Author Topic: help on diy interconnects  (Read 1031 times)

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
help on diy interconnects
« on: Jan 04, 2007 at 10:55 AM »
sirs,
happy new year po...
i am looking of diy interconnect for my set-up dahil mahirap linisin yung likod ng set-up ko because of long and dangling cables that was designed for a different configuration.

baka meron kayo tips o recipe sa mga interconnect with pictures na rin sana. made some searches pero wala na yung mga pictures eh...ty po ng marami

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: help on diy interconnects
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 12:26 PM »
I use Belden 8422 and Aphenol RCA Plugs.

Belden 8422:

Here is a description of the task to be done (sorry no picture) which I quote from this site: http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/bulletproofingsysteminterf.php

"Connect one of the leads of the twisted pair to the ground shield at both ends of the of the cable at the RCA connector, and then connect the other or "hot" side of the twisted pair to the appropriate connection of the RCA connector. This gives you the shielding and RFI rejection of both the twisted pair and the ground shield. Think of this as a double ground if you like. A number of manufacturers make microphone cable, below are some examples."

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007 at 12:34 PM by Bogsle »

Offline kpy555

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Cable Guy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: help on diy interconnects
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 03:02 PM »
Hi AGMJR!

I can provide you with Belden cables you need for DIY interconnects. I have the 8422, as well as the 89259.

I also personally know the distributor of Amphenol RCA connectors.

Just PM or text me at 0922-8981793 if you're interested.

Thanks!
Authorized Distributor of Belden Cables and Wires