Author Topic: Paragon Home Video and Synergy Music Corp DVDs  (Read 4760 times)

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Paragon Home Video and Synergy Music Corp DVDs
« on: Feb 06, 2008 at 06:36 PM »
I've been seeing these 2 release a handful of titles lately.
The quality of their DVD's seem worst than even C-interactive's quality.

I did not bother to buy any because the quality turned me off.

their titles include Hellraiser 1&2, Children of the Corn 1,2&3, Rose of Death, Killer Story, Feral and several other titles I couldn't remember.

any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008 at 07:50 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Paragon Home Video and Synergy Music Corp DVD's
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:14 PM »

I've been seeing these 2 release a handful of titles lately.
The quality of their DVD's seem worst than even C-interactive's quality.

I did not bother to buy any because the quality turned me off.

their titles include Hellraiser 1&2, Children of the Corn 1,2&3, Rose of Death, Killer Story, Feral and several other titles I couldn't remember.

any thoughts?

I was really surprised yet pissed at the same time to see those films released as 'cheap' movies. I mean, when you check HELLRAISER and CHILDREN OF THE CORN dvds online, they become a respectable release. Here, the packaging and even the plastic case used is awful. I dare not buy them at all even if it is P100! HELLRAISER and CHILDREN OF THE CORN may not be at par with THE OMEN but they deserved a better DVD released here. Have you seen some other disappointing Paragon releases? They also have those R-Rated local drama tagged as Sensual Cinema or something. The only thing that 'fancies' me is the Celso Ad Castillo-helmed, TAG-ULAN SA TAG-ARAW. Otherwise, I steer very clear.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:30 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 12:50 AM »
I bought one of Paragon's earliest local release (The Ten Commandments - The Musical). And decided that I will never buy another from them unless somebody can show that they have improved their quality...

I would say, they are worse than old C Interactive titles (C Interactive is now releasing Imported Discs and no complains from those so far).

Check my review of The Ten Commandments - The Musical:
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=69317.0

Is Synergy and Paragon, the same guys? 

Some Synergy music concert DVDs are half-way decent, good SQ and okay (not great) PQ on DVD5.   Probably not as good as DVD9 R1, but since I can't compare, they are good enough for me.  There are those who bought The China Crisis DVD and complained about the horrendous PQ, not sure if Synergy released those, but I think that DVD is not available anywhere else in the world, can't really tell, if the transfer is bad or the source is bad.

If anyone was suckered into buying one of Paragon's titles, please post your comments....
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 09:21 AM »
just saw DVD's form Paragon and Synergy again, they look terrible!! >:(

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 12:32 PM »
Some of these companies just transfer the encoding on VCDs to DVD, so I'm not surprised. That's misrepresentation right there and someone should sue them.

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 01:14 PM »
i have KUBRADOR released by Paragon.

The cover art is atrocious, imagine the cover did not fit the case, to remedy this what they did was to fold the middle part to fit the case. Very very bad.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Paragon Home Video and Synergy Music Corp DVDs
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008 at 01:34 AM »

Hey guys, do you remember D' VIEWERS' CHOICE CORP. (the one with red check logo)? It's the distributor of some VHS releases back then. Everything, from packaging to movie quality, are awful. We have THE MASK before released by them and one of our customers (in our video shop before) who rented that title thought we lent him a pirated movie. That's how bad the quality of the movie released by that company. I wonder what's become of them? I just thought of that distributor in lieu of this topic.

Offline mujacko2002

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 679
Re: Paragon Home Video and Synergy Music Corp DVDs
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2009 at 02:56 PM »
Mabuhay!

Marami palang complaints when it comes to those companies pala. I was able buy 1 DVD-movie by Paragon Home Video entitled "sinking of japan", gosh, I was really disappointed. Parang if one tries to compare it with a p*&^%@$ copy walang laban ang "original" na nabili kong ito.

KAKASUYA!!!  :P :-X :'(

God is good all the time!!!
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com