Author Topic: Panasonic AX-100E  (Read 27462 times)

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Panasonic AX-100E
« Reply #90 on: Feb 14, 2007 at 05:08 PM »
More shots.

Below the screen is my 28" widescreen tv.

Offline macvil7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 15, 2007 at 08:07 PM »
i asked Arman to post his contact info. kaya lang mukhang hindi pa siya nakaka-register  ;D

was able to know AVCP thru the threadstarter, du1mij. thanks ulit :)

anyways, the contact info:
Arman C. Pescasio
     AVCP Trading Systems International
     +63(2) 535-7363; +63(2) 533-4415 (office)
     +63(917) 534-3911 (mobile)

ask nyo lang for the address :)

Address of AVCP:

Office: Unit 201B 496 Barangka Drive Mandaluyong City
Showroom: Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City (between UCPB and Jollibee, in front of Shell) near 9 de Pebrero

Check out his showroom for other exciting products!  ;D

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
Just wanna share the three major reasons kaya pj ang binili ko and why specifically an ax100:

1) Bigger WOW!! viewing than LCD
2) Almost half the price difference than just a 42" LCD
3) Same features with an LCD (mas maganda pa nga minsan)
4) Space saving yet bigger screen
5) Better Power consumption
5) Best after sales service

Teka muna . . . lima na yun ah.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline du1mij

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 11:48 PM »
Just wanna share the three major reasons kaya pj ang binili ko and why specifically an ax100:

1) Bigger WOW!! viewing than LCD
2) Almost half the price difference than just a 42" LCD
3) Same features with an LCD (mas maganda pa nga minsan)
4) Space saving yet bigger screen
5) Better Power consumption
5) Best after sales service

Teka muna . . . lima na yun ah.  ;D ;D ;D

Actually boss, anim na... ;D

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 05:14 AM »
Actually boss, anim na... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D oo nga no.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 11:49 PM »
selfish pero....

ikaw ang magdedecide kung ano gusto mong panoorin at kailan ka manonood hehehe

di tulad sa tv/plasma/lcd...kung gusto mong manood ng dvd e makikipag-agawan ka pa sa misis mo o sa anak mo kasi manonood sila ng telenovela o cartoons. di tulad sa pj na most probably e ikaw lang ang pwedeng gumamit, makikinuod lang sila  ;D

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 06:06 AM »
selfish pero....

ikaw ang magdedecide kung ano gusto mong panoorin at kailan ka manonood hehehe

di tulad sa tv/plasma/lcd...kung gusto mong manood ng dvd e makikipag-agawan ka pa sa misis mo o sa anak mo kasi manonood sila ng telenovela o cartoons. di tulad sa pj na most probably e ikaw lang ang pwedeng gumamit, makikinuod lang sila  ;D

That's the reason why I bought 2 tv's. One below the pj and one in our room. Para walang agawan and they won't say I'm selfish.  ;D

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 08:50 AM »
I had the pleasure of calibrating an Ax100 a few days back and found that indeed it can output close to 2000 lumens at its dynamic setting. The tradeoff here is that the color temperature is WAY OFF the D65 color temperature for an accurate greyscale calibration. Cinema 2 also has a lot of punch but the color temperature is around 8500 kelvin. Cinema 1  is at 7200k and is only 700k from the ideal 6504k.

Calibrating an LCD device will almost always decrease its light output. In the cinema 1 setting(best), calibrating for d65 resulted in a decrease in light output to around 400 lumens which is still good which translate to  around 12 footlamberts for a 106 inch screen. Therefore, for good and accurate color use cinema 1.

The reason why the color temperature is high is that the RED channel is not as bright as the blue and green channel. Most of the time, blue and sometimes green should be reduced because red is already at its peak operating capacity. Reducing blue and green decreases the output of these channels that is why the total calibrated lumens will almost always be lower than when you started.

Things to consider when you setup this projector:

- at full wide mode =2000 lumens at full tele mode =1100 lumens(dynamic)
- cinema 1 has the best color out of the box at 7200k at 100 ire(600 lumens)
-use dynamic(most light output) for sporting events and not for movies.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2007 at 07:40 AM by alvinthx2 »
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #98 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 01:11 PM »
What store offers the lowest price for this unit today?  ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 07:17 PM »
Hi Jerix,

I got my AX100 from SGTuazon for a very good price. Try giving him a call 813-84-43. :)

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 08:15 AM »
bro Compaq thanx for the info..
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 08:01 AM »
does this upscales from 480p to 720p through HDMI only? tnx

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 09:11 PM »
does this upscales from 480p to 720p through HDMI only? tnx

It has to do that so that you will use all of the available pixels of the Pj. but its better if you feed it 480i via HDMI so that the de-interlacing is also done by the PJ. Unless you have the Denon flagship player or the value for money Oppo digital unit, I would feed it 480i instead of 720p from any other upscaling dvd player.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 03:51 PM »
Bro Alvinthx2 im only using a component for now and the source is my pio 676 progressive. is the signal upscaled to 720?  ::)
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2007 at 09:33 AM by jerix »

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Apr 22, 2007 at 08:16 PM »
hi guys. i just got my ax-100 from listening room last night.  :D

you guys know someone who can calibrate it for me?
ako si dobermaxx, DA LOVE MACHINE!

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 07:36 AM »
Bro Alvinthx2 im only using a component for now and the source is my pio 676 progressive. is the signal upscaled to 720?  ::)

There's one sure way of knowing which you should use 720p from the pio676 or 480i comp[nent  via pio 676, is to use the HQV test disc. From what I have been reading, the PJ should do the deinterlacing and scaling therefore feeding it 480i via component is better than the 720p output from the pio

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 07:52 AM »
hi guys. i just got my ax-100 from listening room last night.  :D

you guys know someone who can calibrate it for me?

It depends on what TYPE of calibration you need. A DVD test disc can help you adjust the 5 essential and common controls to achieve a very viewable picture. It will not change the Greyscale tracking of your PJ but it will very good already. As I have stated earlier, the color temperature of this PJ is around 7200k at cinema1 mode which is close to the 6504k ideal temperature. Now if you want to go a step further, you need TRUE Greyscale calibration that will lower your temperature to D65 daylight. The software and the probe cost $4500 and doing this is quite expensive but it will set your PJ from the rest :D

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 09:18 AM »
There's one sure way of knowing which you should use 720p from the pio676 or 480i comp[nent  via pio 676, is to use the HQV test disc. From what I have been reading, the PJ should do the deinterlacing and scaling therefore feeding it 480i via component is better than the 720p output from the pio

I discovered that my pio 676 can actually upscale to 576i and the video image is excellent --  ;D

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 12:29 PM »
It depends on what TYPE of calibration you need. A DVD test disc can help you adjust the 5 essential and common controls to achieve a very viewable picture. It will not change the Greyscale tracking of your PJ but it will very good already. As I have stated earlier, the color temperature of this PJ is around 7200k at cinema1 mode which is close to the 6504k ideal temperature. Now if you want to go a step further, you need TRUE Greyscale calibration that will lower your temperature to D65 daylight. The software and the probe cost $4500 and doing this is quite expensive but it will set your PJ from the rest :D

um, you where i can get a DVD test disc? ???

i just need a basic calibration.

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Apr 24, 2007 at 03:21 PM »
um, you where i can get a DVD test disc? ???

i just need a basic calibration.

Available disc are:

Avia and Avia pro
Digital Video essentials   dvd and Hd-dvd edition
Sound and Vision Home theatre tune up

You can ask listening in style or any other reputable av stores. If they don't have it buy it from AMAZON

Offline dayday

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Apr 24, 2007 at 06:27 PM »
Just my two cents worth.

I had the privilege of having my AX-100 calibrated by alvinthx2.  He generously agreed to give up one of his saturday afternoons and travel all the way from Pampanga .  Previously it was calibrated by someone else using a dvd test disc.  My Pioneer 969 was then used to upscale the video to 1080i and I thought at the time that the video was already great looking. But after alvinthx2 did his grayscale calibration, the difference was phenomenal (IMHO and everyone else who has had a chance to watch in my set-up).  And this was using only the 480i output of my Pioneer. 

He also brought his HD-DVD player and so we were able to compare what the output of my PJ would be with HD-DVD.  While HD is HD, IMHO parang di na ganoon kalayo ang difference  ;D.

Before calibrating my PJ, he even tweaked my audio system too.  The equipment and software that he used were beyond my comprehension (and wallet of course).

After what he did, it was and continues to be like having a new dvd collection since all the movies look so much better.  A totally new and rewarding experience. 

I am really sorry alvinthx2 if you will now be deluged with similar requests :)
PT-AE8000, Marantz7702, Samsung7500, N9000ESx2, AMC 2N100-5, CP-6311, X-616, S-520x4, Concept Subx2

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Apr 24, 2007 at 10:08 PM »
Just my two cents worth.

I had the privilege of having my AX-100 calibrated by alvinthx2.  He generously agreed to give up one of his saturday afternoons and travel all the way from Pampanga .  Previously it was calibrated by someone else using a dvd test disc.  My Pioneer 969 was then used to upscale the video to 1080i and I thought at the time that the video was already great looking. But after alvinthx2 did his grayscale calibration, the difference was phenomenal (IMHO and everyone else who has had a chance to watch in my set-up).  And this was using only the 480i output of my Pioneer. 

He also brought his HD-DVD player and so we were able to compare what the output of my PJ would be with HD-DVD.  While HD is HD, IMHO parang di na ganoon kalayo ang difference  ;D.

Before calibrating my PJ, he even tweaked my audio system too.  The equipment and software that he used were beyond my comprehension (and wallet of course).

After what he did, it was and continues to be like having a new dvd collection since all the movies look so much better.  A totally new and rewarding experience. 

nakakainggit naman. ;D

i guess a basic calbration will have to do. *sigh*

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:22 AM »
Just my two cents worth.

You're a lucky guy bro!  ;D

How i wish too...
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:24 AM by jerix »

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 01:27 AM »
guys, i need help. :'(

the guys from listening room came and installed the ceiling mount for my ax100. i'm not happy at all at the result. the picture is off center and slanted. (or tabingi.  :P)

plus, the mount seems too wobbly for my comfort.

help please. i'm desperate. :'(

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 12:02 PM »
bro try to adjust through your lense shift. If not enough then go to your keystone.  ;)

"THIS APPARATUS MUST BE EARTHED"
btw, users how is this EARTHING done.? ::)

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 03:47 PM »
bro try to adjust through your lense shift. If not enough then go to your keystone.  ;)

"THIS APPARATUS MUST BE EARTHED"
btw, users how is this EARTHING done.? ::)

Your PJ should be physically squared to your screen and only then should you adjust your lens shift option. Keystone adjustment should only be used as a last resort as it degrades picture quality.

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 09:49 PM »
guys, do you know where i can get a good ceiling mount? what i have now is the pm-150 ceiling mount and i don't like it.

i'm looking for something like this:

http://www.projectormountstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=76

any ideas?

Offline purple_jedi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM »
Check out Sights and Sounds Shangrila. Mr. Victor Chua might have this.

guys, do you know where i can get a good ceiling mount? what i have now is the pm-150 ceiling mount and i don't like it.

i'm looking for something like this:

http://www.projectormountstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=76

any ideas?

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:57 PM »
Check out Sights and Sounds Shangrila. Mr. Victor Chua might have this.

thank you! ;D

i'll go there tomorrow. :D

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 03:14 PM »
According to what ive read 720p pj will be better if keystone correction remain untouched/unadjusted. I want to follow the principle so my pj is placed dead center the screen. I am considering hooking this up because it is presently staying on top of my PC table and i cant move the couched in front of my pc. if it is ceiling mounted, i can easily move the couch but to have an extension of the mount to remain in the same level.

Based on the level of my DIY screen the pj seems to be too low already and maybe annoying. I am still thinking to ceiling mount my PJ but not to follow the "No keystone" principle.

Thus, i want really to know how owners position their AX100 in relation to the screen.  ::)