Author Topic: NextBase NB-656 Sexy Slim Sportish White DivX Player Owner's Thread  (Read 25791 times)

Offline cybernaut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NextBase NB-656 Sexy Slim Sportish White DivX Player Owner's Thread
« Reply #150 on: Oct 04, 2006 at 04:41 AM »
i have this dvd player, kaya lang i encountered a problem

i burn my divx files in dvd+r

kaya lang this player wont read the those divx files that were newly added

it can only read those which were burned first.  the new ones, it cannot

HELP!

Offline PaulNikki

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Oct 14, 2006 at 04:48 PM »
How much na po ba ito ngayon sa market? ty

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:17 PM »
It probably can't read multisession. That's what I remember for Fukuda players.

i have this dvd player, kaya lang i encountered a problem

i burn my divx files in dvd+r

kaya lang this player wont read the those divx files that were newly added

it can only read those which were burned first.  the new ones, it cannot

HELP!

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:19 PM »
I bought a Xenon only a few days ago but replaced it with a Nextbase because the Div-X files kept skipping in the former.

Do  you  think this is better than Xenon 840 that is cheaper?

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:32 PM »
I can't find anything in the manual except for labels that say it can read DivX, MP4, and MP3.

You can probably use programs like TMPGEnc or EO-Video to convert files to DivX and MP3. The conversion is time-consuming, though, and you will have to install programs like oggcodecs and AC3 plug-ins.

Also, you can probably bring test disks containing videos with different formats and then use them to test different machines before you decide what to buy.

I remember doing that when I first read about the Fukuda, and chose that over the Ganz Klar.

Does this DVD player play any type of Movie I download ? mostly .mpg, .avi, .wmv

and How would I know if the movie I downloaded is in DIVX format ?

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:36 PM »
Sorry, I forget to answer your second question. Use a search engine and look for a program called "Gspot."

Does this DVD player play any type of Movie I download ? mostly .mpg, .avi, .wmv

and How would I know if the movie I downloaded is in DIVX format ?

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 02:26 PM »
How much na po ba ito ngayon sa market? ty

After almost a year starting this thread, checked the price last Sunday and nagmura na sha..

from P 3,999.00 (last January)

it's now only P 3,995.00 !!

nagmura daw ng P 5 kse bumaba na daw presyo ng dollars.

Performance review, my unit is still going strong. 
Although I'm deciding to sell it while it's within warranty w/ manual & box and all.. and get an external HDD case w/ MP4 capabilities..

magkano kaya ang resale value nito w/in warranty w/ complete box, manual, etc..?

I'm always on the go kse and I need a portable entertainment (MP4/DivX) device.
Perfect yung external HDD enclosure w/ controls, remote na parang DivX player narin.  I think it's P3,500 for just the unit itself but I don't know kung tatagal ng 6hrs nonstop playing yun.  Anyone here tried it?

tnx. :)

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #157 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 03:59 PM »

I'm always on the go kse and I need a portable entertainment (MP4/DivX) device.
Perfect yung external HDD enclosure w/ controls, remote na parang DivX player narin.  I think it's P3,500 for just the unit itself but I don't know kung tatagal ng 6hrs nonstop playing yun.  Anyone here tried it?

tnx. :)

May feedback na nag-iinit daw at hindi maganda ang video quality:

http://www.pinoypc.net/cms//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=42176.0

OT na ito. I got myself a TVIX M3100U HDD-based player just yesterday. OK naman ang vid quality. I'll post my feedback on it after I get to play with it some more.

Offline gruumsh

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 07:10 PM »
mga sir tulong po! when im playing divx anime hindi fullscreen meron black bars sa side so ginawa ko i went to setup/normal ps (wide by default) so mag full screen na kaya lang ang probs minsan lumalampas ang subtitles and hind mabasa..so anong kayang tamang resolution ng video kung mag burn ako para full screen ang movie and at the same time mabasa ang subtitles..tnx!
Hi, are you still experiencing this problem?
Ako rin eh.  I've had my NB656 for a year now and lately, some of my DivX and Xvid files are being played with a ridiculously wrong aspect ratio -->  halos 1:1 (square) na, centered on the screen leaving two black bars on the left and right side.  The odd thing is... bigla na lang siya naging ganito for some of my DivX and Xvid files.  I used to be able to watch those same DivX and Xvid files w/o the distortion.
Is there some menu setting I may have screwed up?

Offline chaosbringer

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 07:13 PM »
Just got this player today. For those experiencing problems with burned divx files with black bars at the left and right, change your TV display from "wide" to either pan/scan or letterbox.

Played my divx and xvid animes and tv shows just fine. The files with .srt subs also displays the subtitles and can remove it by just pressing the subtitle button.

Offline DL1

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 05:40 PM »
Hello All,

I bought my very first Nextbase player on christmas day 2006 based on all the positive reviews for the NB656. I was originally eyeing the Phillips DVD players but none of the Phillips Players have an Optical out.

Unfortunately, as I found out after setting this player up, the Optical out of this player DOES NOT pass DTS signals. I've had my Skyworth 3250 for several years now and this player also doesn't have a built-in DTS decoder. But the Skyworth passes out the correct digital signal through the Optical output including DTS signals.

Furthermore, the NB 656 only passes out NORMAL Dolby Digital 5.1 signal through the Optical out. Even if you have a Dolby Digital EX 6.1 disc (i.e LOTR extended box sets), the sound from the optical out will only be normal Dolby Digital 5.1. I know this because my Yamaha receiver displays what kind of signal is passed on to it and which speaker is receiving signal input from the optical connection. In the case of NB656, all my Dolby Digital EX DVDs only came out at Dolby Digital 5.1

The bottom line is that the optical/coaxial connection of the NB656 isn't working the way it should. So those who are particular with this type of setup should veer away from this player to save a lot of time and effort.

I also noticed that the power button was misaligned and i was a bit disapointed with the LED display having only 4 characters. But hey, i could have lived with that.

Sad to say, I had this unit replaced the very next day. (wow. Last christmas i gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away.)

Sad to say also that this waslmy first and will be my last Nextbase dvd player.

But I really think that for 3,995, this is an expensive player. I replaced this with the Pioneer 393 and added only 295 pesos. Sad to say again that the Pioneer outperformed the Nextbase player in terms of sound, video quality, DVD compatibility (nb565 had trouble reading some hard to read discs),  and even the look of the unit itself including the LED display.

Offline kazushi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello imalurker
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 12:56 AM »
ok i just purchased my NB656 yesterday at sm appliance center, and i was thinking of replacing it with the nextbase with USB and card reader, does any one know what  are their terms for replacement

Offline nato

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #162 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 05:21 PM »
ano website ng nextbase?

Offline DL1

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 06:45 PM »
ok i just purchased my NB656 yesterday at sm appliance center, and i was thinking of replacing it with the nextbase with USB and card reader, does any one know what  are their terms for replacement

In my case, I told them about my problem with the 656 not passing out DTS signal. I think they we're kind of reluctant to have it replaced trying to verify if there really was something wrong with the player etc. etc. In any case, i got my way and replaced it with a more expensive unit so i just paid the difference.

I'm not sure though what the policy would be if in case the Nextbase with USB turns out to be cheaper than the 656. My advice would be to double check all the accessories and stuff to make sure it's complete to avoid problems.

Offline bistro

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jan 20, 2007 at 03:07 AM »
i brought a divx movie with me and tried out many divx player.

the Nextbase NB-656 was a big disappointment. =( i was really thinking of buying this player because of good reviews. super pixelated yung movie.

i tried the movie sa ibang players (Xenon, Promac and Philips) and i got better results.

Offline adamantiumX

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 01:54 AM »
Pa-confirm naman sa mga NB-656 owners, kaya ba nitong magplay ng divX files na may 640x480 (and higher) resolution?

=)

Offline chaosbringer

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 08:21 AM »
Anyone else tried playing multisession discs? Hindi talaga mag-read ng mga newly added files?

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 10:41 AM »
Anyone else tried playing multisession discs? Hindi talaga mag-read ng mga newly added files?
hindi talaga mababasa ang multisessions s a DVDR +/-, pero sa DVDRW or CDRW kahit ilan pang multisessions yan mababasa. 

all DVD players work this way regardless of brand.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007 at 10:42 AM by Miguel^ »

Offline jabongga_dude

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jun 18, 2007 at 11:21 AM »
Hello Guys,

I'm planning to buy NB-656 w/in this week. According to the previous reviews ok naman sya. How about po ngayon, is there any problems encountered or ok pa naman yung mga unit nyo.  SRP nya  dito sa baguio is Php2,9xxx. Is it worth po ba? Thanks

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #169 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 05:32 AM »
i would suggest that you check-out newer models of next base or other dvd brands with the same price points but with newer features first (or again).
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #170 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 03:03 PM »
Ito ang gamit ko. Pero madami n ytang mas mura at mas mdami feature kesa NB. hanap k n lng s Quiapo.