Author Topic: Superman Returns: 28 November 2006  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Mickoh Ramos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Yeah baby!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Superman Returns: 28 November 2006
« on: Aug 16, 2006 at 03:11 PM »
Kelan kaya ang release?

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Superman Returns (28th Nov 2K6)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 01:17 AM »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Superman Returns: 28 November 2006
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 01:30 AM »
I wonder if I could get the 2-Disc set with the single disc cover art.

Hopefully our R3 cover art will be different... and I heard a rumor that our release date will also be earlier...  ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
Re: Superman Returns (28th Nov 2K6)
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 09:13 AM »
DVD Announcement

-- http://dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman-returns.html

Link pulls up Supergirl instead.  The site pulled out the article since it was not officially approved yet.

Edit:

Was able to find a site that was able to get the story before they were pulled out.  I totally agree with Mr Hankey on this.  IMHO, 2disc cover is overused.  Supe's pose can been seen in several of the movie posters already. 

DVDActive.com reports that the DVD release of "Superman Returns" will be available on November 28th.

WHV will be releasing two different DVD editions. You can buy the single disc ($28.98) or the double disc ($34.99) edition. Each will carry a 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track.

Apparently the single disc edition has no extra features, while the double disc edition will include deleted scenes and a 3 hour documentary titled "Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns" which takes you behind the scenes onto the set of the movie.

http://supermanhomepage.com/

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2006 at 12:10 PM by Pillow »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 12:50 PM »
Link pulls up Supergirl instead.

And WOW, that's the UGLIEST DVD cover art for any superhero film in the history of DVDs! Kawawa naman si Helen Slater. What were they thinking? As if the color-coded Christopher Reeve titles weren't bad enough!  ::)

IMHO, 2disc cover is overused.

If I were to see that in my house, I wouldn't even think it was a DVD...

I'd assume it was a tumbler from KFC!  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2006 at 12:50 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 01:32 PM »

i agree with sir hankey, the worst dvd cover art, parang tinamad na lang ang nag design....sayang...

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 01:51 PM »
The Reeve collection's art cover is lousy enough... pati ba naman tong Returns...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 02:25 PM »
There is still hope.  Its not official... yet.  :P  Sana marealize nila to and come up with something better.

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 05:17 PM »
The Region 2 Superman Returns 2-Disc Version is much better. Cover art is very simple and yet effective (If that's the final cover). Sources:Amazon.co.uk.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 05:41 PM »
I don't think it's an art cover... it's more of a movie poster to me ;)

Offline jinjin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • simply collecting!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 09:02 AM »
isnt superman returns included in the ultimate superman collection?  ???
Canon 7D | 580EX Speedlite | 50mm 1.2L | 100mm 2.8L IS | Click!!!

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 12:47 PM »
I don't think so.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 02:16 PM »
isnt superman returns included in the ultimate superman collection?  ???

It's included in The Ultimate Superman Collection that's been announced for other regions:

This 13 disc set includes:

Superman (4-Disc Set)

Superman II (3-Disc Set, INCLUDING "The Richard Donner Cut")

Superman III

Superman IV

Superman Returns (2-Disc Set)

Look, Up In The Sky! - The Amazing Story of Superman

You Will Believe - The Making of a Saga (New documentary on the history/making of the Christopher Reeve films)

This collection has not yet been officially announced for R1. So far, R1 has only announced The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection, and that one doesn't include Superman Returns, for obvious reasons.  ;D

==========

Back to the Superman Returns cover art. I think the artwork of the Australian tin release is much classier:

I hope our R3 artwork is similar, even if I doubt we'll have a collector's tin.

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:28 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
What region is the Ultimate Superman Collection that you posted above? It looks better than the R1 set.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 12:09 PM »
What region is the Ultimate Superman Collection that you posted above?

Region IV

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 12:31 PM »
I hope our R3 artwork is similar, even if I doubt we'll have a collector's tin.

Warner confirmed that there will be a Region 3 Ultimate Collection in a tin box. I saw pictures of the production sample and it looks like the R1. Still waiting for clearance to post the photos in the R3 forum.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
Warner confirmed that there will be a Region 3 Ultimate Collection in a tin box. I saw pictures of the production sample and it looks like the R1. Still waiting for clearance to post the photos in the R3 forum.
:o walang nang clearance clearance post na agad ;D just kidding Boss firewired :D A very well deserve packaging for the mightiest of them all 8)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
Warner confirmed that there will be a Region 3 Ultimate Collection in a tin box. I saw pictures of the production sample and it looks like the R1.

Oh no, kabibili ko lang ng Look Up In The Sky! - The Amazing Story of Superman, and since this is a Warner release, we can expect a friendly price.

Anyone want to buy a once-viewed R3 Look Up In The Sky! and a twice-viewed R1 The Complete Superman Collection with slipcase and snapper casings?

Mura lang...

;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:08 PM »
DVD Announcement

-- http://dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman-returns.html

"Superman Returns" na uli sya...May permission na daw sya from Warner... ;)

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 04:11 PM »
Now its official... the cover officially sucks!  >:( 

I prefer the cover for R2 Tin release, Superman hovering over earth.   So no double dipping for me... Ill just have to settle for the Ultimate Superman Collection.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 05:05 PM »
 :-[  :-[  :-[

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 08:06 PM »
if the R3 tin pushes through I'd definitely get one...knowing that Warner prices their DVDs at reasonable prices. Let's just wait & see... ;)
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #22 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 10:57 PM »
and hopefully your friendly pinoydvd.biz online store would carry the promo for this like the Davinci code promo

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 02:23 PM »

This 13 disc set includes:

Superman (4-Disc Set)

Superman II (3-Disc Set, INCLUDING "The Richard Donner Cut")

Superman III

Superman IV

Superman Returns (2-Disc Set)

Look, Up In The Sky! - The Amazing Story of Superman

You Will Believe - The Making of a Saga (New documentary on the history/making of the Christopher Reeve films)

This collection has not yet been officially announced for R1. So far, R1 has only announced The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection, and that one doesn't include Superman Returns, for obvious reasons.  ;D

Update lang po. But this set has now been announced for R1. Fourteen disc set. Kasama ang Superman Returns Special Edition and Superman II 2-Disc Edition and Richard Donner Cut.

From DVDActive.com:

Warner Home Video has announced the fourteen-disc Superman: The Ultimate Collection which includes Superman Returns: Special Edition, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman: The Movie Four-Disc Special Edition, Superman II Two-Disc Special Edition and Superman III and IV Deluxe Editions. The set also offers 20 hours of extra content, including the documentaries You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman and Look Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and Returns director Bryan Singer’s video journal. The Ultimate box will be encased in a keepsake tin and includes a reproduction of the Superman comic book issue No. 7, a Superman overview booklet and a mail-in offer for five Superman theatrical movie posters.

link

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:29 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:17 PM »

this will also be released November 28...for those wanting to go HD but are still waiting....this is a combo HD DVD/SD DVD release.... ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:25 PM »
This COMBO HD/SD only has a list price of $39.95.  While the two disc SE regular DVD has a list price of $34.95.   $5 difference. 

The choices for this title are here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman-returns.html
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2006 at 12:51 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:25 PM »
Update lang po. But this set has now been announced for R1. Fourteen disc set. Kasama ang Superman Returns Special Edition and Superman II 2-Disc Edition and Richard Donner Cut.

Ouch! 14 Disc set din kaya sa R3, or will our version be the same as Region 2 and 4 na 13 disc set?

That one disc of Bryan Singer's production diaries is enough for me to pay the price difference for the R1 if it's missing from our local release.  :(

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:30 PM »
This COMBO HD/SD only has a list price of $39.95.  While the two disc SE regular DVD has a list price of $34.95.   $5 difference.  WIth better coiver art.   ;D   Now make up your mind.   ;D

Here's a better cleare pictures:

THIS COMBO with HD DVD at $39.95http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superman-returns10/sr-hddvdcomp.jpg

OR Regular DVD for $34.95

i estimate the combo release will go somewhere 34.95 in amazon...plus the 10 percent discount for HD purchases.... :)
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:31 PM by Munskie »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 05, 2006 at 07:08 PM »
Link pulls up Supergirl instead.  The site pulled out the article since it was not officially approved yet.

Edit:

Was able to find a site that was able to get the story before they were pulled out.  I totally agree with Mr Hankey on this.  IMHO, 2disc cover is overused.  Supe's pose can been seen in several of the movie posters already. 

http://supermanhomepage.com/

Sino kaya ang may gawa ng cover art work for Superman Returns? Hmmm...parang mali-mali kasi ang source ng lighting from the sun...

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+435)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1277
« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 10:51 AM »
Official Superman Returns DVD Announcement
Source: Warner Home Video October 6, 2006

Warner Home Video this morning send out the official press release on the Superman Returns DVD:

"Loaded with digital dazzle ... 'Superman' returns with a bang." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

"Pure exhilaration ... It's beyond Super. It's Superb." Richard Corliss, Time

The fight for truth and justice continues when Superman Returns soars onto DVD November 28th from Warner Home Video. Superman Returns delivers an epic story, spectacular special effects, and exhilarating action that will leave you breathless. Directed by Bryan Singer (X-Men I & II, Usual Suspects), Superman Returns features powerful performances from newcomer Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush, Beyond the Sea) and two-time Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, Usual Suspects).

The Two-Disc Special Edition is filled with over three hours of bonus features, including more than ten revealing additional scenes with characters and plotlines never before seen and a "Resurrecting Jor-El" featurette. A multi-part, nearly 3-hour documentary, "Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns" takes you on an in-depth, behind the scenes journey of the making of this momentous film with visionary director Singer and crew. Viewers will experience what it was actually like to be part of the production on location in Australia. The documentary uncovers the secrets behind some of the most astonishing, effects-laden scenes in the film, including the shuttle accident, the Metropolis disaster and the formation of New Krypton. The Two-Disc Special Edition comes encased in collectible, embossed, gold foil o-sleeve packaging.

Superman Returns marks a day-and-date release for HD and Blu-ray. The HD version will be an HD DVD Combo Disc (High Definition DVD on one side and SD DVD on the other side) with the film in MLP audio and all special features on the HD side and film only on the standard DVD side. The Blu-ray version offers the film and all special features.

Warner Home Video HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The new formats also provide a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu-bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

Superman Returns will be available at $28.98 SRP in both widescreen and full frame formats. The Special Edition will be available in widescreen format for $34.99 SRP. The HD Combo will be available at $39.99 SRP and the Blu-ray version will be available at $34.99 SRP.

SYNOPSIS

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved Super Heroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman (Brandon Routh) faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth), has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

DVD ELEMENTS

The Single Disc version of Superman Returns contains the theatrical version of the film.

The Two-Disc Special Edition contains the theatrical version of the film on Disc 1 and over three hours of special features on Disc 2, including:

-- Additional Scenes
-- The Date: Ma Kent plays a game with her new man
-- Family Photos: Clark reminisces over family photos
-- Crash Landing/X-Ray Vision: Clark discovers he can fly and he has x-ray vision
-- Old Newspapers: Clark realizes what happened while he was gone
-- Are You Two Dating?: Clark discovers his mother is dating
-- Martinis and Wigs: Lex and Kitty bicker
-- I'm Always Right: Once again, Lex is right
-- Jimmy the Lush: Jimmy and Clark discuss Lois at the bar
-- Language Barrier: Japanese talkshow makes fun of Superman
-- Crystal Feet: Having a bad day
-- New Krypton: Lois names the new planet
-- Easter Egg: Lex Luthor's "Wrong" Montage

-- "Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns" multi-part documentary
-- Secret Origins and First Issues: Crystallizing Superman
-- The Crystal Method: Designing Superman
-- An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman
-- Superman on the Farm
-- Superman in the City
-- Superman in Peril
-- The Joy of Lex: Menacing Superman
-- He's Always Around: Wrapping Superman

-- "Resurrecting Jor-El" Featurette
-- 3D rendering of Marlon Brando's face for the Fortress of Solitude scene

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP
Single disc Amaray (WS) $28.98
Single disc Amaray (FS) $28.98
2-disc Special Edition (WS) $34.99
HD-DVD Combo Disc (30/9) $39.99
Blu-ray Disc (50) $34.99

Street Date: November 28, 2006
Languages: English, Spanish
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Running time: 157 minutes
Rating: PG-13 (for some intense action violence)
DLBY/SURR