Author Topic: My Music System updated 03.09.2014  (Read 36189 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1144
Re: My Music System...updated 12.01.12 - Luxman L505V as a pre
« Reply #90 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 09:27 AM »
nyahehehe... ako na lang pala inaantay ni Jamo. sms kita bro. baka this coming monday kung pwede ka. daanan ko na rin yung new wave LP's ko kay tukayong Raffy aka. Blued sa makati afterwards.  kinukulam ko sarili ko into buying a TT and the LP's would be my final push para di na magpatumpik tumpik pa.  thanks in advance bro!

btw, musta center speakers ni sir mark aka. streetsmart?  big improvement ba? :)

it's bigger sounding and the quality of the audio specially dialogue has improved.  T/T? Dami dyan Kay Rene Rivo. Magsasawa ka dun kakapili at pag audition. The big problem there is that Rene sells a ton of other goodies as well like tube amps, integrateds etc. very tempting.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #91 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 09:37 AM »
it's bigger sounding and the quality of the audio specially dialogue has improved.  T/T? Dami dyan Kay Rene Rivo. Magsasawa ka dun kakapili at pag audition. The big problem there is that Rene sells a ton of other goodies as well like tube amps, integrateds etc. very tempting.

Bro hector, san shop ni sir Rene?
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #92 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 09:58 AM »
Rene's shop is at the back of cash and carry. Sa baba ng vinyl heads.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline Blackstar

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • DVD Guru
  • Generals gathered in their masses...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1545
« Reply #93 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
Bro hector, san shop ni sir Rene?

huli ka balbon!!! kelan tayo punta sister?!  hihihi. ;)
Music made me who I am today.

Offline Blackstar

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 10:55 AM »
Rene's shop is at the back of cash and carry. Sa baba ng vinyl heads.

thank you sir resident_evil. mapuntahan nga one of these days... :)

Offline Blackstar

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 11:01 AM »

nice to know that bro. congratulations on the improvement. siguro pag pumunta ako sa  shop ni Ka Rene eh dapat uminom ako ng anti-kulam at EQ-booster pills para makaiwas sa hakot. hehehe. ;D

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 11:29 AM »
huli ka balbon!!! kelan tayo punta sister?!  hihihi. ;)

Ahehehe, testing lang naman, baka may malanding na audio gear..intay intay lang ng bonus sis. Hehehe
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #97 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
Welcome back bro ;)

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 12:02 PM »
Hi Ricky...its been a while bro but the love and desire for this hobby still burns hot  :)
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Blackstar

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 12:54 PM »
Hi Ricky...its been a while bro but the love and desire for this hobby still burns hot  :)

may burning sensation ba bro? hmmm... di kaya skin disease na yan? hehehe.

Offline Blackstar

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 01:02 PM »
Ahehehe, testing lang naman, baka may malanding na audio gear..intay intay lang ng bonus sis. Hehehe

sige sis, pag may time punta tayo. timbrehan mo lang ako.  isama natin ang buong sisterhood and let's go gear hunting!  hihihi. ;D ;D

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
its been a lazy weekend for me which provided my a couple of hours to give the Luxman a stress test so to speak. no hiccups so far and the sound together with my usual suspects is very addicting. For a company to engrave something like "Ultimate High Fidelity" on its faceplate it sure means that they are proud and confident of the quality of their product. this thing is built like a tank.

fooled around as well this weekend with my Definitive Technologies Mythos 6's (which are for sale BTW) and installed them on my main stereo rig. Never thought that it would sound very good in Stereo application since I only used it in my bedroom powered by a Denon AVR however in hindsight its bigger brother the Mythos ST was highly rated by Stereophile back in 2007 when it was introduced in the 07 Consumer Electronics Show for...take note...musical application. its little brother which I have got has the same sonic DNA of its bigger brethren minus the active subs of the ST. The REL more than makes up for the low end but I had to jack up the crossover point to around 63Hz for seamless integration. will probably enjoy this configuration until I get to sell the Mythos. the Dynes get little air time these days.

Review by The Aboslute Sound:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/definitive-technology-mythos-five-loudspeaker-system/

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012 at 07:02 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Well...fast forward three weeks and the Mythos experiment in high quality 2 channel stereo is now part of my never ending Audio chapters. May it give countless hours of enjoyment to the new owner of the Definitive sound which I found to be very good as well in 2 channel application given its minuscule size.

a new suspect arrives un-announced...

Woke up last Sunday, opened PDVD and saw a model that I had the chance to listen to 6 years ago in the US. The one that I listened to back then in the US was priced way out of my league not to mention that the size will be costly to ship back here but the sound of its Hybrid set up utilizing a ribbon tweeter and a suite of Aluminum Drivers to match the exceptional speed of the ribbons and graced with an easy 93db @ 4ohm load to the amp made me want to own one someday.......that day came out of nowhere. The Bohlender Graebners are here now in my room.

Just a primer on these unique and somewhat rare birds...it is made by a company that specializes in Planar and Ribbon designs. Bohlender Graebner are still in business today and makes uber high end speakers for HT and Audio. The X3 which is what I got was once upon a time subcontracted.....Here in the Philippines!. As per sources  Dai-Ichi got the nod to manufacture the units in very limited numbers back in the mid to late 2000's and there was a time that they let go of export over runs in the local market. Some say its only 15 pairs that they sold locally...some say 20 pairs. We will never know now how many they made prior to Bohlender moving their assembly plant to China but not seeing one in Hifi stores here in Manila and not one being advertised for sale for years on end probably means that the numbers sold here is probably right. This may be one of the very few.

A review back then used in a 2 channel audio system:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_3/bohlender-graebener-radia-x3-speakers-8-2001.html

Fans of the dome tweeter set up may It be made of whatever material will find the sound somewhat recessed at the top end but the soundstage width it projects beats it by a country mile. It presents music in a very relaxing manner and is non fatiguing. Tube friendly as well due to its very easy to drive load. Physically it's tall and its build quality exudes top quality with its aluminum pillars integrated to the cabinets and metal mesh grilles to protect the unique and ultra fast drivers. It is heavy and the finish is quite good with its veneer though not as good as the Castle.

Currently the drawbacks that I noticed is the lack of low end but again that isn't a problem since the REL is there to help even things out. The highs may not be for everyone specially those who are accustomed already to listening uber detailed with extended high speakers but in hindsight and in my experience presentations that offer razor sharp definition sometimes results in fatigue. this one for me does not even if I listen to it for 5 hours straight. Another drawback is that this speaker requires you to sit and pay attention when its singing....meaning the on axis response (when positioned optimally) degrades as soon as you stand up. my bet is that the design of the tweeter contributes to this greatly. This speaker is a love it or hate it kind of love affair and in all honesty we are just getting to know each other.

To cut the long story short here it's is now. Proudly Philippine made: The Bohlender Graebner Radia X-3's. hope you like it guys...comments whether positive or negative are welcome. additional information re these speaker models are most welcome as well.

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012 at 08:50 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Pogi sir. Looks like build quality is top notch.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pogi sir. Looks like build quality is top notch.

yes Atty the build quality is top notch. Nag mukhang ordinary yung Dynes in terms of looks beside it pero iba pa din yung bigat ng Dyna hehehe.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012 at 09:11 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Blackstar

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Happy Holidays bro Hector.  Many more gears to come... ;D

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Merry Christmas to you as well Raffy. wishing you all the best
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Merry Christmas idol hector!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Merry Christmas Timi. May the audio gods bless your journey this 2013 just as they did in 2012.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
The little REL.....
« Reply #109 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 06:29 PM »
01.08.2013: Documenting another experiment in this journey. Finally had the chance to play with the newest member of the gang.....

It's ridiculously small and unassuming. One might think that it is a PC type subwoofer because of the size and that the power it gives out is puny but just by lifting its 45pound weight you realize that this is a serious piece of kit. it can literally shake everything in the room like a rag doll. Remember the Sunfire True Subwoofer? this is REL's version of that design but the Sunfire is geared for HT and this is more for Audio. it blends ultra seamlessly like its bigger brother Strata II. No boom...no bloat...no lag...only subterranean bass when the program material calls for it.

The Bad: since its bigger brother Strata II locks seamlessly with the room in its current position located at the left corner...the little 10 inch 400 watt Q201E sealed one doesn't want to play well when it's on the opposite corner. After 8 hours of constant positioning inch by inch and listening it finally locked in the room when it's positioned in the MIDDLE of my gear. Thus said will have to spend more time re-orienting the racks and components but as it is right now with the 26hz setting and 9:00 gain it plays stupendous bass with the Strata II. Another con...twin RELS shake the room to the point that I have to hunt and fix rattles from the light fixtures, doors, windows...that are 30 to 40 feet away. in short more work is needed to accommodate and contain the power that the brothers belt out. Will spend a whole lot of time tuning it still but for now the future looks not only bright...but deep...way down deep.

Thanks for visiting  :)

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Congrats sir! Do you use it for audio or HT?

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Beutiful lil bugger! Perfect for your audio. :)

Chief hector, are the b&w's yours or your fathers? I keep forgetting...
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Beutiful lil bugger! Perfect for your audio. :)

Chief hector, are the b&w's yours or your fathers? I keep forgetting...

Time sharing kami sa lahat ng gamit namin. hehe...inaantok ako dun sa Nautilus eh. Sya naman yun ang gusto nya..pampaantok. I tend to favor more dynamic speakers. That system is still down because the pre amp is acting up. Still under maintenance mode yun though malapit na daw magawa.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Time sharing kami sa lahat ng gamit namin. hehe...inaantok ako dun sa Nautilus eh. Sya naman yun ang gusto nya..pampaantok. I tend to favor more dynamic speakers. That system is still down because the pre amp is acting up. Still under maintenance mode yun though malapit na daw magawa.

Excited nako, dream ko talaga mapakinggan yung nautilus set up mo eh, looks pa lang ang pogi na eh. :)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Congrats sir! Do you use it for audio or HT?

audio Atty. I only use my HT if I'm lucky to have the time maybe at least twice a month or so.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Excited nako, dream ko talaga mapakinggan yung nautilus set up mo eh, looks pa lang ang pogi na eh. :)

Il inform you once makuha yung pre. If its too complex and will take a longer time to fix I might be forced to replace it with the Bryston pre for the meantime since its just in stand by mode in my cabinet.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Contours with the Rel sub?

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Contours with the Rel sub?

Yes sir. Using multiple RELs with the Contours. Nakuha ko na din sa wakas yung impact and dynamics na hanap ko with the 2 RELs as reinforcement to the Dynes.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Wow. I also heard an audio set up using dual Rels. Ibang klase.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Medyo sakit ng ulo lang I-tune Atty kasi dalawa and I dont have the convenience of using audyssey or any automated tuning device so old school approach pa ang kailangan. When I was using just one its very simple to integrate. Now with two the tendency is to play around with a lot of settings and positioning but instead of improving baka ma screwup pa pag sablay ang positioning and settings.
I think I got the location right already for both and as a starter setting the Strata is at 36hz and the Q201E is at 26hz. Will probably try to set at 45hz and 32hz tomorrow and see. Will experiment more when time allows.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat