Author Topic: Panasonic AX-100E  (Read 27471 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Panasonic AX-100E
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2007 at 10:48 AM »
what is displayed in the signal mode of my ax100 is 576p -- is this indicating that the source (dvd player) is sending 576p signal, rather than an indication of the output from the ax100?
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2007 at 12:31 PM »
576p is PAL progressive, look at your initial setup options. Your output is progressive therefore the player is doing the processing. Try to select the 480i/576i mode. Upon selection,the deinterlacer/scaler of the ax100 will do the rest of the work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007 at 12:33 PM by alvinthx2 »
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2007 at 12:37 PM »
576p is PAL progressive, look at your initial setup options. Your output is progressive therefore the player is doing the processing. Try to select the 480i/576i mode. Upon selection,the deinterlacer/scaler of the ax100 will do the rest of the work.

Hmm thanks for the info bro -- ill have something to discover tonight  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline hardcorex

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2007 at 04:20 PM »
Thanks for sharing your wisdom alvinthx2.

When my Pio696 is set to 480i the AX100 also shows 480i as input.  However, the pic is very poor compared to 720p setting for the Pio.  I don't think it is being upscaled by the AX100

Is there any setting I should do with the AX100 so it can output 720p even if the Pio696 is feeding 480i?

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2007 at 07:21 AM »
Thanks for sharing your wisdom alvinthx2.

When my Pio696 is set to 480i the AX100 also shows 480i as input.  However, the pic is very poor compared to 720p setting for the Pio.  I don't think it is being upscaled by the AX100

Is there any setting I should do with the AX100 so it can output 720p even if the Pio696 is feeding 480i?

All Digital displays will upscale or downscale if it is not fed its native resolution(720p for the AX100). when you feed it 480i or even 480p, the AX100 will upscale it internally to 720p. The raw signal is 480i for DVD therefore you want a 480i signal to eliminate the redundant processing in the video chain. You might consider calibrating your set with a Calibration disc and go from there.

The 696 is a very good player indeed. It can do a good 720p that is acceptable to most. Again , do some basic  calibration
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2007 at 07:25 AM »
My 676 has two video adjustments its either progressive or interlace. The default is interlace. Under this option what appears in the signal mode of the AX100 is 576i. Once i change this to progressive, the i just change to p indicating maybe progressive scanning.  Its my impression that what is registered in the signal mode is the source rather than the output of the pj. .

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007 at 07:28 AM by jerix »

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2007 at 11:41 AM »
My 676 has two video adjustments its either progressive or interlace. The default is interlace. Under this option what appears in the signal mode of the AX100 is 576i. Once i change this to progressive, the i just change to p indicating maybe progressive scanning.  Its my impression that what is registered in the signal mode is the source rather than the output of the pj. .

You can change video system output by holding down "chapter skip forward" and then "standby/on" to cycle throught Auto, PAL and NTSC system. Be sure to have your player is in STANDBY MODE before doing this. Or better yet check your manual.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2007 at 12:48 PM »
You can change video system output by holding down "chapter skip forward" and then "standby/on" to cycle throught Auto, PAL and NTSC system. Be sure to have your player is in STANDBY MODE before doing this. Or better yet check your manual.

Ahh! -- thanks again bro Alvin! it seems this procedure is not indicated in the manual.

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2007 at 08:20 AM »
how much price nito ngayon? san sya available and pwede ma demo? thanks guys!

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2007 at 08:31 AM »

I did this last night and just doin this was an adventure  ;D I cycled through the different modes but it seems that my eyes have already been acquainted with the 576p and have become my choice. Maybe one reason is my impression that since 576 is the highest video signal that the pio 676 can provide then the pj just have to add 144 to make it 720.  ;D

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
how much price nito ngayon? san sya available and pwede ma demo? thanks guys!

Bro call Arman Pescasio of AVCP / 535-2125

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2007 at 06:49 AM »
I did this last night and just doin this was an adventure  ;D I cycled through the different modes but it seems that my eyes have already been acquainted with the 576p and have become my choice. Maybe one reason is my impression that since 576 is the highest video signal that the pio 676 can provide then the pj just have to add 144 to make it 720.  ;D

Ok lang yan, but sana use a calibration disc. kahit yung black level,tint at color lang ang adjust mo, you will surely see a big difference.

Offline lendgr8t

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 10:14 PM »
help! Im having a problem with my ax100...Lagi syang namamatay every 2 minutes tapos umiilaw ng color orange ung led light nya..So aantayin ko hanggang maging red ulit para mabuksan pero ganun pa rin ung nangyayari..what seems to be the problem? ???

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #163 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 12:02 PM »
Sir,
Most probably, that's the "iris-problem" of the ax-100. Please refer to Sir Jeric's similar posts on early pages.
I suggest to call your dealer...Hope this helps.
Enjoy what you have!

Offline lendgr8t

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 05:34 PM »
Sir,
Most probably, that's the "iris-problem" of the ax-100. Please refer to Sir Jeric's similar posts on early pages.
I suggest to call your dealer...Hope this helps.

Already called Listening in Style regarding my problem, they said they would call me and tell my problem to their boss.. I can't seem to find Sir Jeric's posts with the same problem as mine  ??? hayyyy...sana maayos na to... nakakatakot naman kasi 2 months pa lang skin ung pj, sk ngayon ko p lng cya nagagamit ng madalas...

One more question? Why is it that my pj shows that i've already used 220 hours when i know that I haven't used my pj that long?

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 06:03 PM »
"One more question? Why is it that my pj shows that i've already used 220 hours when i know that I haven't used my pj that long?"

Sir, seems your PJ is NOT brand new. In my opinion lang po.
Enjoy what you have!

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 08:04 PM »
Bakit ganun, sana hindi na lang nag labas ng mga units na me problema o recall na lang lahat ng defective batches. 70K+ is a considerable investment.  Even with an excellent support like what the others experienced, some would veer away from acquiring this model kung after sometime eh me masisira.  :)

Bro Jerix, ano na status ng unit mo? Diagnosed na ba and me final replacement na?  Update naman.
ALA EH!!

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 08:52 PM »

One more question? Why is it that my pj shows that i've already used 220 hours when i know that I haven't used my pj that long?

My Ax-100 is almost 6 months old and only has 140 hours of lamp used ??? baka sir demo unit yung nabigay sa iyo.

Offline lendgr8t

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 10:01 PM »
Brand new po ung pj nung binili ko.. I had the lamp hour used checked before buying the unit. Kaya lang ambilis ng counter nya ng lamp hour used, naka eco mode naman.

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 11:06 PM »
right now, you don't have any options but to return it for service. 
shutting down problem - http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=65262.0

also, try to check this thread on AVS

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=719857&page=126&pp=30

update mo lang kami sir, para naman malaman namin ang after sales ng listening in style.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 07:45 AM »
Brand new po ung pj nung binili ko.. I had the lamp hour used checked before buying the unit. Kaya lang ambilis ng counter nya ng lamp hour used, naka eco mode naman.

;DPrang modified(tampered) taxi meter ;D ;D.  Seriously, you can objectively verify if the counter is calibrated by capturing the time you have watched and then comparing it with how the meter ran the time. Firmware bug?? Maybe.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007 at 07:46 AM by CocoBoy »
ALA EH!!

Offline lendgr8t

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 09:11 AM »
It seems to me that i DO have the iris problem.. Checked the self test menu on my pj and it shows the iris status ok pero red ung ok.  Based sa avsforums pag red, i have the sticky iris issue.. What should I do? Should I demand listening to replace my pj? Ung mga members kc dun s forums has their pjs replaced by panasonic kahit mga 300 hours used na.. Nakakatakot kasi baka gawan lang nila ng remedyo tapos bumalik ulit ung sira kapag malapit na matapos ung warranty..tsk tsk..

Also does anyone of you experience discoloration sa projected image ng pj? kasi may nakikita ako parang blue streak s upper left corner ng image, iniisip ko kc baka naduduling lang ako.. Minsan kasi obvious na obvious ung blue, minsan naman parang anino lang  ???

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 09:59 AM »
Sorry to hear bout your problem bro. As a fellow ax100e user, I wish I could help you out but I'm really not familiar and haven't experienced all the symptoms shown by your unit. Mine runs perfectly since day 1. For now I suggest you lean on it's warranty. You definitely have every right to demand your unit's replacement. Goodluck!  ;)

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 03:21 PM »
Bakit ganun, sana hindi na lang nag labas ng mga units na me problema o recall na lang lahat ng defective batches. 70K+ is a considerable investment.  Even with an excellent support like what the others experienced, some would veer away from acquiring this model kung after sometime eh me masisira.  :)

Bro Jerix, ano na status ng unit mo? Diagnosed na ba and me final replacement na?  Update naman.

Bro -- AVCP will come to my house this weekend to replace with a BRANDNEW UNIT the service unit they gave me while my PJ is with PANASONIC.

Lend may have the same IRIS problem. After 2 minutes, the PJ goes off. Based on what I've read, the firmware shuts down the PJ once the IRIS fails to open. The non-opening of the IRIS is being caused by the lubrication they applied to the IRIS mechanism. Got no info from AVCP about the official diagnosis of PANASONIC. The good thing here, the option is REPLACEMENT. I have the service unit (Also a brand new unit) from AVCP for more than a month i think from now. AVCP allowed mo to use the service unit as far as my eyes permit.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007 at 03:33 PM by jerix »

Offline lendgr8t

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 04:13 PM »
Called Listening in Style again today, asked me na dalhin nlng s kanila ung pj para i-check..tsk tsk. abala talaga 2ng pj na to  :(

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 08:07 AM »
I'm from Bulacan but its AVCP that comes  ;D We call that excellent service.

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 09:26 AM »
I'm from Bulacan but its AVCP that comes  ;D We call that excellent service.

Nice to hear that pre. Galing talaga ng AVCP. Consistent in Good after sales service.  :)

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 11:41 AM »
Called Listening in Style again today, asked me na dalhin nlng s kanila ung pj para i-check..tsk tsk. abala talaga 2ng pj na to  :(

sorry to hear that sir. laking hassle  :(. i hope they provide you with a service unit coz it might take a while before it is fixed or resolved.

kaya nga nung nag-offer yung kilala kong AV shop ay hindi pa rin ako kumuha sa kanya, kasi consider ko yung extended warranty (2 years), home demo/delivery,plus dedicated on-site technician which is offered by AVCP.

goodluck :)

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 11:49 AM »
Above are the reasons that's why I got my unit also from AVCP. Really superb service.
Sir Butch, pasyal ka sa bahay para makita mo na yong mga bunga ng contributions
mo sa ht ko. Thanks and I'm very grateful for your unselfish assistance.  ;)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
Above are the reasons that's why I got my unit also from AVCP. Really superb service.
Sir Butch, pasyal ka sa bahay para makita mo na yong mga bunga ng contributions
mo sa ht ko. Thanks and I'm very grateful for your unselfish assistance.  ;)

Hi Romel,
Congrats and thanks for the invite :) . one of these days pasyal ako sa place mo. No problem sir, it's good to hear that some inputs worked out on your set up. Laki ba sir ng difference in PQ ng AX100 compare dun sa RPTV?   ;)