Author Topic: Which Integrated Amp do you Prefer? - BADA Hybrid DC222 or Cayin A100T (KT88)?  (Read 10686 times)

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sir...

Audio is very subjective.  There is no best amp, speaker or source since our taste varies.  So does the equipment we match as well as our listening room.  To answer your question, we strongly suggest you conduct a direct A-B-A test in a controlled environment.  You basically use the same source, speakers, CD player and room and just switch the amp back and forth so that you get a scientific comparison.

We have a controlled listening room and we can offer it for you to do this side by side test if you want.  In fact we can even use an SPL meter to ensure that even the volume is maintained at the same level.  I am sure Sir Matz (who is also a friend) would be open to lend you an amp for one afternoon for this purpose.  You may also bring in your speakers if you want.  

At the end of the day... let your ears decide.  The item which plays music in your ears should be the best amp for you.  There is no better or worse product... but surely there is one product that is best for your ears.

Feel free to contact us any time so that we can arrange this for you.

Sir byron... you may text me at 09175360499 should you be interested in our offer so that we can set-up the room for you.  Thanks :)

Offline byron

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Audio and Video Phile Beginner
  • Liked:
Sir byron... you may text me at 09175360499 should you be interested in our offer so that we can set-up the room for you.  Thanks :)

Thank you sir Audio Amplified.  Will let you know as soon as I can spare the time to audition again.  I was there a few months back.  I auditioned pero paiba iba yung speaker sets.  maybe this time we can isolate.

I really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
Thank you sir Audio Amplified.  Will let you know as soon as I can spare the time to audition again.  I was there a few months back.  I auditioned pero paiba iba yung speaker sets.  maybe this time we can isolate.

I really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Yes, our set-up varies from time to time because our customers frequently requests different combinations.  Sometimes we also feature certain sets that we feel are the best matches.  Let us know ahead of time what you need so that we can properly set it up for you.  Best if you can bring your speakers or borrow amps that you would like to A-B so that we can conduct the test in a scientific manner.

Thanks again for your interest.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Mixing/matching a solid state amplification to a tube preamp stage

Thank you sir,...  :)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
It's correct that you start with speakers.  Because in my experience, I use Hybrid using Musika Pre Amp Design by Mang Rod and a CA1000 Integrated Amp (Power Amp Section Only).  It was good when I am using it with Wharf CR 40 - MCap modified xover.  However, when I switch to Fostex  166E in Voigt Pipe Abbey design cabinet, the details are very clear and open but quite sharper.  But after I switch to Solid State only or 2 watts SET, it is better..the voice became naturally clear and vice versa.

Thus, if you start with speakers it would be better.  Try Epos M5 or Hyperion HWS 586. ;)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline ash0279

• Collector
  • 1s = 1k
  • Liked:
Reviving this thread... just wondering what's the fair market value for a Bada DC-222 Hybrid amp (mint condition, acquired 2009) nowadays?  I have a friend offering it for swap on non-audio item, worth Php 12,000.00

inputs appreciated. thanks

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7225
Best to do home auditions with your speaker and amp of choice (if it can be arranged).  The most important thing is system and listening room synergy. It may well turn out that in your particular listening room, the Bada is better with speaker A while the Cayin better with speaker B.  So many permutations - but thats part of the fun with this hobby.

+1...audition, audition and more audition....only you can decide....
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....