Author Topic: Toshiba or Samsung LCD?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mac_mini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Toshiba or Samsung LCD?
« on: Dec 02, 2008 at 11:55 PM »
My friend is going to get a 46 inch LCD. What is better? Toshiba 46X3500 or Samsung 46A650? He will be using it for watching cable TV 90% and 10% blueray, dvd and wii. What's your advise guys? Plasma is not an option for him. I don;t know why he doesn't want a plasma. Cable TV is his priority

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Toshiba or Samsung LCD?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:22 AM »
My friend is going to get a 46 inch LCD. What is better? Toshiba 46X3500 or Samsung 46A650? He will be using it for watching cable TV 90% and 10% blueray, dvd and wii. What's your advise guys? Plasma is not an option for him. I don;t know why he doesn't want a plasma. Cable TV is his priority

Between the two and if it's 90% cable I'd go for the Samsung, less pixelated over the Tosh when it comes to regular channel viewing.

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:33 AM »
Between the two and if it's 90% cable I'd go for the Samsung, less pixelated over the Tosh when it comes to regular channel viewing.

thanks for your comment. But on blueray the toshiba is better? He doesn't want a unit that won't perform well on blueray also. He sort of wants the best of everything hahaha

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:45 AM »
thanks for your comment. But on blueray the toshiba is better? He doesn't want a unit that won't perform well on blueray also. He sort of wants the best of everything hahaha

I'd still go for the Samsung A650, I don't have this unit personally but a friend of mine has it and the DNLE pro engine gives you very good colors. It still has the Sammy trademark of being overly bright but a little tweak via calibration will do the trick! The A650 is a top runner at Cnet based on reviews, hope this helps.

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:47 AM »
Thanks carlo777. Now he's asking if it is worth the extra money in getting the series 7? 50k vs 70k contrast ratio daw

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:49 AM »
Thanks carlo777. Now he's asking if it is worth the extra money in getting the series 7? 50k vs 70k contrast ratio daw

Now for the series 7? I guess not unless he wants to be the first to tell us the quirks of the t.v ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:59 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline red_one

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:06 AM »

get the series 8. :)

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:16 AM »
get the series 8. :)

I subscribe to the samsung newsletter.  It tells of soon to be released technology.  I probably should keep this a secret but being released on Dec 10 is the Sammy Diamond series 21.  It has its own teleporter.  It will be showed at ansons in Makati and then sold at auction three days later.  This is the one you need! ;)

But seriously, the Sammy 650 series has the same technology as the series 8 and 9.  Only difference is the Dynamic contrast. In my opinion the sammy series 6 is enough to keep most everyone happy unless you have money to burn or flush down the toilet.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 10:09 AM »
I subscribe to the samsung newsletter.  It tells of soon to be released technology.  I probably should keep this a secret but being released on Dec 10 is the Sammy Diamond series 21.  It has its own teleporter.  It will be showed at ansons in Makati and then sold at auction three days later.  This is the one you need! ;)

But seriously, the Sammy 650 series has the same technology as the series 8 and 9.  Only difference is the Dynamic contrast. In my opinion the sammy series 6 is enough to keep most everyone happy unless you have money to burn or flush down the toilet.

I agree. I did some research last night and I think series 6 is the most bang for the buck unit. Series 7 is also good of you are willing to spend extra. But Series 8? It's virtually a thinner clone of the series 7. I believe thay will charge a ridiculous price for the series 8 slimmer profile.

Offline james6262002

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 05:38 PM »
what about series 4 vs series 6? malaki b diff? my prob is i want a series 5 but hindi kasya eh mahal naman sbra ata series 6

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose IƱigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 05:47 AM »
what about series 4 vs series 6? malaki b diff? my prob is i want a series 5 but hindi kasya eh mahal naman sbra ata series 6

malaki price diff sir ng 4 at 6... full HD na kasi series 6