Author Topic: Hi there, series 5 users!  (Read 1405 times)

Offline d3CaL08

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi there, series 5 users!
« on: Feb 08, 2009 at 08:56 AM »
Just got my 32a550 yesterday, wohoo!

Thanks to sacred cow for pointing me to this forum, Sir Nemesis and Sir E-reply, and all the members here ^__^

Some questions:

General:
Anything I could do to make my cable watching better? (external devices etc)
(I've still yet to buy a cable to hook my CPU to it, questions about this later)

Settings:
Any decent calibration/settings I could follow to tweak the TV (for cable viewing and watching movies)
Is there a way to store multiple calibration/settings and switch between them easily?
What are these things under Picture > Picture Options?
 -Digital NR
 -DNIe (disabled)
 -HDMI Black Level (disabled)
 -Movie Plus
 -Blue Only Mode
What are these things under Setup?
 -Melody
 -Entertainment
 -Energy Saving

Maintenance:
When should I take off the sticker on the TV? lol
Do I need to cover up the TV when not in use? With what?
Proper cleaning of the panel/outside of the panel
Are there things i should not put near the TV? (CPU, other electrical devices)

Also, other Tips and Tricks?

Im wondering if I should buy a component cable for my PS2, or just wait for PS3 (planning to buy one)

Thanks ^_^

EDIT:
BTW, how can you know what's the firmware of the TV? I read that it's supposed to be located at menu > setup > and plug and play > highlight SW setup and press info. but theres no SW setup.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2009 at 10:26 AM by d3CaL08 »

Offline PucciniFlavio

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Hi there, series 5 users!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2009 at 01:51 PM »
UP for this..

Heres some question to add up...
how can i connect my HT speakers to my PS3 system using hdmi cable.. do i need something? cables? etc...
As of the moment im using 2 HDMI cables in my 32A550P1 1st is for PS3 2nd output (hdmi) is for my HTIB
the only problem i got is i cant seem to figure out how to use my HTIB speakers for my PS3..

As for u bro.. heres some tips and experience on 32A550
as for the maintenance put atleast 3 inch of space at the back of ur tv(if not wallmounted) pra d xa maxado maginit, same to ur htib,
for settings, I still use default only add dynamic contrast to max power saver off and dynamic reso..
im still w8ting for sir carlo777 for the calibration tips..xD ;D
for ur catv viewing..
i set mine in america signal then auto store then edit sound to M then u'll notice from black & white will turn colored.. i heard that if u buy cable boosters it will somehow improve ur signals so in result ull have a more fine catv viewing.. havnt tried though(penny problems) haha...

Anyway.. if theres anyone who can share us thier personal settings.. pls do post here.. ty!
Come as you are!

Offline ianroy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 06:44 PM »
^ Bro, buy an OPTICAL CABLE (bought mine from Ace Hardware for P250), and use it to connect your receiver to the ps3. You cannot connect the HTIB using an HDMI cable as the receiver does not have HDMI in. Not unless we have different HTIBs. I only have the Samsung HTZ-210. HTH.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 08:51 PM »

Anything I could do to make my cable watching better?
Answer: get a signal booster for your cable

Any decent calibration/settings I could follow to tweak the TV (for cable viewing and watching movies)
answer: spyder color meter is the best i belive for accuracy

Is there a way to store multiple calibration/settings and switch between them easily?
answer: series 5 comes with 4 modes/settings that you can save with i belive

-Digital NR <-- attempts to make analog channels look better, turn off for digital sources
 -DNIe (disabled) <--- basically, upscaling capabilities of the tv + more... i nromally turn it on for low res video and off for high def video
 -HDMI Black Level (disabled) - depends on your HDMI source... best to try both modes and see which you prefer.. I normally keep it on by default
 -Movie Plus - makes fast moving scenes more fluid... i keep it on by default
 -Blue Only Mode - test mode... keep it off

-Melody - music when you turn on and off the tv.. i think.. i keep it on
 -Entertainment - forgot.. i keep it off
 -Energy Saving - power saving mode.. i keep it off

answer:  On day 1

answer: depends on your environment, i personally dont use a cover.. cause i dont have many people passingby that might smudge the tv

answer: its suggested in the manual.. i belive its cloth with small amounts of certain liquid

answer: big magnets... for purists anything that can cause distortion.. personally for me tv is top of rack so everything else is below it.

answer: Get a dedicated HT, speakes on series 5 sucks

Im wondering if I should buy a component cable for my PS2, or just wait for PS3 (planning to buy one)
get a cheap component cable.. 200-300 pesos i believe...

Thanks ^_^

EDIT:
BTW, how can you know what's the firmware of the TV? I read that it's supposed to be located at menu > setup > and plug and play > highlight SW setup and press info. but theres no SW setup.

answer.... i actually have no idea.. forgot to finish fiddling with that part with my tv :P
will look into it when i have time.

Just got my 32a550 yesterday, wohoo!

Thanks to sacred cow for pointing me to this forum, Sir Nemesis and Sir E-reply, and all the members here ^__^

Some questions:

General:
Anything I could do to make my cable watching better? (external devices etc)
(I've still yet to buy a cable to hook my CPU to it, questions about this later)

Settings:
 -Digital NR
 -DNIe (disabled)
 -HDMI Black Level (disabled)
 -Movie Plus
 -Blue Only Mode
 -Melody
 -Entertainment
 -Energy Saving

Maintenance:

Thanks ^_^

EDIT:
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline temmy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2009 at 01:54 PM »
when should i have the unit calibrated? after using it after 100 hours? is there such a thing?  what setting should i use in the meantime? standard/default only or can I change the setting?  thanks.

Offline arvin_dp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2009 at 08:00 PM »
when should i have the unit calibrated? after using it after 100 hours? is there such a thing?  what setting should i use in the meantime? standard/default only or can I change the setting?  thanks.

you can have the unit calibrated as soon as you get your TV or you can calibrate it yourself. the 100 hours burn in is only for plasma tvs if im not mistaken. as far as the settings are concerned, let your eyes decide to your preference. that's my 2 cents.  :)

Offline temmy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM »
you can have the unit calibrated as soon as you get your TV or you can calibrate it yourself. the 100 hours burn in is only for plasma tvs if im not mistaken. as far as the settings are concerned, let your eyes decide to your preference. that's my 2 cents.  :)

thanks!  :)

Offline d3CaL08

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 07:57 PM »
Thanks for the responses. Gonna wait for the calibration tips too ^_^

anyway, could anyone help out with this resolution problem?
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=92233.msg964203#msg964203

Thanks

Offline ianclarito

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 09:31 AM »
thanks for the information guys.  ;D

got my 32a550 last december, and will probably request calibration within the next 2 weeks.