Author Topic: Hi bros! Hope someone here can help me on this one...  (Read 799 times)

Offline Jay Juan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi bros! Hope someone here can help me on this one...
« on: Dec 09, 2007 at 03:08 PM »
here's my problem..

- the set up
  I have a generic dvd/divx player which is connected to a 200 watts at 8 ohms (100watts /channel) amplifier. On the amplifier, there are two speakers connected to it which is rated at 10 watts at 4 ohms. Now here's the part where im puzzled at. I have an active subwoofer which is rated 50 watts. I want it to connect to my amplifier because connecting it to my generic dvd player do not give it enough "bass juice". Im just wondering if i can damage my amplifier or my subwoofer if I connected the source of my subwoofer to the speaker output of my amplifier (I'll connect it in series with the two 10 watts at 4 ohms speakers)?

and how many ohms are the signal coming from or to a composite audio?

Please help me guys...
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007 at 03:10 PM by Jay Juan »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Hi bros! Hope someone here can help me on this one...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2008 at 01:19 PM »
natural eventually masisira yan amp mu may mga corresponding input and output ang mga amp so better not to experiment on it unless gagamitin mu pang bara bara yang amp mu at u wont care kht masira.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi bros! Hope someone here can help me on this one...
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2008 at 03:03 PM »
here's my problem..

- the set up
  I have a generic dvd/divx player which is connected to a 200 watts at 8 ohms (100watts /channel) amplifier. On the amplifier, there are two speakers connected to it which is rated at 10 watts at 4 ohms. Now here's the part where im puzzled at. I have an active subwoofer which is rated 50 watts. I want it to connect to my amplifier because connecting it to my generic dvd player do not give it enough "bass juice". Im just wondering if i can damage my amplifier or my subwoofer if I connected the source of my subwoofer to the speaker output of my amplifier (I'll connect it in series with the two 10 watts at 4 ohms speakers)?

and how many ohms are the signal coming from or to a composite audio?

Please help me guys...

The LFE (Low Frequency Effects) output of your DVD player works IF there is an LFE channel encoded on your disc.  If not, you won't hear much subwoofer activity.  LFE is the not the same as a sub-out found in many receivers which is the filtered bass coming from the receiver's bass management circuitry.

If your active subwoofer has speaker level input, you can connect this directly to the speaker output of your amp, NOT the line level RCA input of your sub.   Also, most active subwoofers have a satellite speaker connection, that's where you connect your two 10-watt speakers.  I suppose you are exercising prudence not to crank up the volume considering the great disparity between your amp's power with that of your speakers.  It applies here as well.  I am also assuming your amplifier is not challenged to accept 4 ohm speakers.   Most amps can, just don't crank up the volume.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2008 at 03:05 PM by av_phile1 »