Author Topic: NEX10 Group Buy  (Read 7962 times)

Offline Jagner

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: NEX10 Group Buy
« Reply #60 on: Apr 16, 2008 at 10:36 AM »
@pabili,

Thanks for the info.  I'll look into it  :).  Here's the link for the BEYMA driver:

http://ceiling.beyma.com/ENGLISH/pdf/8AGN.pdf

Offline aHobbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
There have been a good following on planars among audiophiles. I think I understand them now. Planars are really good and provides a more realistic sonic characteristics (less distortions) at certain frequencies and with certain trade-off (normal for any speakers in consideration).

The discourcaging issue with most planars are their low sensitivity (you need high power amplification), and some frequency response limitations and issues.

However, BG have patented designs that almost met the challenges of previous planars. However, I think planars will be planars, in terms of how it reproduce sounds. As the specs have described it, the height of planar sound will be the length of those planars (controlled vertical), but its horizontal propagation is not an issue (wide dispersion) depending on frequency.

So, If you want width & height to your sound, you have to build high planars (for whatever it will serve you). In a hotel or lounge, BG design tall planars to remove issues of people listening (either standing up or sitting down, regardless of their ear-listening height). In home, if you are into critical listening always (presupposes sitting down position), tall planars may not be a necessity at all.
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline Leonidas

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Apr 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM »

OT:

Beyma is available at the Music Box II enterprises in Dau, Pampanga.   ;)  I'm presently using the 8AG/N fullrange driver for my speakers

Pa O.T. also

Tnx Jagner & Don, actually I was able to get 2 pairs of Beyma 8AG/N drivers already yung isang pair para kay Alexg who built Viech Horn cabinets for them.  Sakin naman nakasalpak sa exponential back loaded horn type na cabinets gawa ni Anthony.  In my opinion they mated very well with my KT88 Single Ended Setup.  Superb mid-range! Kahit gano kalakas hindi sumasabog.  Very dynamic sound. Since the freq response is 60hz-18khz I was intrigued kung matutulungan ko pa both ends.  I started with the bottom end by adding sub woofer, fantastic results.  Now I want to extend HF past 20khz that's why I'm thinking about adding the NEO 10s but no idea how to configure.

Don, if you want beymas le me know baka makahirit pa ako ng isa dun sa music box.

Robert

Offline pabili

• Collector
  • Your Garbage ... My treasure!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Apr 17, 2008 at 10:21 AM »
Pa O.T. also

Don, if you want beymas le me know baka makahirit pa ako ng isa dun sa music box.

Robert

Hi robert, wud you know if they have other beymas, the 10's and the 12's just in case? Or I wud appreciate if you can give me their ctc number. TIA.  :)

Offline Jagner

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #64 on: Apr 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
Hi robert, wud you know if they have other beymas, the 10's and the 12's just in case? Or I wud appreciate if you can give me their ctc number. TIA.  :)

Here's the number:

Music Box II : (6345) 6240753

I haven't seen a 10 AG/N in their stash, but they've been using 10 and 12 inch woofers for their cabinets.

Offline Leonidas

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Apr 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM »

Hi Pabili,

Unfortunately wala yung mga 10's and 12's na AG/N.  Meron mga co-axials na 12 and 15 and mga LF drivers na 15's.  Look for Joel.  He's very helpful--would even read to you specs over the phone.  My impression is that inuubos lang nila ang stocks nila unless magkaroon ng demand cguro. 

Robert

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #66 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
quiet na? ::)

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:18 AM by oweidah »

Offline armstrong