Author Topic: Anchit's starter kit- NMT based set up scrapped-new 12/2011 hapgreyd  (Read 84558 times)

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Re: Anchit's starter kit- NMT based set up scrapped-new 12/2012 hapgreyd
« Reply #810 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 09:58 AM »
Dear Anchit,

Congrats on your audio set-up upgrade.

You now have a decent set-up and next is to tune up your system without spending much and changing gears.  Nelson is correct on the acoustic treatment and if you still have no budget, the first step is to study speaker placement for optimal sound reproduction.  Acoustic treatment can be done without spending by using your house furnishings to serve as absorbers, diffusers and bass traps.  There are even high end set-ups who use house furnishings for their acoustic treatment, like, indoor plants (plastic or natural), carpets, curtains, etc.  It's a matter of studying the basics of acoustics and the rest is creativity.

I think you now have a very good combination of gears.  I would recommend, if you are to purchase anything, would be the cables (interconnects and speaker cables).  Do not blame your gears yet until you have exhausted all efforts on the tweaks.

Another area that is fun to tinker with is the cartridge set-up of the turn table.  Take time to study on how to align the cart and once you are able to perfectly align it you will be amazed that even a cheap cart can sound good. A lot of isolation and vibration control techniques are out there in the internet and it's fun to play with.

Well..... study, study, study......that's my medicine against SARS and keeps me from looking at the market place...hehehehe.  Of course put some time on EBs and this is the best time to enjoy your gears...basta wag lang papakulam ;D ;D ;D.  By the time you are successful or tired of studying and tweaking, you have save some money for the next gear  ;D ;D ;D - Yes the aikido comes to mind...but since you already have the CJ ... the higher powered Gainclone comes to mind.  And also a tubed buffer.... 8)

Good luck and enjoy  :) :) :)

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #811 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM »
Congrats sir your new analog set-up! Ang magastos diyan eh yung plaka. ;D

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 01:00 PM »
Dear Anchit,

Congrats on your audio set-up upgrade.

You now have a decent set-up and next is to tune up your system without spending much and changing gears.  Nelson is correct on the acoustic treatment and if you still have no budget, the first step is to study speaker placement for optimal sound reproduction.  Acoustic treatment can be done without spending by using your house furnishings to serve as absorbers, diffusers and bass traps.  There are even high end set-ups who use house furnishings for their acoustic treatment, like, indoor plants (plastic or natural), carpets, curtains, etc.  It's a matter of studying the basics of acoustics and the rest is creativity.

I think you now have a very good combination of gears.  I would recommend, if you are to purchase anything, would be the cables (interconnects and speaker cables).  Do not blame your gears yet until you have exhausted all efforts on the tweaks.

Another area that is fun to tinker with is the cartridge set-up of the turn table.  Take time to study on how to align the cart and once you are able to perfectly align it you will be amazed that even a cheap cart can sound good. A lot of isolation and vibration control techniques are out there in the internet and it's fun to play with.

Well..... study, study, study......that's my medicine against SARS and keeps me from looking at the market place...hehehehe.  Of course put some time on EBs and this is the best time to enjoy your gears...basta wag lang papakulam ;D ;D ;D.  By the time you are successful or tired of studying and tweaking, you have save some money for the next gear  ;D ;D ;D - Yes the aikido comes to mind...but since you already have the CJ ... the higher powered Gainclone comes to mind.  And also a tubed buffer.... 8)

Good luck and enjoy  :) :) :)

HI Sir Joey, maraming salamat for these tips Mukhang I now have the real entry level system, and I must say that I am very happy with the new purchases and I don’t plan to upgrade/replace any of them in at laest 1 year. It took me 1+ years din naman before changing my previous gears, when I can somehow say na “ ah familiar at kabisado ko na nga sya”, rather than blindly jumping in sa band wagon or dahil wala lang. ;) So for this current set up, mukhang matatagalan pa ulit.

Yes sir tama nga po kayo my next plan is to have some sort of treatment, medyo limited kasi sa space kaya baka yung mga wallmounted/hanged absorbers lang ang pwede ko gawin.

Again, thank you so much for taking time sa pag payo sir. 
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 01:14 PM »
Congrats sir your new analog set-up! Ang magastos diyan eh yung plaka. ;D

tama sir! lalo na pag sealed at 180grams!

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #814 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
Please do take note that the older presses sounds better than the new presses.  One major factor is the quality of the vinyl.  I have noticed that new presses uses recycled vinyl and are easily prone to warping and static.  There are a lot of sources for pre-owned at 1/5 the price of new presses.  You just need to give time for hunting.  Anyway if its a hobby then hunting should be a very good experience.

tama sir! lalo na pag sealed at 180grams!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #815 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 04:05 PM »
HI Sir Joey, maraming salamat for these tips Mukhang I now have the real entry level system, and I must say that I am very happy with the new purchases and I don’t plan to upgrade/replace any of them in at laest 1 year. It took me 1+ years din naman before changing my previous gears, when I can somehow say na “ ah familiar at kabisado ko na nga sya”, rather than blindly jumping in sa band wagon or dahil wala lang. ;) So for this current set up, mukhang matatagalan pa ulit.

Yes sir tama nga po kayo my next plan is to have some sort of treatment, medyo limited kasi sa space kaya baka yung mga wallmounted/hanged absorbers lang ang pwede ko gawin.

probably the cheapest thing you can do that may have good effect

takpan mo ng thick towel yung salamin sa wall mo pag nakikinig ka

in my experience, i liked the RS1 when toed in.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 04:24 PM »
probably the cheapest thing you can do that may have good effect

takpan mo ng thick towel yung salamin sa wall mo pag nakikinig ka

in my experience, i liked the RS1 when toed in.

salamat, pagnagkaroon ng oras kalikutin ng husto ang mga bagong gears makikita naten, ;D right now super busy sa prep ng kasal eh

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
salamat, pagnagkaroon ng oras kalikutin ng husto ang mga bagong gears makikita naten, ;D right now super busy sa prep ng kasal eh

Kung ikakasal ka, I suggest pasulat ka ng pre-nup agreement kay Barrister. Future wife should never interfere in AV hobby of future husband, including ugly room treatment.  ;D ;D
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #818 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 04:55 PM »

Lemme quote you lang for the record.

;D  ;D

The more you need room treatment in tight small rooms.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 04:57 PM »
Kung ikakasal ka, I suggest pasulat ka ng pre-nup agreement kay Barrister. Future wife should never interfere in AV hobby of future husband, including ugly room treatment.  ;D ;D

hahaha mukhang hindi naman kailangan sir mark, supportive si fiance hihihihi basta ang alam nya sa price, 20% lang ng actual price ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #820 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 09:25 PM »
hahaha mukhang hindi naman kailangan sir mark, supportive si fiance hihihihi basta ang alam nya sa price, 20% lang ng actual price ;D
sa simula lang yan, i learned that the hard way!  :D

syempre joke lang yun anchit :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:10 PM »
sa simula lang yan, i learned that the hard way!  :D

syempre joke lang yun anchit :D

nyahaha i sense some bitterness! ;D hehe sana nga hindi magbago. nagrerequest pa nga ng vinyls na hanapin ko eh, kung alam nya lang na hindi tupayb ang bili ko sa TT at hindi "napanalunan sa xmas party" yung rs1 for sure boljak ako nyahaha

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM »
pero siempre baka mabanggit ni sir Hebrew/Eric ke misis na pinsan ng gf ko hehehe atin atin lang sir Eric ha ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 04:27 AM »
uy joke lang talaga yun, dapat talaga alam ng mga partners natin ang hobby natin  :)
ako nung mag pb12, dual pb12, ultra, and now dual sb12, lahat yun alam nya.  at lahat yun pinaliwanag ko yung advantage and disadvantage.  kaya nga nauwi sa dual sb12 kasi pinaliwanag ko yung weakness ng sb12 (syempre may halong quotes galing sa mga advice ni mikec ;D )
ito pala pinaka-importante sa lahat, sinasabi ko "kung ayaw mo iwanan kita, wala pakialaman ng trip"  ;D :D
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2011 at 04:28 AM by ninjababez® »
ninjababez online ..

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 07:55 AM »
uy joke lang talaga yun, dapat talaga alam ng mga partners natin ang hobby natin  :)
ako nung mag pb12, dual pb12, ultra, and now dual sb12, lahat yun alam nya.  at lahat yun pinaliwanag ko yung advantage and disadvantage.  kaya nga nauwi sa dual sb12 kasi pinaliwanag ko yung weakness ng sb12 (syempre may halong quotes galing sa mga advice ni mikec ;D )
ito pala pinaka-importante sa lahat, sinasabi ko "kung ayaw mo iwanan kita, wala pakialaman ng trip"  ;D :D

Noted.  ;D Bookmarked for future use.  :D

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 09:57 AM »

hahaha masasabi ko naman yan pero sundot agad ng "joke lang, di naman mabiro" ;) tomorrow civil wedding, so today is my last day of being a bachelor. ;)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #826 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
hahaha masasabi ko naman yan pero sundot agad ng "joke lang, di naman mabiro" ;) tomorrow civil wedding, so today is my last day of being a bachelor. ;)

OT - brader anchit, congratulations sa latest upgrade mo -- from bachelor 3.0 to married 1.0 :)
nice gears.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2011 at 09:59 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Anchit's starter kit- NMT based set up scrapped-new 12/2011 hapgreyd
« Reply #827 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 08:24 PM »
 Kaya pala inunahan mo na sa pag-shopping ng gears brader, husay ng strategy  :D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM »
OT - brader anchit, congratulations sa latest upgrade mo -- from bachelor 3.0 to married 1.0 :)
nice gears.

Teka, parang downgrade ang dating neto...  ;)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM »
Kaya pala inunahan mo na sa pag-shopping ng gears brader, husay ng strategy  :D

Hehe ganun Na nga!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 04:11 AM »

congratulations bro anchit!  :)

nice gears.
madalas ang firmware update married 1.0, marami kasing adjustment sa system, pero once magkaroon na ng stable patch (kid) madalas smooth na  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 01:59 PM »
Signed, sealed and delivered!

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 02:20 PM »
Congrats! ;)

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #833 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
pero siempre baka mabanggit ni sir Hebrew/Eric ke misis na pinsan ng gf ko hehehe atin atin lang sir Eric ha ;D

No problem yan sir anchit. Dont worry, I understand. Ganyan din ako hindi ko sinasabi actual price pay may bibilhin ako na gears kay esmi mapa-Audio/HT or camera gears  ;D and style ko, sinasabi ko in-advance yung gusto kong bilhin para alam na nya at as of now, wala pa naman nagiging problema sa WAF  ;) Congrats again sa new gears and take it easy sa wedding preps. Toxic talaga ang mag plan ng wedding, habang tumatagal dumadami ang naiisip na idagdag sa wedding.  :)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #834 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 02:28 PM »
Congrats bro :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM »
Signed, sealed and delivered!
congrats bro, keep the receipt for warranty purpose
7 days replacement  ;D ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM »
No problem yan sir anchit. Dont worry, I understand. Ganyan din ako hindi ko sinasabi actual price pay may bibilhin ako na gears kay esmi mapa-Audio/HT or camera gears  ;D and style ko, sinasabi ko in-advance yung gusto kong bilhin para alam na nya at as of now, wala pa naman nagiging problema sa WAF  ;) Congrats again sa new gears and take it easy sa wedding preps. Toxic talaga ang mag plan ng wedding, habang tumatagal dumadami ang naiisip na idagdag sa wedding.  :)

hehehe salamat sir. :) medyo di lang maenjoy right now kasi iba ang focus.

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #838 on: Dec 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM »
Merry Christmas!!!

Hey, that's my bike!

Offline Cjtjader