Author Topic: Philips Pixel Plus  (Read 55074 times)

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Philips Pixel Plus
« Reply #210 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 05:42 PM »
I don't think i would be able to use that cable unless i have another splitter :) i'll try it out anyway. Thanks a lot!

Last question.. so even if i have pixelplus enabled and DNR turned off, it is still pixelplus quality right?

Yes.  DNR is only for Noise reduction it has nothing to do with the Pixel Plus feature and just like what jpadua mentioned, too much DNR makes the picture pasty or fudgy so it's best to set it to a minimum.

BTW you might be confusing DNR from DNM they are different.  

;D
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2003 at 05:58 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 05:55 PM »
you know.. i think i am! i'll get back to you guys again after i play around with the system :)

Offline jpadua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Nov 04, 2003 at 09:22 AM »
Mr Big Boy, you're right, the attenuation works great! I noticed that my antenna setting for HBO was set to High, when I set it to low, a significant amount of snow dissapeared! its great! thanks!

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 09:36 PM »
Great!  ;D

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 01:51 AM »
I saw a 36 inch widescreen Philips pixel plus at SM City. I cant afford the hundred thousand plus price but I hope this would be the return of widescreen again.

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 04:11 PM »
mga kaanib na pixel plus owners, tanong lang.  yung antenna attenuator ba e yung antenna signal option na may high/low?  kung mali e saan ba makikita yun kasi snowy yung picture at ewan ko kung sa antenna ko lang yun (wala ako cable) o magbabago ba kung kakabitan ng hdtv setup box?  bago kasing palit itong pixel plus ko kasi nakidlatan yata yung una kaya pinalitan ng philips kaso mas gusto ko yung nauna dahil hindi snowy yung picture nya.  help plis.

shalom :)
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2003 at 04:12 PM by YrNeH »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 04:23 PM »
yeah its the antenna high low... high = low attenuation low = high attenuation weird nga eh baliktad.  High produced more snow sa HBO ko so I kept it in low.

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 04:41 PM »
actually sa akin walang high/low option :( saan ko ba makikita yun.. either on or off lang.. i enabled the attenuator and i still get the same snowy picture

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 05:04 PM »
actually sa akin walang high/low option :( saan ko ba makikita yun.. either on or off lang.. i enabled the attenuator and i still get the same snowy picture

Meron yan :) well sa alam ko dapat... baka iba ang firmware... same din naman... if the attenuation on off doesnt work it must be your cable connection na.

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Nov 07, 2003 at 01:31 AM »
Jpadua.. i did the ff:

Menu->TV->Channels->Antenna Attenuator and choices are on or off only. Help!

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 01:30 AM »
Any comments about the 29" matchline? Any problems? I am choosing between two models, one is a multisystem but 40 plus and another model which is not a multisystem but only 33T. I was going around this afternoon until I saw the JVC. I also like the video quality and features but after reading the JVC thread, I lost interest. I think Im going back to Philips or maybe a Sony. Someone told me that there is a problem with the matchline series but I cant recall. Im also looking at the 34 inch matchline being sold at Assorted Buy and Sell but I am having doubts with 2nd hand TV's.

Offline ots

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 08:06 AM »
what i remember about the posts on the pre-pixel plus matchlines was that the component inputs only accepted progressive signals.

question though: is there a difference between the matchline crts and the pixel plus? Is pixel plus just an upsampling circuitry displayed on the same picture tube?

The reason I ask this is that the 34" matchlines have vga inputs.   If your going the htpc route, this is a viable alternative since the 34" matchline costs less than the 29" pixel plus.

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 08:59 AM »
Jpadua.. i did the ff:

Menu->TV->Channels->Antenna Attenuator and choices are on or off only. Help!

hmm, Iba yan ah, I havent tried that.... what I did was
Menu->Setup->Install->Manual->Antenna - Low

Not exactly sure if thats the exact way to get there, basta I know its under install tapos manual then antenna low..

I'll try yours

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 09:12 AM »
ganyan din yung sa akin jay kaso snowy pa rin pag nanonood lang ako ng local tv channel

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 09:40 PM »
ganyan din yung sa akin jay kaso snowy pa rin pag nanonood lang ako ng local tv channel

Pag ayaw mo na iyan, ipadala mo sa akin dito sa haus para mapalitan ko na ang JVC ko.  ;D

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 10:35 PM »
what i remember about the posts on the pre-pixel plus matchlines was that the component inputs only accepted progressive signals.

question though: is there a difference between the matchline crts and the pixel plus? Is pixel plus just an upsampling circuitry displayed on the same picture tube?

The reason I ask this is that the 34" matchlines have vga inputs.   If your going the htpc route, this is a viable alternative since the 34" matchline costs less than the 29" pixel plus.

That is what I have read here. You mean all matchline without pixel plus have this problem? Im interested pa naman with the 34 inch elcid is selling or a brand new 29 inch matchline. Someone told me the HDTV matchline were the one affected, the ordinary matchline does not have this problem.

jpadua,

any idea on this? Thanks

levi

Offline boks

• Collector
  • DIE HARD
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Nov 09, 2003 at 01:48 PM »
levi,
I was also struggling when deciding between the matchline & pixel plus but IMHO the pixel plus will give you more satisfaction in the long run. I thought of its as more "future-proof" than the matchline.  ;)

BTW, does any of you fellow pixel plus owners notice the difference between Color Enhancement On/Off?  8)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 12:12 AM »
I went back again  to Abenson and western. This time I saw a prog scan Philips 29PT8321. The salesman said that it is a progressive for all inputs including Tuner. Tama ba yon? The Pixel Plus is way out of my budget but Im also looking at the non progressive because its only 38 and 33T. Do you think the price difference is worth for the progressive?

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 08:04 AM »
BTW, does any of you fellow pixel plus owners notice the difference between Color Enhancement On/Off?  8)

Yup, watch a DVD or a TV program, where there is a scene with a field of grass or something.  then switch the color enancement on and off, you'ld notice that the grass is more vibrant greener in otherwords than with color enhancement off.  Looks much better.

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 08:08 AM »
I went back again  to Abenson and western. This time I saw a prog scan Philips 29PT8321. The salesman said that it is a progressive for all inputs including Tuner. Tama ba yon? The Pixel Plus is way out of my budget but Im also looking at the non progressive because its only 38 and 33T. Do you think the price difference is worth for the progressive?

Ive read a lot of reviews saying that  the previous matchlines before the pixel plus were "sirain daw" and you might have a problem dealing with Philips service.

On the other hand, if all inputs are progressive, if you have a progressive scan DVD player then you dont have  a problem with that.  But I've looked at the previous HD matchlines na hindi pixel plus.  It has 2 component inputs (one non-progressive) and a vga input pang HD set top box (or HTPC) :) it really depends.  Make sure to check the back of the TV and look at all the inputs and have them test a DVD player and a Progressive DVD player... thats what I did sa ansons, they were kind enough naman to do test it for me.  So sa kabaitan  nila saakin I ended up getting the pixel plus from them... it pays to be a friendly sales person :D

Offline chronic

• Collector
  • I'm a lubie
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 08:54 AM »
medyo ot pero jackryan yung sa xbox kung kaya mag 720p why dont u use it for viewing dvd's in 720p mode?para matest

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 09:09 AM »
medyo ot pero jackryan yung sa xbox kung kaya mag 720p why dont u use it for viewing dvd's in 720p mode?para matest

Hi Pasingit lang :) all the progressive modes of the XBOX only works for games, when using the DVD software of the XBOX it switches back to non-progressive.  

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 11:15 AM »
is the pixelplus a multi-system? i've played a PAL disc but only got a black&white display.. are there any settings to activate it?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 10:35 PM »
Ive read a lot of reviews saying that  the previous matchlines before the pixel plus were "sirain daw" and you might have a problem dealing with Philips service.

On the other hand, if all inputs are progressive, if you have a progressive scan DVD player then you dont have  a problem with that.  But I've looked at the previous HD matchlines na hindi pixel plus.  It has 2 component inputs (one non-progressive) and a vga input pang HD set top box (or HTPC) :) it really depends.  Make sure to check the back of the TV and look at all the inputs and have them test a DVD player and a Progressive DVD player... thats what I did sa ansons, they were kind enough naman to do test it for me.  So sa kabaitan  nila saakin I ended up getting the pixel plus from them... it pays to be a friendly sales person :D

Thanks. Someone advised me that if I cant get the pixel plus then just get the cheaper Philips. For the 29 inch, the price difference is not worth the progressive scan ( I am not really particular about video) . I think I will just follow that and I will upgrade when the pixel plus price goes down.

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 04:01 AM »
is the pixelplus a multi-system? i've played a PAL disc but only got a black&white display.. are there any settings to activate it?
yes multi-system sya. bka naka ntsc ang default color system nya, gawin mo na lang na AUTO.  kung naka-AUTO na sya at ganun pa rin, check your dvd player baka hindi naka-auto (kung multi-system din sya).

Offline markymark

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 12:05 PM »
Levi,

Why not consider my offer dun sa assorted buy and sell? yung matchline III ko na 29" eh gud buy yun!  parang display unit lang sya kung tutuusin.  i send you a pm paki check na lang.. im markymark and kobebryant at the same time..

Thanks po

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 08:30 PM »
Thanks, Im also considering your offer including elcid's but Im still looking at brand new units also. If ever saan pala pwede kunin ang unit mo?

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Nov 12, 2003 at 06:00 PM »
Yrneh, sa service mode ba babaguhin yun COLOR system? i can't find it on any of the menus.

Guys, did Philips call you up for servicing after you purchased the TV? i'm kinda dissatisfied with their customer service.. bummer..

Offline diesel

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 05:45 PM »
sobrang crystal clear nung picture, parang 3-dimensional na nga.  8)
how can anyone love a pebble in their shoe?

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Nov 14, 2003 at 11:13 AM »
Yrneh, sa service mode ba babaguhin yun COLOR system? i can't find it on any of the menus.

Guys, did Philips call you up for servicing after you purchased the TV? i'm kinda dissatisfied with their customer service.. bummer..

Color System nasa menu lang, no need to go to service menu :) just leave it at auto and it will autodetect wether the incoming signal is NTSC or PAL