give the Onkyo a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

DENON 2807...GREAT REVIEW  http://reviews.cnet.com/Denon_AVR_2807/4505-6466_7-31660758.html?tag=pdtl-list

REVIEW OF THE ONKYO 803

Part 1    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-1.html

Part 2   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-2.html

Part 3   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-3.html

DUDES....LET ME WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LOTS OF FUN WITH YOUR MEGA TOYS!

congrats on finding the right receiver for you sir and happy new year too!!   Since you have chosen Onkyo, and this is a Denon thread, maybe you can post this to the Onkyo AVR thread, here's the link....

ONKYO AVR THREAD

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2007 at 01:04 PM by Munskie »

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 01:57 PM »
Thanx Munskie
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #41 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 01:48 PM »
Hello There Lakambini!

Sorry for the late post :( I forgot how much I got it for, if I remember correctly just a bit below 30k.  My partnering speakers are 9.6 wharfedale diamonds for floorstanders, PSB's for my rears, and an AE107C for my center.  I'm planning to upgrade my Sub though.  The 8 inch NHT Wave simply cannot handle a bit more juice be it for Home Theater or Music Listening.  A friend is selling her Velodyne to me, hopefully d maunahan.

Cheers!

Blackie
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 02:02 PM »
Still using my old but reliable denon 1804. :)

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #43 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 02:08 PM »
Denon PRA-1001 pre-amp. Am looking for schematics. Appreciate your help.

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 03:08 PM »
avr-3802  :D
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 at 03:09 PM by bono vox »

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 03:14 PM »
sold my AVR-2802 and upgraded to a black AVR-3805 - gumanda lalo ang tunog ng sinehan namin. almost all-black na ang setup ko, DVD na lang ang papalitan...

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 03:36 PM »
I have two Denon Integrated Amps. Both Japan surplus and probably almost 20 years old ;D

Models are PMA 390 and PMA 300V.  Both are 60wpc and are both very good in music.  Right now, however, I'm just using them to power my bass shakers.  ;D
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 05:18 PM »
ano po ma recommend ninyo good speakers for 3806? tnx

Im currently using KEF w/ Denon 1507 and its very good as well.  Im not a Denon fanatic though, movie-wise still yamaha, music-wise still marantz.

Offline doughn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • sleepyhead
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #48 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 05:34 PM »
old and realible avr-3802 made in japan
7.2.4 system
Focal
Marantz
Epson
SVS
Elitescreen
Velodyne
Xbox1S
Nvidia
Berkline
Logitech
QED
Kimb

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 02:21 PM »
1705 for my bedroom setup. Same as JT, m not a Denon fanatic though.  8)

I am using it w/ JBL SCS 200.5 speakers & I kinda wonder why I need to turn the volume all the way up to -5 to 0. Almost at its peak volume.

But it fit (synergized) the JBL sat system better than my previous Onkyo.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 at 02:25 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #50 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 04:44 PM »
1705 for my bedroom setup. Same as JT, m not a Denon fanatic though.  8)

I am using it w/ JBL SCS 200.5 speakers & I kinda wonder why I need to turn the volume all the way up to -5 to 0. Almost at its peak volume.

But it fit (synergized) the JBL sat system better than my previous Onkyo.

Idol,
Welcome to the Club... 8)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
Thanks pare, Marantz na lang AVR na di ko pa nasubukan. hmmm,  ano kaya? ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 at 05:33 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 11:44 AM »
Thanks pare, Marantz na lang AVR na di ko pa nasubukan. hmmm,  ano kaya? ;D

Naku pre, Marantz may not suite to your taste using your B&W speakers unless you will get the really high-end model.

I've tried all the brands entry-level models and using Mission speakers, and really prefer overall Yamaha then Marantz or Denon. Yamaha revs you up, Marantz relaxes, Denon jack of all traits.

Balak ko naman to try all again but 2 models higher (and now using KEF speakers). Bili ako highest models kapag permanently stay na ng Pinas. Samantalahin habang kayang gawin dito sa Singapore... hehehe.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 11:52 AM »
I have the Denon DV 2900 I use it for playing SACD, DVD-Audio and concert DVDs....was supposed to get a Denon Receiver but ended up getting a NAD instead (a great offer was to be had on the B&S section just couldn't resist).... ;D ;D ;D....but I still have a high regard for Denon receivers especially for watching movies.... ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM by Dracula »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 01:43 PM »
Naku pre, Marantz may not suite to your taste using your B&W speakers unless you will get the really high-end model.

I've tried all the brands entry-level models and using Mission speakers, and really prefer overall Yamaha then Marantz or Denon. Yamaha revs you up, Marantz relaxes, Denon jack of all traits.

Pre, wala akong B&W, baka si Platinum yun :D. Not a B&W fan here, they are good speakers but I personally prefer Missions to them.

Agree ako sa observation mo regarding Denon being jack of all trades.  :) Onkyo in my observation, is very warm & musical but tends to roll off some HF.

Balak ko naman to try all again but 2 models higher (and now using KEF speakers). Bili ako highest models kapag permanently stay na ng Pinas. Samantalahin habang kayang gawin dito sa Singapore... hehehe.

Very good choice in thinking of getting the highest model when you settle back here, iba talaga yung performance ng mga highest models.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007 at 01:44 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
Pre, wala akong B&W, baka si Platinum yun :D. Not a B&W fan here, they are good speakers but I personally prefer Missions to them.

Ganun ba.  In that case, oks ka for Marantz also.  Same here, prefer Mission than B&W. But Im curious with the B&W PV1 subwoofer.

Offline bey

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 09:52 AM »
pre-owned 1804

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:39 AM »
1705..pang entry level lang po...

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:41 AM »
Tanong lang po....  Is there any noticeable difference between the China made and the Japan made Denon AVR's in sound and in construction/craftmanship quality? Kase saw it in the stores meron made in China at saka made in Japan models.   tnx

how would we know pala where its made..from the remote?...i barely notice any imprints of where its made..but i think they're not totally made just in one place..right?

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2007 at 06:14 PM »
 ::) ::) ::) I used to have, but still mine coz it's now in pinas. I bought home when I went for vacation 2 yrs backed. I like it's decoding system in movies, but I like more my B&K combo. Now I got pre-owned B&K ref30 7.1 THX as new A/V processor. I got also denon multi-disk Cd player which MP3. :( :( :(
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest