Author Topic: outlaw audio  (Read 1783 times)

Offline kuyarubs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
outlaw audio
« on: Mar 28, 2004 at 09:29 PM »
just joined and can anybody tell me where, if ever, can i get  locally an outlaw-icbm (integrated controlled bass manager) for sacd/ dvd audio. outlaw only sell this on line in the usa. are there members here who are selling sacd/ dvd audio discs?
thanks & have a nice day.

Offline ariel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re:outlaw icbm
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2004 at 08:54 AM »
if you have any relative or a friend in the US, maybe you can ask them to purchase the icbm for you, you can try to contact Audioden in Araneta. I know they have some icbm units for their magnepan speakers. (the price is quite high compared to the US price). search the forum for dvda and sacd's. there are several discussions about this format.

Offline kuyarubs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:outlaw icbm
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004 at 10:01 AM »
thanks! highly appreciate your feedback.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: outlaw icbm
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2004 at 02:28 PM »
We tried contacting outlaw audio however, they really just want to sell at USA....and thru web

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2004 at 02:36 PM »
We tried contacting outlaw audio however, they really just want to sell at USA....and thru web

See if you can just put-up a local warehousing outlet for Outlaw ICBM.  We can still order from their web-site, even paying in dollars on-line.  But the deliveries can be sourced from here for pinoy and even southeast asian orders.  Much faster and cheaper, I suppose.  Just a thought.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004 at 07:17 PM »
We tried everything...but no avail...it seems that they don't want yet to go outside thier North American market since they are afraid that they cannot keep up the demand here...while the value of margin they will make in the aisa market is not as high in the US

Offline kuyarubs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004 at 05:23 AM »
I already had my sister in the states buy for me and just awaiting for it to arrive. Sayang, they have good reviews not only of the ICBM but also of their other products.
thanks and have a nice day.

Offline ariel

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004 at 08:55 AM »
congrats on your new equipment. this will really bring a lot of improvement for sacd and dvda's.

Offline macmac09

• Collector
  • newbie forever
  • Liked:
outlaw audio
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006 at 11:27 AM »
meron po ba dealer sa atin nitong brand na to? tnx

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
Re: outlaw audio
« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 04:48 PM »
No dealers since the business model of this company is direct online selling.  Good products but you might get into problems with service, parts and voltage 110V siya.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2006 at 04:33 PM »
To those who just want some bass management function for their stereo set-ups, there's this rack-mountable DBX Sub-harmonic synthesizer at Sound DImension and other professional or studio  music equipment stores that can do  the job of an Outlaw ICBM.   The sub-harmonic synthesizer takes stereo analog inputs (RCA) and routes the low frequencies to a sub-out for a suitable subwoofer.  You can then synthesize an  extra octave below the lowest frequencies detected on the source.  The bass can be heart-stopping.  This may also be helpful to those needing an extra punch on their bass.  I think this retails for around 15T or less.  It's only $199 online. 

Product description from
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DBX120A

Why just rock the house when you can rattle the foundation loose! For decades, the patented dbx Subharmonic Synthesis has been the secret weapon used by mobile DJs and film & sound professionals to produce amazing impact. The dbx process actually produces a new, Waveform Modeled bass note, exactly an octave below the bass in the original audio. Its two separate bands of bass synthesis provide the best combination of smoothness and control. Low Frequency Boost helps you get the most out of high-performance low frequency speaker systems. Flexible I/O includes 1/4 in. and RCA inputs, main outputs which can be full range (including synthesis) or high frequency only, and a separate subwoofer out with its own level control.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2006 at 11:31 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 05:40 PM »
Anybody has an Outlaw model 990 here?  I am planning to get one through their website which only sells $699, 5-yr warranty but since it's in the US I will have to pass through Johnny Air Cargo, thus additional shipping cost.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/990.html

The new Model 997 has been announced to come out this year for only $1399. I can live with the Outlaw 990 for now.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 06:54 PM »
Anybody has an Outlaw model 990 here?  I am planning to get one through their website which only sells $699, 5-yr warranty but since it's in the US I will have to pass through Johnny Air Cargo, thus additional shipping cost.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/990.html

The new Model 997 has been announced to come out this year for only $1399. I can live with the Outlaw 990 for now.

you may want to try @toy01 rather than johnny air. i am sure the transport cost would be cheaper.

btw, outlaw has a good reputation as a direct to end user seller like sub makers like hsu to keep cost down. goodluck!

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 06:55 PM »
Sige I will pm him again, nakapm ko na sya before :)
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!